Wedding Laava in a hall...

Sat1176

In relation to recent events regarding our Sri Guru Granth Sahib prevented from being taken into a hall for a wedding, I was trying to understand the following.

We all agree that this is considered beadbi of our Guru :TH: and laava should be only taken in a gurdwara. This is concidered inappropriate because the location in question serves alcholol, meat, music etc... or am I missing something?

If this is the case, is it beadbi when the Sri Guru Granth Sahib is taken to a home for an Akhand paath and prior to the event the family members of the household used to eat meat in their home, drink alcholol, listern to music etc.

If this is also considered beadbi, then does that mean we should prevent this also?

Where do we draw the line? grin.gif Or will is reach a stage where the Sri Guru Granth Sahib will be prevented from being taken out of the gurdwara full stop! :doh:

Would appreciate the sangat's views on this.

Bhul Chuk Maaf...

I guess its ok to bring the SGGS to your house as your house is not licensed to serve alcohol, and the person bring the SGGS to his/her house should take into consideration if it is appropriate and suitable to bring the SGGS to their house.

107275[/snapback]

I don't think it is anyting to do with License. Do you think there is any difference in having alcohal in your cupbaord at home or in a bar? If having alcohal in a hall along side SGGS is BEADBI, it should be BEADBI if same thing happens in a house or somewhere else.

I personally don't think anyone can come to any conclusion so easily on this subject.

TU MERA RAKHA SABHNI THAYEE

actually, when guru ji is brought into a house, i think that it is required all alcohol and meet should be gone... the house should be fully cleaned...

there are a lot of differences between taking Guru ji to a house and a banquet hall...

usually people take baba ji to a banquet hall for a marriage because its more convienient for them.. the party will be right there, it hink what most people are afraid of is that people will start drinking and whatever else while Guru ji is still there. This happened here once in toronto that i can remember. when Guru ji is taken to a house it is easier to control the environment around.

but i guess in the end...

jithhai jaae behai maeraa sathiguroo so thhaan suhaavaa raam raajae ||

Wherever my True Guru goes and sits, that place is beautiful, O Lord King.

I think people dont want the beadbi of Guru ji to happen. If Guru Ji is brought to a house, it is that persons responsibility to make sure everything is how it should be.....

Fateh

I don't think it is anyting to do with License. Do you think there is any difference in having alcohal in your cupbaord at home or in a bar? If having alcohal in a hall along side SGGS is BEADBI, it should be BEADBI if same thing happens in a house or somewhere else.

I personally don't think anyone can come to any conclusion so easily on this subject.

TU MERA RAKHA SABHNI THAYEE

107276[/snapback]

WKWF

We don’t make the rules, the rules come from the Akal Takht and as it is permitted to bring the SGGS to your house and not permitted to take SGGS to a place which holds a license to serve alcohol, however I don’t believe it is right to bring the SGGS to your house if you permit drinking in your household.

WKWF.