mumbling granthis..

I don't want to disrespect any Granthi, because a paapi like me has no right to say anything about Gursikhs who devote their tan and man to Guru sahib. I am a big moorakh who has a question for the sangat:

In Gurughar, sometimes the granthi reading from SGGS mumbles gurbani and reads so fast that it is incomprehensible, i mean I can catch a word here and there like , NAAM, PRABH, ETC...To a point doesn't it become ritualistic, because the whole point of Gurughar is to sit in the sangat and listen to Dhur Ki Baani so our thick headed skulls can conquer some hankaar...if that Dhur ki baani is not spoken clearly and loudly what is the sangat supposed to absorb, it's like I'm just sitting there pretending to know what's going on?

First and foremost I'm sure the granthi at our Gurughar doesn't do it intentionally...so no disrespect to any gursikhs, i have the utmost respect for them..My question to the sangat is, what's the nicest way to approach something like this or has anybody encountered this before?

thanks.

fateh.

If its incomprehensible you should approach them and let them know. Its very common at Akhand Paats in India, granthis just mumble and flip 2-3 pannay at a time. No one is listening half the time, socializing, or the people present by Maharaj don't have the knowledge to know bani is being "skipped".

If its incomprehensible you should approach them and let them know. Its very common at Akhand Paats in India, granthis just mumble and flip 2-3 pannay at a time. No one is listening half the time, socializing, or the people present by Maharaj don't have the knowledge to know bani is being "skipped".

109534[/snapback]

So true. Akhand Path are now wrongly done for social reasons. I attended a few Akhand Path in India over the last year and was saddened to see how things are done over there especially with the buffet lunches where everyone touches everything with joota hands. A few weeks ago I was at the Gurdwara and a paati was falling asleep whilst doing Path. He was having long breaks to yawn etc. Sadly many of these people do not have jobs so are willing to do lots of rola to make money even if it means they get little sleep. It is up to Gurdwara prabandaks to ensure that rola are evenly distributed.