The Hives Are Law!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont EVER CALL SIMPLE PLAN PUNK they are NOT punk, but at the same time neither are the hives. both bands are pop punk, but the hives are way better musically and have better messages in their songs.

anywho

religious music is usually very overrated in terms of musicianship because i think hard times are what fuels music. look at blues. nothing but hard times created that music.

Now a days music is just a waste. I am young myself but i like the old punjabi songs. People like Amar Singh Shonki, Mohammed Saqid and ranjit kaur and yamala jatt are all good. My dad likes those i do too. LOL. old days my dad's timez. BACK IN THE DAY. :TH: LOL.

People like jazzy b, and those england bands are no good. Nothing positive comes out of songs these days.

Guest hsm316
1970's rock music=perfection

2000's canadian rock=amazing

2000's indie rock=good

Pop Punk=useless

Punjabi/Bhangra=what's the point?

EDIT:I didn't put rap in because its so incredibly bad

112449[/snapback]

Lets get this straight: rap is incredibly bad... Punjabi music-what's the point... ???

Dude, 2 things:

1: You are probably a coconut and have suffered because of your 'caste,' hence your dislike of punjabi music.

2. You earlier said that The Hives are Pop Punk, but have now (above) said that Pop Punk is useless.

Do yourself a favour... get a life and an education, even if its an education in modern music. If you think thats harsh, go take a look in the mirror.

"Punjabi music is bad..." :) Don't write cheques that your rear can't cash. Muppet.

1: You are probably a coconut and have suffered because of your 'caste,' hence your dislike of punjabi music.

112496[/snapback]

You called me a coconut? Yea, real mature. As for me suffering because of my 'caste', you dont know a THING about me outside of 1 band I like. So don't make assumptions about me. I could care less about my caste, my culture, adn anything else assigned to me by birth.

dont EVER CALL SIMPLE PLAN PUNK they are NOT punk, but at the same time neither are the hives. both bands are pop punk, but the hives are way better musically and have better messages in their songs.

112152[/snapback]

2) you need to understand that although i disagree with the hives calling themselves punk, i feel their musicianship is still good. Read above you "muppet" (what kind of insult is that?)

Do yourself a favour... get a life and an education, even if its an education in modern music.  If you think thats harsh, go take a look in the mirror.

112496[/snapback]

What are you talking about? I'd gladly SHOW you my knowledge of music, because I KNOW i have knowledge about the topic. Show some respect for yourself.

Guest hsm316
I could care less about my caste, my culture, adn anything else assigned to me by birth.

You said it mate. You could (and probably should) care less about these things! You might have made a typo there, but I reckon its the real you coming out!

2) you need to understand that although i disagree with the hives calling themselves punk, i feel their musicianship is still good. Read above you "muppet" (what kind of insult is that?)

You feel their musicianship is good, but you also state that pop punk bands are useless. The 2 comments contradict each other. I'm just trying to point out that your absolute generalisations such as these and "Punjabi music... what's the point?" are ridiculous. Muppet? It's not quite a mop and its not quite a puppet, but it does you justice, you figure it out.

You've already shown us your knowledge of music my friend: Let's sum it up shall we... rap is incredibly bad, punjabi music is pointless, pop punk is useless... hmm I don't think the likes of Paul Morley will have much to worry about from the likes of you.

BTW I'm not usually this nasty. It's only because you have no clue about Punjabi music, but still decide to write it off completely as having no value... like most people from Sikh background who write it off, this is probably because you heard Putt Juttan De once too often. Yes, I don't know you, but unfortunately I don't think you know you either. Listen to The Hives as much as you like, (I think they're quite good actually too) but you'll never change the colour of your skin. So suck it up and at least give Punjabi music a listen to before tearing it apart.

Oh and the fact that you have another id which you then used to backup your own argument hasn'thelped you win any points either!