Amrit!

Guest KHALSA!

Guest KHALSA!

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa vaheguroo jiki fateh sangat ji

i was wounderin... about taking amrit without parents knowing? what do people think of it?

as my parents are stopping me .. but im thinking how can somebody stop you from the path of god? and i want to give my heard to guru ji !1

do you tthink i should as k 1 more time, and if they say no .. i should just go for it?

AS I AM READY

VAHEGUROOO JI KA KHALSA VAHEGUROO JIKI FATEH

i say go for it... u should have total faith in ur guru that he will guide you and protect you... if u think ur ready.. and have that commitment that u wanna take it... then by all means... NOBODY should stop you.. and if ur parents try... well sux to be them... u gotta do wha's best for you... u don't live ur life according to their wishes.. u do wha's best for u and ur sikhi...

i knew sum1 who was in this situation.. his parents said if he took it tha'd they kick him outta the house... so he took it anywayz.. his parents warmed up to it... and things are goin good now for him.. just have that faith in ur guru and everything will be alrite.. even if u DO end up leavin ur house or somethin, whatever happens, will happen for the best...

all the best with ur decision..

yeh but i think its a lot more special with aagyaa from ure parents. very high status has been given to mothers n fathers and i think if u can, strive to get their blessings first.

"You have no respect for friends, ideals, relations, mother or father.

You make them do what they should not do. You make them eat what they should not eat. You make them accomplish what they should not accomplish.

Save me, save me - I have come to Your Sanctuary, O my Lord and Master; Nanak prays to the Lord. ||48||"

-SGGSJ panna 1358

"O son, why do you argue with your father? It is a sin to argue with the one who fathered you and raised you. ||1||Pause||"

- SGGSJ panna 1200

"One who does not show respect to the wishes of their parents is will be punished."

Rehatnama Bhai Chaupaa Singh Jee

yeh but i think its a lot more special with aagyaa from ure parents. very high status has been given to mothers n fathers and i think if u can, strive to get their blessings first.

"You have no respect for friends, ideals, relations, mother or father.

You make them do what they should not do. You make them eat what they should not eat. You make them accomplish what they should not accomplish.

Save me, save me - I have come to Your Sanctuary, O my Lord and Master; Nanak prays to the Lord. ||48||"

-SGGSJ panna 1358

"O son, why do you argue with your father? It is a sin to argue with the one who fathered you and raised you. ||1||Pause||"

- SGGSJ panna 1200

"One who does not show respect to the wishes of their parents is will be punished."

Rehatnama Bhai Chaupaa Singh Jee

113462[/snapback]

You are right. We must respect our parents, and it would be very nice if the parents allow to take amrit. But if they are stopping from going on the path of truth, then i don't know why we should stop.

Here is a Gurwaak:

iesqrI purK kwim ivAwpy jIau rwm nwm kI ibiD nhI jwxI ]

eisuthuree purukh kaam viaapae jeeo raam naam kee bidh nehee jaanee

Men and women are obsessed with sex; they do not know the Way of the Lord's Name.

mwq ipqw suq BweI Kry ipAwry jIau fUib muey ibnu pwxI ]

maath pithaa suth bhaaee khurae piaarae jeeo ddoob mueae bin paanee

Mother, father, children and siblings are very dear, but they drown, even without water.

fUib muey ibnu pwxI giq nhI jwxI haumY Dwqu sMswry ]

ddoob mueae bin paanee gath nehee jaanee houmai dhaath sunsaarae

They are drowned to death without water - they do not know the path of salvation, and they wander around the world in egotism.

jo AwieAw so sBu ko jwsI aubry gur vIcwry ]

jo aaeiaa so subh ko jaasee ouburae gur veechaarae

All those who come into the world shall depart. Only those who contemplate the Guru shall be saved.

gurmuiK hovY rwm nwmu vKwxY Awip qrY kul qwry ]

gurumukh hovai raam naam vukhaanai aap thurai kul thaarae

Those who become Gurmukh and chant the Lord's Name, save themselves and save their families as well. :)

nwnk nwmu vsY Gt AMqir gurmiq imly ipAwry ]2]

naanuk naam vusai ghutt anthar gurumath milae piaarae

O Nanak, the Naam, the Name of the Lord, abides deep within their hearts; through the Guru's Teachings, they meet their Beloved. ||2||