Rakhriya

WGJKKWGJKF

Kandola Ji, who are we to tie strings to guru ji.

Maharaj has already tied a string to each and every one of us, puppets and he will take us wherever he pleases. You show your love to guru ji by strengthing that string through, seva and simran :wub: . So if you want to tie a rakhree to maharaj di palki, adopt a gursikhi jeevan, that will show maharaj how much you love him. A mere string doesnt do that, in my opinion.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJKK WJKP i agree with well all of you i still get made to do it on my sisters bcuz my parents arent that religious but i wont carry it on when im older i agree that this is a hindu thing and ive seen the pictures of bibi nanaki tying 1 on sri guru nanak dev ji but if he turned down the sacred thread thing then surely he wouldnt wear a rakhri because 1 of u said that a rakhri was a protection for the sisters but in sikhi we have guru ji WJKK WJKP

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

First off, apology to navdeepsingh. Why? Because I accidentally posted under his name. I was on his computer and accidentally usd his account. That post that navdeepsingh posted was actually posted by me. Secondly, totally agree with Akal Purkh Ki Fauj.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

WJKK WJKF

Tying Rakhri is not a Sikh tradition and Sikhs doesn't used to follow this practise. But when Sikhs rescued more than 5000 Hindu girls from Abdali's clutches :TH: and by giving them all the respect took them to their homes safely. Those Hindu girls tied Rakhis to these Sikhs bcoz for them it is the sign to make some1 brother.

The Sikhs didn't stopped them bcoz they(girls) were Hindus and Sikhs doesn't ask anybody to change their religion,etc

Since then it is said that they used to tie Rakhis to Sikhs.

When did the Sikh girls started tying Rakhis, I don't know. Maybe they started tying Rakhis bcoz of the cultural reasons.

Bhul Chuk Maff karni