Yatra To Dharmik Asthaan !

Oh but dnt listen to the driver, he has gruesome stories to tell u abt ppl who died on the way there.

118377[/snapback]

Out drivers decided to fight with another bus driver on the way, The bus driver blocked his way for a bit and the 2nd driver got out and got his hockey stick ! We all were proper shocked. My Masar Ji and dad had to get out to get them back in as we came to do peaceful Yatra not to watch fights.

We didn't have good drivers. As the roads were really narrow they were reversing and went right on the edge of the clif it was really scary because we thought the jeep was going to go so my family done Sukhmani Sahib Ji Dha Paht & Vaheguru Ji done Their Kirpa on us.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean an 80yr old went smiling!

118377[/snapback]

SVJKK, SVJKF

The buzuhrg (elders) give so much courage. Its so nice. When my mum had given up and just sat on a bench on the way she said to leave her there she wont be able to make it and a elderly Baba had come and took mum and gave her courage saying "Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj would hold your arm and take you there" :wub: :wub: :wub: pray.gifpray.gifpray.gif - and so it was true !

SVJKK, SVJKF

yeah I felt exactly like ur mum, I could not go up or down, I still dont know how I made it up and then back to Punjab again. Without Guru Ji's kirpa I could nver have done it.

Thank God.

BTW there was langar when we went.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

I feel so lucky as when I was about 17, Guru Jee did so much kirpa on me as they blessed me and my family with the chance to do yatra of so many gurdwaras in India. We were in India for 2 months, we had the camcorder with us so that was great and I still watch the videos every so often to refresh my memories of which Gurdwaras we had darshan of. We had so much fun, there was about 15 of us all in a van going to all the gurdwaras. It was just amazing… no words to describe the experience.. I wish I could do it again soon..

We went to Anandpur Sahib and the surrounding gurdwaras, Goindwal Sahib, Sultan Pur Lodhi, Manikaran, Hazur Sahib and all the surrounding gurdwaras including Nanak Chira (amazing Gurdwara which Guru Nanak Dev Jee visited), Bangla Sahib, Sis Ganj Sahib, Rakab Ganj, Nanaksar in Jagroan, Raara Sahib, Harmandir Sahib, Taran Taran, Manikaran Sahib, Rawaalsar Sahib, Fatehgarh Sahib.

I agree with London Singh, Gurdwara Vibhore Sahib is amazing as it fronts the River Sutlej..

Still lots more Gurdwaras which are on my list to visit. I want to go to Hemkunt Sahib, Nankana Sahib and other Gurdwaras in Pakistan such as Panja Sahib, Patna Sahib, Damdama Sahib , Chamkaur Sahib, Poanta Sahib. I hope the time comes soon so that I can go pray.gif

I have been to Darbar Sahib three times and stayed the night there in the Parkarma and listened to the Asa Di Vaar… every time I go, the better the experience it gets.

Darbar Sahib is such an amazing place… It is Sach Khand on this Earth.. Dithe Sabha Thaav Nahi Tudh Jehian

The last time I went to India was with my Dad last year. We went to our village as my Dad had things to sort out at home first before we could do any travelling. When I was at our village, I really missed Alpha TV panjabi and not being able to see the keertan live from Darbar Sahib in the mornings as my relatives did not have the channel.. I started to feel frustrated and bored no.gif

A week into being in India… I had enough and one evening me and my dad decided that we were going to hire a van that night and drive to Darbar Sahib… which we did…We felt that we could not wait any longer..

We got to Darbar Sahib at 2 in the morning… and the peace and Anand I felt when we arrived in the Parkarma was just amazing….we went into the Darbar Sahib and listened to the Asa Di Vaar da keertan… and then it was time for the Ardas..As the Granthi Singh Jee was doing the Ardas, we realised that it was

Dhan Sri Guru Arjan Dev Jee's Avtar Gurpurab… :wub:

We had arrived at Darbar Sahib without knowing that it was Guru Jee's Avtar Gurpurab..

It was amazing… we felt as If Guru Jee had personally taken us to Darbar Sahib for his Avtar Gurpurab.. It was so emotional.. :wub:

And another thing that made me feel so happy was that Bhai Jasbir Singh Poanta Sahib Wale did keertan after the Asa Di Vaar… He is such an amazing keertani, the environment in Darbar Sahib was so amazing that there are no words to describe it…everyone was singing Gurbani with such love celebrating Guru Arjan Dev Jee's Avtar Gurpurab.. I just did not want to leave Darbar Sahib after that.. ohmy.gif

Then there was another personal memory…… A Bibi came upto me and told me to do a certain number of Japji Sahib paaths before Guru Arjan Dev Jee's Shaheedi Gurpurab… It was amazing…

I felt the presence of Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Jee at Darbar Sahib that day.

I will never forget those few hours of my life.. they were the best.

:wub:

Dhan Waheguru

My first trip to the land of our Guru Sahibs was last year with Waheguru's kirpa at the 400th anniversay celebrations - it was amaaaazing!

As we made our way to Amritsar I saw a couple of kesri coloured gatherings of Sikhs on the road sides near Jalandhar. We didn't quite know why, then we soon realised that these were langars and shabbeels that Sikhs were organising for yatrees on their way to Darbar Sahib. Practically the entire road from Jalandhar to Amritsar was lined with shabeel after shabeel, langar after langar. The roads were blocked with coaches, jeeps, cars, scooters (some were carrying 4+ people! :wub: ), autorickshaws, tractors and carts all adorned by kesri flags, kesri banners and posters portraying the first parkash in Amritsar while Nihang Singhs were making their casual journey on horseback. It felt like the whole of Punjab was going to Sifti Da Ghar! The roadsides had posters, hovering above the road were banners giving vadaiaa on the 400 year parkash utsev and people even decorated their dastaars with kesri strips saying "Lakh, Lakh Vadai hovai"! The journey that should take approx 2 hours ended up taking lose to 6 hours due to the huge amounts of traffic and sevadars hailing down cars (by force sometimes!) so that the langar that they had lovingly prepared was distributed to all! Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji!

When we entered Amritsar city my stomach had butterflies, the first time for me to have darshan of Harmandar Sahib was nearing, I was feeling nervous. We checked into the hotel and I switched onto the live telecast of Rehras Sahib at Darbar Sahib on Alpha Panjabi. This was a strange feeling, I was used to watching the telecast with a 4 hour delay, sitting thousands of miles away in London. But today I was sitting in a hotel room perhaps only 1 mile away! After freshening up we made our way to Darbar Sahib! The old walled city had been blocked off to cars, so we began the walk down the narrow bustling bazzar alongside many others who were singing kirtan.

We had finally arrived!

ddit(h)ae sabhae thhaav nehee thudhh jaehiaa ||

I have seen all places, but none can compare to You.

badhhohu purakh bidhhaathai thaa(n) thoo sohiaa ||

The Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, has established You; thus You are adorned and embellished.

vasadhee saghan apaar anoop raamadhaas pur ||

Ramdaspur is prosperous and thickly populated, and incomparably beautiful.

harihaa(n) naanak kasamal jaahi naaeiai raamadhaas sar ||10||

O Lord! Bathing in the Sacred Pool of Raam Daas, the sins are washed away, O Nanak. ||10||

The beauty of Harmandar Sahib looked particularly dazzling with all the lights adorning the complex on that night. The queue on the dashani deori was long but went so quick as we listened to the beautiful kirtan and sang along. There was alot of pushing and shoving as sangat was longing for darshan. Each time the pole held by sewadars to control the sangat rose, each and everyone of us wished to pass through. Indeed it felt like the entire sangat did get though at the same time as me! Waheguru did mehar, I entered Darbar Sahib. I clinched onto the golden rail and thought it was inevitable that I am going to fall down from the pressure of the sangat bursting into the Darbar Sahib. Then suddenly, it felt like the sangat in front of me, behind me and to my sides had disapeared. My Guru allowed me to matha tek in complete peace, no pushes, no shoves, no rush, pure peace. After getting up from Matha tek I moved to the left and just stood and listened to the kirtan. It was an amazing expereince - Guru sahib is so meciful. :wub: When I was ushered to move along, I simply sat outside the door and was allowed to re-enter for the samapti Ardas. I am thankful to Waheguru to have given me this opportunity. :wub: :wub: :wub: :doh: :doh:

birathhee kadhae n hovee jan kee aradhaas ||

The prayer of the Lord's humble servant is never offered in vain.

My first trip to the land of our Guru Sahibs was last year with Waheguru's kirpa at the 400th anniversay celebrations - it was amaaaazing!

As we made our way to Amritsar I saw a couple of kesri coloured gatherings of Sikhs on the road sides near Jalandhar.  We didn't quite know why, then we soon realised that these were langars and shabbeels that Sikhs were organising for yatrees on their way to Darbar Sahib.  Practically the entire road from Jalandhar to Amritsar was lined with shabeel after shabeel, langar after langar.  The roads were blocked with coaches, jeeps, cars, scooters (some were carrying 4+ people!  :wub: ), autorickshaws, tractors and carts all adorned by kesri flags, kesri banners and posters portraying the first parkash in Amritsar while Nihang Singhs were making their casual journey on horseback.  It felt like the whole of Punjab was going to Sifti Da Ghar!  The roadsides had posters,  hovering above the road were banners giving vadaiaa on the 400 year parkash utsev and people even decorated their dastaars with kesri strips saying "Lakh, Lakh Vadai hovai"!  The journey that should take approx 2 hours ended up taking lose to 6 hours due to the huge amounts of traffic and sevadars hailing down cars (by force sometimes!) so that the langar that they had lovingly prepared was distributed to all!  Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji!

When we entered Amritsar city my stomach had butterflies, the first time for me to have darshan of Harmandar Sahib was nearing, I was feeling nervous.  We checked into the hotel and I switched onto the live telecast of Rehras Sahib at Darbar Sahib on Alpha Panjabi.  This was a strange feeling, I was used to watching the telecast with a 4 hour delay, sitting thousands of miles away in London.  But today I was sitting in a hotel room perhaps only 1 mile away!  After freshening up we made our way to Darbar Sahib!  The old walled city had been blocked off to cars, so we began the walk down the narrow bustling bazzar alongside many others who were singing kirtan. 

We had finally arrived! 

ddit(h)ae sabhae thhaav nehee thudhh jaehiaa ||

I have seen all places, but none can compare to You.

badhhohu purakh bidhhaathai thaa(n) thoo sohiaa ||

The Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, has established You; thus You are adorned and embellished.

vasadhee saghan apaar anoop raamadhaas pur ||

Ramdaspur is prosperous and thickly populated, and incomparably beautiful.

harihaa(n) naanak kasamal jaahi naaeiai raamadhaas sar ||10||

O Lord! Bathing in the Sacred Pool of Raam Daas, the sins are washed away, O Nanak. ||10||

The beauty of Harmandar Sahib looked particularly dazzling with all the lights adorning the complex on that night.  The queue on the dashani deori was long but went so quick as we listened to the beautiful kirtan and sang along.  There was alot of pushing and shoving as sangat was longing for darshan.  Each time the pole held by sewadars to control the sangat rose, each and everyone of us wished to pass through.  Indeed it felt like the entire sangat did get though at the same time as me!  Waheguru did mehar, I entered Darbar Sahib.  I clinched onto the  golden rail and thought it was inevitable that I am going to fall down from the pressure of the sangat bursting into the Darbar Sahib.  Then suddenly, it felt like the sangat in front of me, behind me and to my sides had disapeared.  My Guru allowed me to matha tek in complete peace, no pushes, no shoves, no rush, pure peace.  After getting up from Matha tek I moved to the left and just stood and listened to the kirtan.  It was an amazing expereince - Guru sahib is so meciful.  :wub: When I was ushered to move along, I simply sat outside the door and was allowed to re-enter for the samapti Ardas.  I am thankful to Waheguru to have given me this opportunity.  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :doh:   :doh:

birathhee kadhae n hovee jan kee aradhaas ||

The prayer of the Lord's humble servant is never offered in vain.

118645[/snapback]

Vaheguru ... Vaheguru ... Vaheguru pray.gif :doh:

Kaur 1978 Penji !

WOW ! Wat an experience !

I would like to see the Gurdwareh Sahibs in Pakistan aswel. ... (With Vaheguru Ji's help)...I haven't seen any Gurdwara SAhibs in Pakistan.

After reading your story/post I feel like going to Amritsar @ this moment :wub:

Truly Amazing experience Penji ! :wub: _oh: :wub: _oh: :wub: _oh:

Vaheguru pray.gifpray.gifpray.gif