Choupai Sahib

Jkaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

pyare bhen ji, I do not think anyone is saying there is something wrong. bani is bani. But I do think we need one rehras where all the Panth can come together on.

Then whatever bani any individual reads on top of that is up to the individual. the more the better.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I personally think its nothing wrong by reading extra baani .. the more u read the better it is

... i myself start reading it from"punrachas ka katta sisa"

i dun find anything wrong wid it as long as u dont do less .. :umm:

Pehan Ji

i agree, when i started to padth, the first time i sat down, i had no idea what was where in the Gutka, i knew Rehraas was suppose to be done in the afternoons, but instead i started to do Japji Sahib. I did that for a few weeks, until i asked my mother she told me to do rehraas in the afternoons. So i started to do Rehraas. But the point is i did Padth. But it is also important to do the right padth at the right times. Like eating Dahi (yogurt) using a straw when u need a spoon. Yes they both work. but a spoon is more effective. As is the right bani done at the right times.

Waheguru.

Hanji it is important to do the right paath at the rite time.. agreed ... but now da question is where does choupai sahib starts..

According to the akhaal takht maryada it is as wut been posted by virji/bhenji ms514...

But naturally if u do want to read more.. its okay..

but when u do it as a sangat then i think we should stick to the panthic maryada... dats my 2cents of thoughts..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Pyare jio, I agree with bhenji. You get different types of paat. Some have specific times, ie. nitnem, asa di //, rehras, sohilla, etc.

Others are sangatee paats, i.e. sukhmani, Barahmaha, lavan, bavan akhree, etc.

If you do japji at other times there is nothing wrong with it. But Guru Ji has designed a specific routine for you. You get up in the morning and do simran abyass. Then you read the five banis of nitnem. Which are the same as when you take amrit. This is to create Amrit in you every morning. the meanings of bani are very specific. Then comes asa di //. that is a morning routine which Guru Ji has given us. Similary you have an evening routine of rehras, and one before you go to sleep.

There is so much bani, that a person can spend all day reading many different banis.

The more you read, the more you understand the meanings, the more you implement in your life. Then one can understand why each bani is read at what time.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• 3 weeks later...

Gur Fateh!

"Mahaa Kaal Kee Saran Jae Paray su lae bachae.

Uor Na upjae doosar jag pachiyo sabhai banai"

[sri Dasam Granth Sahib]

The question really should be where does Chaupai Sahib end??? The SGPC/Akal Thakt maryada cuts the last 2 stanzas out:

"Kirpa karee hum par Jug Mata..."

...why? Well, there are many reasons put forward, I don't have any references with me at present, but in general, it tends to be a mixture of political influence (to undermine the power of Gurbani and sterilise the panth), anti-Parampara hysteria (which also led to the removal of many parts of the Dasam Granth and indeed the entire Granth from Gurdwaras in amongst other matters)...

forgive any foolish comments in the foregoing...

SAT SRI AKAAAAL!