Muslims Attempting To Convert Other Faiths

Akali

GuruFateh!

I visited www.whyichosesikhism.com yesterday and was shocked at some of the literature spewed out by muslims regarding faith conversion. These people make leaflets and hand them out to their youth with quotes from the Koran regarding the impure infidels and that only followers of Islam are pure.

These leaflets outline conversion tactics that the muslims youths can employ to succesfully convert people.

I feel that the onus is on us to educate our youth about our religion and history. A lot of our people do not do this. Gurudwaras should hold more classes where the youth of today can go and learn in-depth about our religion. I feel that once you know sufficient amounts of Sikhi, no-one would even consider conversion as their own faith would be too strong.

On a final word, converting to another faith is wrong in the eyes of God. Let me explain:

I was born into a Sikh family. This was through the will of God. If he intended me to be born into a Muslim/Christian/Jewish etc. family, I would have been but I wasn't. God intended me to follow the Sikh faith and that is what I shall do. If I follow another faith, I am going against the will of God.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone else replies........

This website is a good website i agree, informative and educational BUT it is quite old now...i dont know if these things are still happening or not.

Also Islam is such a seductive faith......its always in the media and it is the most popular religion....the people that convert to Islam were probably never really followers of Sikhism anyway.

And about converting.......okay...i "converted" although i would use the term blessed, by the grace of Sikhism......you are saying converting to any religion is wrong because your family are born into a certain faith. I stronly disagree with this. I was EXTREMELY unhappy as a Catholic and my family have been Catholic for generations.......not practicing..but they were Catholic because their parents were, and their parents were and so on....

Everything is by Gurujis Hukam and i think its wrong to judge each other....and what did Guru Nanak say...all paths lead to one God..there is ONE GOD and no matter what people believe we are united in that fact...stop seeing the difference and start seeing the similarities...if Islam ohmy.gif helps sumone get closer to God, then is it for us to prevent them from their path?

If converting to another faith is wrong, what about when you see Christains or Muslims, etc convert to Sikhi?  Do you also consider them as wrongful?

121912[/snapback]

Maybe I didn't explain it clearly in my initial post. You get some people that convert to other religions under the pretext that it will help them get closer to God but these people are the same ones who can't be bothered to learn about their own religion first. I have seen this first-hand in my family. There are people who have converted to the Christian faith but knew nothing or hardly nothing about their previous faith. These are the people I am commenting about.

In reply to Pheena, I do consider it wrong if Christians/Muslims convert to Sikhi ONLY if they have not learned their own religion first. If they do not find enlightenment in their religion but find it in another, fair enough but not if you can't be bothered to learn.

Anyway, the point of this topic was about muslims who go out with the intent to befriend Sikh and Hindu girls and slowly brainwash them into accepting Islam as their religion. That is FORCEFUL conversion. That was the point of this topic and what we as Sikhs can and should do about it but it looks like people are more bothered about petty arguemnets rather than tackling the issue at hand!

I was EXTREMELY unhappy as a Catholic and my family have been Catholic for generations.......not practicing..but they were Catholic because their parents were, and their parents were and so on....

As you have just stated above, your family weren't practicing Catholics therefore you can not comment on this discussion because you never looked into the Catholic faith (as you just said) but you were unhappy. You just went by the fact that your parents and their parents were Catholics so that meant you were automatically a Catholic. WRONG!

In the Panjabi community, how many people do we see that claim to be Sikh's? The answer is a very large number. Many of this same number follow the 5 kakkar. But are they really Sikh? The answer is NO! Because they do not lead there lives according to Sikhi and the Rehat so they are not Sikhs. If we are Sikh's of the Guru, then we should lead our lives according to the Rehat otherwise how can we say we are the Guru's Sikhs? These supposed Sikh's take intoxicants, discriminate about caste etc so they are not Sikh's.

Hence my argument, that if you are born into a certain faith, follow that faith with all your heart and only if you do not find enlightenment can the subject of conversion arise.

topic needs to be CLOSED

121917[/snapback]

..........or maybe discussed.

Pheena, its fine to convert but these muslims try to convert u by telling u lies abt other religions and lies abt their own religious teachings and thats only so they can convert one person and then get a confirmed ticket to heaven and eat loads of nice fruit there rolleyes.gif

well if someone coverted to islam AFTER understanding their religion and then ISLAM, I would look up to the person for taking that step.

But not this way.

It funny how the only ppl i know who have converted to islam are those that never knew much abt any other religion or even the one they left.

If someone wants to convert, then study all the relgions and THEN convert, not cos ur boyfriend who bought u a bunch of flowers and said he loves u needs u to convert so u can marry and cos he told u islam is the way

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I was EXTREMELY unhappy as a Catholic and my family have been Catholic for generations.......not practicing..but they were Catholic because their parents were, and their parents were and so on....

As you have just stated above, your family weren't practicing Catholics therefore you can not comment on this discussion because you never looked into the Catholic faith (as you just said) but you were unhappy. You just went by the fact that your parents and their parents were Catholics so that meant you were automatically a Catholic. WRONG!

EXCUSE ME i said my family were not practicing catholics...did i say i wasnt? I was baptised AND confirmed as a Catholic and read the bible. I studied Catholiscism in depth....i also studied Islam for 4 years before being graced with Sikhism (waheguru)...that comment hurt! nonono.gif

Hence my argument, that if you are born into a certain faith, follow that faith with all your heart and only if you do not find enlightenment can the subject of conversion arise.

121933[/snapback]

EXCUSE ME i said my family were not practicing catholics...did i say i wasnt? I was baptised AND confirmed as a Catholic and read the bible. I studied Catholiscism in depth....i also studied Islam for 4 years before being graced with Sikhism (waheguru)...that comment hurt! nonono.gif

121999[/snapback]

AKali thats sick man, who are u to say who can and cannot comment on the forum? You I take it consider YOU to be the SIKH , why are u so narrow minded, i was enjoying ur posts, they made sense and then u come out with that, why dont u read between the lines, did she say she didnt read into her religion? No! Since when did sikhs start judging ppl like that man its a shame to this forum so in my opoinon u should not be allowed to comment grin.gif