What Am I?

GushK

Had a thought a couple of days ago and i didn't have any idea as to how to even approach an answer.

It's still a bit muddy in my head, maybe writing it down will make it clearer...

The universe is created from God and all matter (from atoms to galaxies) is basically an expression of God. yes? i.e Waheguru being both formless and of form.

Our souls are also, for lack of a better term, pieces for Waheguru trying to find their way back home.

What then differentiates our souls from the rest of the universe?

is there any difference? since both ARE God.

help?

Gursharan Singh

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !

I SUPPOSE BOTH ARE VAHEGURU BUT HAVE DIFFERENT PURPOSES, LIKE FOR E.G OUR SOULS PURPOSES IS TO GET BACK TO VAHEGURU BUT THEN OTHER STUFF LIKE SAY MONEY IS STILL GURU JI BUT THE PURPOSE OF THAT IS DIFFERENT.IE TO TAKE US AWAY FROM THE PATH OF VAHEGURU JI.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Think of it this way, well this part a good Christian teacher made me understand, and even Gurbani agrees with this i think...tell me if im wrong please.

That God is a expression of Love and God is basically Love, and God is full of love. God created us humans as a expression of His love. Think of it like this like a Husband and Wife who sincerly love each other... how do they express thier love? By having sex and having a child as a symbol of Love. So Just like that God is full of Love and to somehow express his love he made us.

And the planets etc are also a expression of his Love.

But the differnce is that we, humans our souls etc can understand and feel the Love of God.

But i guess the difference is the planets etc might not be able to understand Gods love.

Hope that helped.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

In my opinion this being we call God is expanding infinitely and we are extensions of God and help in the expansion of the universe(s) by living our lives as creators. Personally I do not believe the purpose is getting back to oneness with God because I feel we already are one, we just have to realise this. By realising this (non duality) and keeping in alignment with our Source, our lives will be joyful.

Its just a matter of perspective, check out this vid and click on "The Heart of the Youniverse" :

http://www.headless.org/English/movies.htm

BTW if you ask yourself "What am I?" during meditation you might notice that your mind gets out of the way quickly and awareness comes through more clearly.