Aarteee

sall

ohh and sumthin i 4got 2 add earlier...

AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL

DHAN DHAN GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE... Only he can anser your questions...

look at how great our GURU is!

WAHEGURU!

that summed it up! we shouldbe carefull when getting advice and rules from scholors and gursikhs/sants... it's better to go to the source - guru granth sahib ji d_oh.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Singh_jee

VAH VAH this guy! speaks the truth! GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE IS THE SOURCE BELIEVE HIM ONLY NOT ANY SCHOLARS OR RANDOM GUYS U MEET OF THE STREETS!!!!!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Kirtan Sohila will tell you what you need to know about this issue

The true Arti is the Sun/moon stars wind etc.

Waheguru already does arti. everyday/night

post-5391-1149805026.jpg

Aarti, that they start singing the shabad and waving a big fat taal in front of Guru Granth Sahib Ji just as the Brahmans did infront of idols when Guru Ji was invited to the Mandar in Jagan-naath.

I can thankfully say i have never seen this in practice at any of the Gurdwara's i've been at in the UK (I've been to many)

:TH:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa - Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

Just to add to Singh Jee's comments - whatever people do, why are we saying whether its good or bad? We dont have to go so over the top as to have so many posts all saying AARTI IS MANMAT!! If some people want to do Aarti that is their choice.

Sher Panjabi ji said once, and quoted Rehit Maryada, saying it has been decided by Akal Takht that it is manmat, answering the original question. What more was needed?

That doesn't mean we then have to all go pointing fingers and ranting about others choices.

If a sikh has decided to do something not as per Rehit then that is their choice. In this case, i am sure they made it as a concsious decision.

So why the need to start name-calling?

Of course i am often mistaken - i beg forgiveness if that is the case here.

I certainly don't follow rehit - just trying to spread good will.

Everyone please stay in chardikala.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa - Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

my 2 cents worth is that the sgpc rehit maryada is not worth the paper it is written on!!!! before all you pro rehit marayda police shhot me ask yourself, if jot is manmat like the rehit maryada says, why to this very day is there A JOT IN SRI DARBAR SAHIB AMRITSAR????????? these are puratan marayada that just cannot be changed to change with the times!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I see what you mean, but I look at the jot as like the jfk gravesite meaning Gods eternal fire that can never be put out.

post-5391-1149882913.jpg

Why is joat still there???

Ask Vedanti.

If you ask me, it is due to the fact that brahmanvaadees control Darbar Sahib. Also derawalas start crying.

It wasn't there before, it was brought back in after 84. Darbar Sahib maryada is not correct either.

E.g.

1. Bolay Sonihaal is not said there.

2. Darbar Sahib is given a bath with milk which could be used for other useful purposes.

3. Raaj Karega Khalsa isn't said there.

4. No katha is done there.

Why??

Due to fear from the govt. That is why.

Why is joat still there???

Ask Vedanti.

If you ask me, it is due to the fact that brahmanvaadees control Darbar Sahib. Also derawalas start crying.

It wasn't there before, it was brought back in after 84. Darbar Sahib maryada is not correct either.

E.g.

1. Bolay Sonihaal is not said there.

2. Darbar Sahib is given a bath with milk which could be used for other useful purposes.

3. Raaj Karega Khalsa isn't said there.

4. No katha is done there.

Why??

Due to fear from the govt. That is why.

I've heard from many people that katha isnt done in darbar sahib because the only thing that can be read there is anything from the Siri Guru Granth Sahib and nothing else. But rather there is a building on the side (when you enter) where you can state your views and do vichar on gurbani, but other than that, I think it seems alright if the akal takht says that only gurbani can be read inside Harmandir Sahib and nothing else....I dont know maybe I am wrong blush.gif Can someone please correct me or tell me if this is right.