Sikhs In The Square

rKr

Urgent notice for Birmingham sangat:

For the past 2 months myself, the Stage Secretary, SYCC, sikh youth, sangat from many Gurughar all over Birmingham and Sikh Fed (Birmngham) have been repeatedly encouraging the Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick President Malkit Johal to book several coaches for the Birmingham sangat- after persistent requests he has barely booked 1 coach. Please ring in to 0121 5582527 and let him know that the 1 coach will not be enough (lets not forget even the 4 coaches booked for the June event were not enough) and why is he causing the local sangat so much trouble

If the President continues to be stubborn then we have decided that as well as the Gurdwara's 1 coach we will bring 2 or 3 coaches ourselves and pay the costs of this (£450 per coach) so that EVERYONE that wishes to go CAN definetly attend the event

WE WANT EVERYONE POSSIBLE FROM BIRMINGHAM AREA TO GO SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ATTEND AT 9.30AM

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the President continues to be stubborn then we have decided that as well as the Gurdwara's 1 coach we will bring 2 or 3 coaches ourselves and pay the costs of this (£450 per coach) so that EVERYONE that wishes to go CAN definetly attend the event

131232[/snapback]

Thats the spirit - if everyone on the coach who can afford it chips in a few quids that should help cover some costs.

Lets show these useless committee members that they will not dampen our spirits and that we will continue in Chardi Kala.

Urgent notice for Birmingham sangat:

For the past 2 months myself, the Stage Secretary, SYCC, sikh youth, sangat from many Gurughar all over Birmingham and Sikh Fed (Birmngham) have been repeatedly encouraging the Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick President Malkit Johal to book several coaches for the Birmingham sangat- after persistent requests he has barely booked 1 coach. Please ring in to 0121 5582527 and let him know that the 1 coach will not be enough (lets not forget even the 4 coaches booked for the June event were not enough) and why is he causing the local sangat so much trouble

WE WANT EVERYONE POSSIBLE FROM BIRMINGHAM AREA TO GO SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ATTEND AT 9.30AM

131232[/snapback]

If you live in the Birmingham Area and wish to go to the Sikhs in the Square event then please ring 0121 558 2527 and politely request the President to book several coaches.

Be there and be a Square :-)

Excellent T-shirt design ppl - you'll love it. Please note that to help with the costs of organising this event that T-shirts will be for a 5 pound donation - sorry as much as we'd like to we can't afford to give them away.

See you all tmmr.

131222[/snapback]

Also look out for the buckets marked 'Campaign 84 Fund - Sikhs in the Square' in the Square.

This could be start of something big and different . . . .

Also look out for the buckets marked 'Campaign 84 Fund - Sikhs in the Square' in the Square. 

131255[/snapback]

You mean these buckets by any chance .....

post-2708-1131206706_thumb.jpg post-2708-1131206726_thumb.jpg

post-2708-1131206737_thumb.jpg post-2708-1131206769.jpg

You know - I really do have more important things to do than post pictures of balti's ;-)

(So erm - why aint I doing them!!)

Ooh - black and grey ones - what can it all mean ;-)

131255[/snapback]

You mean these buckets by any chance .....

post-2708-1131206706_thumb.jpg post-2708-1131206726_thumb.jpg

post-2708-1131206737_thumb.jpg post-2708-1131206769.jpg

You know - I really do have more important things to do than post pictures of balti's ;-)

(So erm - why aint I doing them!!)

Ooh - black and grey ones - what can it all mean ;-)

131262[/snapback]

Thanks for showing the keyboard and tape in the photos to judge the size of the buckets.

Hopefully, they'll be big enough for the many donations that will be made to pay for the many activities taking place in the Square.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Guru Roop, Guru Piari Khalsa Sadh Sangat Jio..

We have just got news in that Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick President Managing Committee Malkit Johal has refused to book more coaches.

He said you should have told us earlier, how much more time do they need they were told 2 months in advance, but Khalsa Ji i think Sikh Federation (UK) Birmingham Branch have organised 2 more coaches to go, which will be confirmed in ASAP.

Khalsa Ji the President of Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick Malkit Johal has been requested again and again and again to do more coaches and now he turns around and says "Should have told us in advance" what action should we take on this?

How much do you have to beg the "Mukh Sevadaar" for something for the PANTH & that he has taken oath on when taking Seva of the Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethiwick Managing Committee "I will put my Thaan Maann And Dhaan into seva for establishing Khalistan" this President dont even Parkash his Beard!!!!!! EVER!!

yet we at Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethiwick can spend £5000 giving to Sri Guru Singh Sabha Southall, And waste soooo much £100,000's in court cases on who's going to be President, 30 air freshners at £50 each which only cost about £10 each....but

Some corrupt MP (who has done nothing for the Panth)... gets £5,000

a Shaheeds mother, Shaheed Bhai Harjinder Singh Ji Jinda's Mata Ji only £101

Despite months of polite requests and having provided lists of sangat wishing to go i can confirm from the committee meeting President Malkit Johal has flatly refused to provide more than one 50-seater coach for the hundreds of sangat that have booked seats and others that will attend on the day...

Sikh Federation (Birmingham) have kindly stepped in to provide three extra 50-seater coaches for the Birmiongham Sangat as well as the 17-seater minibus from Tividale Gurdwara. They also provided well as over a thousand candles for the Candlelit vigil so i'd like to take the opportunity to thank them :TH:

Just to confirm we now have 4 coaches and a large minibus for tommorow so...

EVERYBODY WITH A CONSCIENCE IN BIRMINGHAM BE AT HIGH ST. SMETHWICK AT 9.30AM

:lol: