Sikhs In The Square

rKr

And now a benti - can who ever took my banner please give me it back!!!!

Thats's this one .....

post-2708-1131317560_thumb.jpg

I'm very attached to it. Well apart from now!

131518[/snapback]

SS Paji

I think it MIGHT be in Leicester :lol:

prob came back on our coach.

Will have a look for ya 2moro paji

Wicked day

Thanks to Waheguru JI :>

goodnite Y'all!

Wjkk Wjkfateh

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amorphous Paaj, I'm sure someone mentioned something about changing all the flags arounf Trafalger to Nishaan Saahibs... could it have been our very own Taksali Singh! - So I think next year, as well as the dastaars on the lions, we'll aim for that one too :lol:

Event was brilliant... To see, Sant Jee on the big screen at traf sq - amazing!

AND

To remember our shaheeds at such an event.. wow...

Everything was great, All the speakers, in particular the bibian, who put in so much effort and did so well... Roop Singh jee... well, it's Roop Singh Jee - not sure any more needs to be said...

And lets not forget the end speech...

THIS IS NOT THE END... THIS IS JUST THE START!!!!

Fantastic... to all those behind the scenes, may Maharaaj continue to bless you all with such seva, and may Moorakhs like me continue to learn off the likes of you...

PS:

Info about t-shirts will be up SOON!

Amorphous Paaj, I'm sure someone mentioned something about changing all the flags arounf Trafalger to Nishaan Saahibs... could it have been our very own Taksaali Singh! - So I think next year, as well as the dastaars on the lions, we'll aim for that one too :lol:

Event was brilliant... To see, Sant Jee on the big screen at traf sq - amazing!

AND

To remember our shaheeds at such an event.. wow...

Everything was great, All the speakers, in particular the bibian, who put in so much effort and did so well... Roop Singh jee... well, it's Roop Singh Jee - not sure any more needs to be said...

And lets not forget the end speech...

THIS IS NOT THE END... THIS IS JUST THE START!!!!

Fantastic... to all those behind the scenes, may Maharaaj continue to bless you all with such seva, and may Moorakhs like me continue to learn off the likes of you...

PS:

Info about t-shirts will be up SOON!

131523[/snapback]

Great work all round.

Thank you to EVERYONE.

Please watch the space to hear more about 'The 84 Campaign' and 'Project 2008'

The event and the candlelight vigil was wicked. d_oh.gif in memory of all the 1984 Shaheeds.

It was great seeing so many Singhs and Singhnia in the Square from all over the country.

Bhai Roop Singh's talk was just amazing, no words to describe it. One word was used to sum up the contributions of each of our Guru Sahib Jee for Sikhi. d_oh.gifd_oh.gif

All the speakers were great. :TH:

To finish off the event the video which was shown at the end - The Widows Colony was really emotional and sad. no.gif :'( :'(

A big big thank you to all the sewadars who have worked so hard over the last few weeks/months to make this event such a success.

May Guru Jee keep you all in Chardi Kala and may there be more events like this in the future.

Like rkr Bhenji said THIS IS NOT THE END... THIS IS JUST THE START!!!!

Waheguroo Waheguroo

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

It was a great event. I just want to thank all the organisers who put in such hard efforts and for making the event such a great success. The Square was packed, and despite the downpour of rain throughout, everyone stayed in high spirits.

It was great how it helped to raise Sikh awareness to Goras, not only English but many Europeans as well, who were all tourists in the Square. I was speaking to them as I handed out the postcards. They could nearly all remember the attack on Darbaar Sahib, and they said it was fantastic how we were working to keep the memory alive of those tragic events, and the many thousand innocents that died. They were very suppportive of the Sikh struggle to gain justice.

The fact that it was very nearly all conducted in English was another great thing, as it engaged the wider public. I agree that seeing the photos and videos of Sant Jarnail Singh on the big screen in the Square was just amazing. d_oh.gif

Also got the chance to meet some Sikh-Sangatees. :TH:

Waheguroo

Some wkd fotos Amorphous Singh :lol:

I was kinda occupied elsewhere all day - all credit goes to my member of my family - who I dumped my camera on ;-)

Bhai Roop Singh was by far, the highlight for me. He done his speech without "reading" from a script. It was bold. It was strong. It was powerful. He kicked off the event with a  buzz.

Totally. He turned up at the control room and we ripped a little piece of paper of my pad and he jotted down a few (very few) notes and with that he went out a few minutes later and totally lifted everyone with a most amazing speech. I feel so humbled to have seen such a professional in action. He really was the out of this world.

Amorphous Paaj, I'm sure someone mentioned something about changing all the flags arounf Trafalger to Nishaan Saahibs... could it have been our very own Taksali Singh! - So I think next year, as well as the dastaars on the lions, we'll aim for that one too :lol:

Fanastic seva by the 5 young Punj yesterday. Excellent Ardas - very well done. The way those jarkaree rang around the Sq was mazing - totally reverberated around the Sq.

I think we should sneak down the night before and do the Lion statues - Taksali SIngh - you up for it ;-)

All the speakers were great.  :TH:

For those who weren't there; the vast majority of the speakers were young female Sikhs. Each one was excellent.

To finish off the event the video which was shown at the end - The Widows Colony was really emotional and sad.  no.gif   :'(  :'(

That was the trailer - 13mins long. The full movie is 2 hours long. Sach Productions need financial help to finis this off - if you can help them financially pls do try. Their web site is http://www.sachproductions.org/index.php