Is Enough Being Done?

Wahegur ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Saadh Sangat ji

do u think that enough is being done to educat the youth. people are disrespecting Guru Ji and the are disrespecting Gurus kar i know that many young sikh societys have started throughout the UK no offense but more needs to be done

sorry if i have offeneded

bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru Ji ki fateh

post-3638-1129491867.jpg

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

I believe that the first teachers of a young child are the parents. If a child is brought up where the parents believe in Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee as their Guru and the children are taught as kids to respect Guru Jee and read Gurbani, then the children will grow up to respect Bani, and treat Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee as their living Guru Jee. The children wil have the "Nadar" of Guru Jee

But if the parents are not into Sikhi, know nothing about Guru Jee and Gurbani, then the youth cannot be blamed that they do not know about Guru Jee and do not respect Guru Jee. It is upto parents initially to teach the kids about Sikhi and respecting Guru Jee.

I think we all as individuals need to respect Guru Jee more as our living Guru.

The more sharda and prem we have for Guru Jee, the happier Guru Jee will be with us.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

:)

Im not sure if enough is being done, but at least something IS being done, and this trend of stopping beadbi is growing, which is great news.

we can all try to do something, wether its joining groups such as the respect for sri guru grant sahib campaighn, searching on the net or around local areas wher beadbi is being or going to be commited and informing groups about it, or at least just making all youth like freinds aware by TELLING THEM what is beadbi and what isnt.

i agree but thats what i mean hold more events for the youth at a local gurdwara whether its a questions and answer session or a kirtan programme whatever but there should be more but i agree at least something is being done but maybe not enough

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

One day, go to the Guruduara Sahib, grab a bunch of kids, sit them down..

and talk.

Ask them what they see in Sikhi and why they are in it, or why they are not in it.

Ask them what they see as respect/disrespect.

Bring up Saakhis and things they never heard of before, or anything, something that's rare, or sure to catch their attention.

Attempts to educate the youth don't always have to be on a national level. Sometimes, the youth just need someone who's willing to listen, and give them a shot, rather than straight up tell them that they're not Sikhs, or they're being disrespectful, etc.

We need to show them what they'll gain from Sikhi - by living behind the material lives they lead. I mean, think about it - no one wants to do something that they won't benefit from in any way.

Take the time to treat the youth like your friends. Make discussion groups, help them to feel involved with greater things - it works.

bhull chuk maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaavaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!!!!!!!

vaaheguroojeee,

thanks for your post. i agree with you.

but i think we should think about what kaarajs have been started by gurmukh pyare throughout the world and do we give them the support that they need. many of us in the sikh community have habit of reinventing the wheel because we don't want to help the other party due to politics.

i will give three examples but there are actually many many examples.

now look at UNITED SIKHS. overall it is a far more efficient organization than many out there. they did seva after the tsunami in south asia, they did seva in new orleans, they are doing seva in pakistan. they started the womens seva campaign, they started the right to turban campaign in france, and they are doing camps in punjab. you should support this group by doing seva with them and making their work more effective. (unitedsikhs.org)

then look at Bibi Simarjit kaur ji who wrote Saffron Salvation. that book is such an amazing book and such an amazing inspiration to thousands of people. now her book is not even known by many youth and whatever young people read it they will understand what happened in 1984 to the sikh community. Now Bibi Simarjit Kaur ji is in India and she is doing seva with a group called Taran which helps poor people. They are doing real seva there. You should support this organization. (taran-web.org)

Look at Dr. Sukhpreet Singh Udhoke and his group GURSIKH and Shahbaaz Khalsa. They are doing real work in India to combat against the anti-panthic forces and create global education about the Sikh heritage and scriptures. They made such an amazing video Jabhe Baan Laagiyo and they are working on many projects like that. They can use support of the sangat to be stronger and do more parchar and seva.

There are organizations like this around the world that are doing real seva to help the youth. Khalsa Camp UK, Gur Aasra Trust, Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, Guru Nanak Academy, Gurmat Studies Foundation, Khalsa Aid, and so many more.

These organizations are started by Gursikhs and Gursikhs are doing seva from their heart in these organizations to help the youth.

If we support them and help them to grow then we can get more done.

just my opinion

please forgive my mistakes

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh !!!!!!!!!