Sikglikar Sikh In India

jagsinrags

Satsriakal _/\_

Dear Sangat,

A few days back, I read the news about Sikglikar Sikh in south of India here on Sikh Sangat. But the exact picture of these Sikhs is very bad. They are very poor people and do menial work here in south India. Here I am attaching a few pictures of these poor Sikhs. Their houses got washed away with rains some weeks back when there were heavy rains happening in Bombay.

I took these pictures from the notice board of Ulsoor Gurdwara Saab, Bangalore yesterday. These people need our help in terms of education of their children and learning skills so that they can live a respectable life like most of us. Some of their children do kirtan on the Sunday diwan's. Gurdwara Saab has also started a school for their children but they need more support. They provide these children langar and anyone can sponsor a day's meals of these children with Indian Rs 1100.

This school has got the permissions till 8th standard. They need more space & funds for class room building.

I felt like sharing this information with Sikh Sangat world wide so that people may come forward to help Sikhs in need.

pull chuk maff karni ji !!

Regards n Satsriakal

_/\_

post-1838-1129548798_thumb.jpg

post-1838-1129548817_thumb.jpg

post-1838-1129548840_thumb.jpg

post-1838-1129548853_thumb.jpg

post-1838-1129548866_thumb.jpg

post-1838-1129548883_thumb.jpg

post-1838-1129548895_thumb.jpg

post-1838-1129548910_thumb.jpg

post-1838-1129548923_thumb.jpg

post-1838-1129548936_thumb.jpg

Satsriakal _/\_

Dear Sangat,

A few days back, I read the news about Sikglikar Sikh in south of India here on Sikh Sangat. But the exact picture of these Sikhs is very bad. They are very poor people and do menial work here in south India. Here I am attaching a few pictures of these poor Sikhs. Their houses got washed away with rains some weeks back when there were heavy rains happening in Bombay.

I took these pictures from the notice board of Ulsoor Gurdwara Saab, Bangalore yesterday. These people need our help in terms of education of their children and learning skills so that they can live a respectable life like most of us. Some of their children do kirtan on the Sunday diwan's. Gurdwara Saab has also started a school for their children but they need more support. They provide these children langar and anyone can sponsor a day's meals of these children with Indian Rs 1100.

This school has got the permissions till 8th standard. They need more space & funds for class room building.

I felt like sharing this information with Sikh Sangat world wide so that people may come forward to help Sikhs in need.

pull chuk maff karni ji !!

Regards n Satsriakal

_/\_

126638[/snapback]

yes bro ur right

they are the one who faced the most in the carnage of DELHI SIKH RIOTS 1984

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Penji even if your right, dont worry,

Everthing happens under Gods will

This thier test aswell as ours, to test how good sikhs they are.

And how much faith they really have in God

And the ppl converting other ppl, you think thier doing any good to themselfs?

How they going to face God after?

What they going to say to God?

Converting ppl to thier faith is only a mission for ppl of weak faith in thier religion, because it shows that they want thier religious group to dominate.

But if they got strong faith in thier religion, why would they want thier religion to dominate coz in thier heart thier faith will dominate them anyway.

Coz if they realy was doing/converting ppl for the only purpose to help them ppl they would ONLY preach Christianity not convert them to christianity. And Sikhism has got all the shakti and wisdom to give to Sikhs that christianity has.

If the missionaries still dont understand even after us warning them that its wrong to convert ppl who already got a faith, then God help them.

By the way theres a difference between converting and preaching:

Converting- shows that you want them to have the name e.g. Christian, so that thier will be a higher number of you's, even though they dont even understand the basic concepts and ideas of Christianity

Preaching- is when you want to help people, through Gods word, to give them wisdom, which will help them in thier lifes to feel better etc.

But converting them just says clearly that they dont care to benefit others just to have a larger group.

Converting someone if they already got a faith, is very bad.

Because they would realise there is only one God, one differnce does it matter if they praise God in one religion or the other?

And the only people they should preach to is to who havent got wisdom to ppl who aint got a faith.

N personally i wouldnet even call them true christians.

Advice- dont think all the christians are like that, coz there are really good Christians out there who would disagree with whats happening out there.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

It would be good if Sikhsangat could form some sort of online relationship with Sikh charities that are working with Sikligars. Maybe Jagsinrags Bhaji could liaise between them as he is in the area. If you can set some system for donations then you are definatelt count me in.

I remember a few years ago that Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council along with Karnataka Sikh Society started a project to build some houses for Sikligars. They needed something like 50 Lakh and yet it took so many years to get that amount but as we know if some Baba was asking for donations to build another Gurdwara people would collect that amount within weeks and not years. Same goes for the recent earthquake, SGPC, DSGMC and various other organisations can get lakhs for relief but SGPC cannot even contribute a few lakhs for the Sikligars. There is nothing wrong with collecting for relief for earthquake but when you're own people are in need then at least the same organisations such as Khalsa Aid, United Sikhs should do something for Sikligars.

As it is making houses for the Sikligars is a good cause but an even better idea would be to provide houses in Punjab for them so that they can resettle there.

It would be good if Sikhsangat could form some sort of online relationship with Sikh charities that are working with Sikligars. Maybe Jagsinrags Bhaji could liaise between them as he is in the area. If you can set some system for donations then you are definatelt count me in.

I remember a few years ago that Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council along with Karnataka Sikh Society started a project to build some houses for Sikligars. They needed something like 50 Lakh and yet it took so many years to get that amount but as we know if some Baba was asking for donations to build another Gurdwara people would collect that amount within weeks and not years. Same goes for the recent earthquake, SGPC, DSGMC and various other organisations can get lakhs for relief but SGPC cannot even contribute a few lakhs for the Sikligars. There is nothing wrong with collecting for relief for earthquake but when you're own people are in need then at least the same organisations such as Khalsa Aid, United Sikhs should do something for Sikligars.

As it is making houses for the Sikligars is a good cause but an even better idea would be to provide houses in Punjab for them so that they can resettle there.

126709[/snapback]

Do you think they would want to settle in Punjab ? They have lived in southern india for a long time. Going to Punjab would be like an alien environment for them (like trying to settle eskimos in Hawai).

They need houses and that is what we should be contributing to. Once they get decent housing, progression will come as children get a better environment to do homework and study.

These Sikhs have been forgotten by the whole Sikh quam (apart from a few initiatives including one a few years back when an NRI made a liberal donation to help these Sikhs). It is a shame that none of the so called "Sant" who collect huge donations when on tour in Canada and the UK have bothered to help these Sikhs. I wonder if Guru Gobind Singh Ji wants more dere in Punjab or having these socially and economically weak Sikhs uplifted and given a fair chance of bettering themselves.

Maybe if someone has links with the Guru Gobind Singh Ji NRI Trust in the UK they could enquire whther they would be willing to undertake a project to build housing for these Sikhs. They did a fine job of building the new serai at Hazur Sahib and are managing it very well (its a shame the same cannot be said of the other serai projects initiated by so called kar seva baba or the SGPC).