Sikhs In Pakistan Need Our Help

sikh supreme

im just wondering if we should do to others, what others do to us? Is that really the "Sikh" way? Should we not show unconditional pyaar to these people, who we do not know, in their time of need and not judge them according to religion?

I understand your opinion, don't get me wrong. And i feel for all of the victims, regardless of their religious beliefs. You could be going out of your way to help someone who is a Sikh in that vicinity, but could be a rapist or murderer or something whereas if you hadnt had gone out of your way and helped everybody who you met on your path to get to that person, you might have helped someone who deserved it more.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe our Guru Jee's taught us to look beyond the fact one is hindu or muslim. I believe everyone is equal. Treat whites and blacks like your brothers and sisters. Its easy to steretype and say "they dont help us" but i dont believe in "they" or "us". See everyone as individual and unique as these are precious gifts Guru Jee has given us.

d_oh.gifd_oh.gif

I totally agree with you SScom. Just reminds me of Bhai Kaniya who gave aid and comfort to Muslims in the battlefied, because he saw Guru Jee in Muslims as well as in the sikhs.

It's a question of priorities. Due to the situation that Sikhs find themselves in, they will be double victims. Firstly by the earthquake and secondly by the discriminatory attitude of the govt relief agencies. Maybe we should say they will be thrice victims, thirdly by fellow Sikhs who believe that Sikh agencies should not make the Sikh victims a priority

----------

Akali Dal(M) accuses JK govt of inadequate relief to Sikhs

Srinagar: The Shiromani Akali Dal (Mann) today accused the Mufti Mohammad Sayeed government in Jammu and Kashmir of ''ignoring'' Sikhs in relief distribution in quake-hit areas.

''The minority Sikh community is being ignored while relief distribution in Kashmir's quake-affected areas.... Villages inhabited by Sikhs are being singled out,'' Shiromani Akali Dal (Mann) president Simranjit Singh Mann told a press conference here.

He appealed to the government to treat all the communities at par and provide adequate relief to all the survivors.

Mr Mann also expressed concern over foreign aid agencies not being allowed to visit Jammu and Kashmir.

A five-page memorandum in this regard was submitted to Jammu and Kashmir Governor Lt Gen (Retd) S K Sinha on behalf of the Shiromani Akali Dal (Mann) after several teams of the party visited the quake-hit areas of north Kashmir.

128154[/snapback]

I Totally agree...

some members are still living with rose tinted glasses on and need to come into the real world. Sikhs are not treated equally by other communities they are being left to fend for themselves... its disgusting when our own people say we should look out for all when the priorioties should be helping our people first to ensure their safety their secruity their well being before we look out for others.

some members are still living with rose tinted glasses on and need to come into the real world. Sikhs are not treated equally by other communities they are being left to fend for themselves... its disgusting when our own people say we should look out for all when the priorioties should be helping our people first to ensure their safety their secruity their well being before we look out for others.

Again, i understand your p.o.v. but it does annoy me when people say "this is the real world". I already know the world we live in - its a dark one. And the Sikhiaa, Guru Jee has blessed me with personally, aims to lighten this dark world up. I dont wanna accept the darkness coz i dont have to. The way out is enlightenment. And i will go by what Guru Jee has taught me - compassion and love for all... EQUALLY.

Not saying YOU have to. But as stated before... thats our (mine and my Guru Ji's) opinion pray.gif

Firstly by the earthquake and secondly by the discriminatory attitude of the govt relief agencies.

Regarding this subject, its not the victims' fault nor is it in their control that they are a: hit by a natural disaster and b: some other aid organisations are only supporting their own. Remember the scale of people affected by this ... MILLIONS.

I know at a wedding you know when people give money or "pyaar" to the girl and boy, well yesterday Sunday 23rd October 2005 it was Daljit Singh Shergill's (former President of Guru Nanak Gurdwara High St in Smethwick and President of the National Council Of Gurdwaras) his nieces wedding and all the money that was given to the boy and girl around £2,500 - £3,000 will be sent to the earthquake appeal.

This was also done, at Daljit singh Shergill's own daughters wedding, when the main building of Guru Nanak Gurdwara High Street Smethwick was being built but when the centre of the middle building was demolished the Gurdwara only had £40,000, around 1994 which was nothing as the builders wanted that to take away the demolished building, so the then Mukh Sevadaar Daljit Singh Shergill did the same the money that was given to the girl and boy at the wedding was put straight into the golak, the then General Secretary Harbhajan Singh Sandhu also did the same at his daughters wedding.

I think this should be done in ALL weddings and at other occasions at times like this, because remember our prayer everyday.... "NANAK NAAM CHARDI KALA... TERE BHANEE SARBAT DA BHALLA..."

And its a Sikhs duty to carry out Sarbat Da Bhalla.

Again, i understand your p.o.v. but it does annoy me when people say "this is the real world". I already know the world we live in - its a dark one. And the Sikhiaa, Guru Jee has blessed me with personally, aims to lighten this dark world up. I dont wanna accept the darkness coz i dont have to. The way out is enlightenment. And i will go by what Guru Jee has taught me - compassion and love for all... EQUALLY.

Not saying YOU have to. But as stated before... thats our (mine and my Guru Ji's) opinion pray.gif

128197[/snapback]

I understand your sentiments and more power to you for looking out for all humanity the way it should be but I however tend to look out for Sikhs when no one else is looking out for them because what point is them being Sikh if their brothers and sisters of the panth rather use their resources somewhere else than help them.

I know at a wedding you know when people give money or "pyaar" to the girl and boy, well yesterday Sunday 23rd October 2005 it was Daljit Singh Shergill's (former President of Guru Nanak Gurdwara High St in Smethwick and President of the National Council Of Gurdwaras) his nieces wedding and all the money that was given to the boy and girl around £2,500 - £3,000 will be sent to the earthquake appeal.

This was also done, at Daljit singh Shergill's own daughters wedding, when the main building of Guru Nanak Gurdwara High Street Smethwick was being built but when the centre of the middle building was demolished the Gurdwara only had £40,000, around 1994 which was nothing as the builders wanted that to take away the demolished building, so the then Mukh Sevadaar Daljit Singh Shergill did the same the money that was given to the girl and boy at the wedding was put straight into the golak, the then General Secretary Harbhajan Singh Sandhu also did the same at his daughters wedding.

I think this should be done in ALL weddings and at other occasions at times like this, because remember our prayer everyday.... "NANAK NAAM CHARDI KALA... TERE BHANEE SARBAT DA BHALLA..."

And its a Sikhs duty to carry out Sarbat Da Bhalla.

128203[/snapback]

"NANAK NAAM CHARDI KALA... TERE BHANEE SARBAT DA BHALLA..." I second that pray.gif

we say all the time "Sikhi is a faith; not a religion"... Guru Nanak Dev Jee chose to support Hinduism and Islam together as equals and treated muslims and hindus like his brothers and sisters. Not saying we are Guru Nanak Dev Jee in His entireity, but i believe Guru Jee set an example for us to follow.

Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Jee.

VJKK VJKF