Kes Keski

thats not a compromise... thats basically just restating keski as a kakkar... 'cause OBVIOUSLY if u have keski as the kakar then u gonna have to keep kes anywayz...

in this situation.. its either kes OR keski... u can't play around wit the words...

IMHO...kes is a MUST... keski should be stressed as well.. but... is not a must... but i feel if men are to wear it, women should be too... i mean women wanna talk equality... le's start wit that.. :)

thats not a compromise... thats basically just restating keski as a kakkar... 'cause OBVIOUSLY if u have keski as the kakar then u gonna have to keep kes anywayz...

in this situation.. its either kes OR keski... u can't play around wit the words...

IMHO...kes is a MUST... keski should be stressed as well.. but... is not a must... but i feel if men are to wear it, women should be too... i mean women wanna talk equality... le's start wit that.. :)

128592[/snapback]

YOU COPIER!!! THATS WHAT I JUST SAID!! lol

wjkk wjkf

pyare khalsa jeo

If we see our history then keski is a kakkaar. Women have equal rights as men.

that means keski and dastaar is one and the same thing.

But I personally think women are afraid of Keski.

Women have bacome coward. 

Now we are under the influence of hindu society.

That is why if some people are happy with the term Kes with Keski.

We should not mind because ultimately truth will have to come out.

Moreover I think again after  some years when our cowardness will be finished.

We will come forward to say KESKI IS OUR RIGHT.

Now we donot have much knowledge of sikhi but our VALI VARIS GURU GOBIND SINGH WILL TAKE CARE OF US .HE WILL TEACH US SIKHI.

128591[/snapback]

I think you're breaking the rules- you're not allowed to discuss whether keski or kesh is kakkar on this forum, or so I understand.

this is a ridiculous thread...the compromise is no compromise at all...it's pathetic...people should just drop these issues...follow what akal takt has said..and thats it...if you wanna follow something ...great...don't expect everyone else to agree with you and FORCE your beliefs on others...that is what this "compromise" is doing...it's FORCING people to believe whatever ONE group wants....

this is a ridiculous thread...the compromise is no compromise at all...it's pathetic...people should just drop these issues...follow what akal takt has said..and thats it...if you wanna follow something ...great...don't expect everyone else to agree with you and FORCE your beliefs on others...that is what this "compromise" is doing...it's FORCING people to believe whatever ONE group wants....

128601[/snapback]

Well said, lol, but you've got to love the innocence and naiievity of the approach. They accidentally made a compromise which forwarded the belief that keski is essential. People should believe what they wish, and in the scenario described, it is acceptable that the kesh camp were made to change their minds by the keski camp, who were obviously by far the smarter, as the compromise shows.

However, the rule they created just simply cannot be universalised, as it is an absolute farce when suggested to be a compromise

This compromise is good to bring all sides together but it will only work until Khalsa Raj is established. Once Akal Takhat Sahib starts to rule only one rehat will stay so both sides will have to sit down and sort it out. In a long run this is a good solution because this way RSS and agents cannot start a conflict between Sikh jathas. As long as we are open minded and tolerant of other versions of rehat we can find all the solutions. When we reduce it to "i am right you are wrong" we will start fighting which would only help the government. we should keep in mind that there can be only one kakkar either kes or keski. hope I make some sense. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I think Guru Dasmesh has not authorised us to sit in judgment and redefine kakars. The controversy that has been generated over the issue can not be settled in such a simple way. Let hypothetically, we agree that Keski is a kakar or for that matter keski with kes or kes with keski, what shall be the fate of other 'romes', those romes that need not be covered. What about eye brows or other facials. we sahll be opening a pandora's box or a plathora of controversies.

Before passing any comments, suggesting solutions or sitting in judgment we must visualise all such issues that may creep up into the matter

Jagjit Singh

no1 is forcing anything on anybody, its just an idea n i just wanted to know wut the sangat thought.

Bhull CHaak Maph