I Can Never Fall Asleep Properly, What Can Be Done

Simran9

I can seriously NEVER fall asleep no.gif . I'll get in bed and for the next 3 or 4 hours I'll be thinking about all this crapp and dumb stuff: stuff I did that day, stuff I thought about that day, stuff I said that day, and other stress factors about life like marriage :lol: .....and so my brain won't fricken SHUT UP and go to sleep :umm: @ . Its so hard to clear my mind so it relaxes. It keeps on thinking about stuff repeatedly. Once in a while I don't fall asleep until 6AM and I usually get up at 7AM (yeh...me not amritdhari, not a nitnemi person :umm: ).

so i need help, need your suggestions on what I should do. I had ppl tell me to do paath before sleeping, do simran, drink warm milk before sleeping, do exercise during the day.......is there anything else someone has tried that worked for them? I did good the first 2 days when I tried some of this then on the third day I lost concentration on it and I"m back to same old sleepless nites. pray.gif

thanks in advance!

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

For starters i would suggest dont eat after 7:00pm, lol i dont think your ment to eat after that time in general, coz of digestion but i think it might help your brain from thinking too much.

The second thing is i would say do paath as youve already mentioned above

After paath wen you wanna go to asleep i would suggest you do this:

LOL i think its some sort of yoga but anyway, here it goes:

Sit cross legged

and and focus on the tip of your nose

and picture satnam (writing) on the tip of your nose

breath in and out in four parts

repeating SA-TA-NA-MA

If you get what i mean

And keep on repeting this and soon youll get tired

N if it dont get you tied wiv da light off switch it off n do it.

N it will beefit you both ways, coz your focusing on the naam anyway

N lastly sister: (copied n pasted this, just found it, but i found out this out ages ago but i couldnt remeber which nostril makes you sleep better, n i couldnt remeber the site so i found this other site n cpoied n pasted from their):

According to yoga, sleeping on your right side (stimulates left nostril breathing which is cooling) is more soothing - hence, fewer vivid dreams. Sleeping on the left side (stimulates right nostril breathing which is energizing) is more active - hence more vivid dreams

So basicly sister sleep on your right hand side.

Hope this helped.

(Hope it wasnt to0 long n boring to read!- It happens all the time i cant stop writing reems n reems.)

Sister just found this after seraching on google:

go on this link it will hopefully help u:

http://www.mamashealth.com/btsleep.asp

N jus copied n pasted this off anoter site and it might help:

from this site: http://www.doctoryourself.com/sleep.html

-but not too sure if info is reliable or not so if you do try to take more of this stuff ask someone professional before coz you dont wanna be taking something wrong.

Get more L-tryptophan in your diet. L-tryptophan is one of the essential amino acids that your body uses to make neurotransmitters such as serotonin and melatonin. These neurotransmitters are chemical nerve messengers that help your brain to shut down for the night... and be fully awake during the day. Seafood, chicken, milk, cheese, yogurt, beans and cashews are foods that are high in L-tryptophan foods. More of the L-tryptophan in dairy products gets to your brain when you have a carbohydrate along with it. That's why cheese and crackers, or milk and a whole-grain cookie are good bedtime snacks.

If L-tryptophan is taken as a nutritional sleep-aid, the target dose is around 1,000 to 1,500 mg, taken a couple of hours before bedtime. I think the supplement is too expensive, and prefer food sources. I mean, you have to eat anyway, right?

I jus thought that if your worrying then you dont get asleep at night.

So dont worry about anything, Waheguru will protect you all the way.

N if you worry about anything, tell someone the problem that your worrying about, this will help relief the burdun or problem off your mind.

N if you dont want to tell anyone, go to gupt section n discuss it there anomolysiouly! (soz dont know the spelling)

Bhenji why dont you try putting some simran on before you go to sleep so you think about Waheguroo Waheguroo Waheguroo Waheguroo and nothin else...

Don't worry about the things you have mentioned.. Guru Jee will take care of everything.

nwnk nwim rqy sdw Andu hY hir imilAw kwrj swry ]4]1]6]

naanak naam rathae sadhaa anadh hai har miliaa kaaraj saarae ||4||1||6||

O Nanak, imbued with the Naam, we are in bliss forever; meeting the Lord, our affairs are resolved. ||4||1||6||

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

10 Ways 4 the Restless 2 Fall Asleep

(some of these are things that work for me... others are things I just made up :umm: )

1. Put the fan on. Actually, don't do that, it wastes energy, just open the window a bit and let the fresh, cool air from outside make your room nice and chilly. That way it's alot easier to snuggle into your big warm comforter and fall asleep.

2. Do Keertan Sohila and Ardaas before bed. It helps clear the mind of useless thoughts, and it calms you down.

3. Put on some music during bedtime! Sikhnet.com's music club has some AMAZING cd's that are really peaceful and beautiful, you should definitely(sp?) check them out. I'll try to find the link for you.

4. Sit in bed and read a book for a while, and when your eyes start to droop just turn off the lamp and go to sleep. Worked for me.

5. Ummm..... running out of ideas.... how about you go for a jog, tire yourself out or something before bed?? I dunno, could work.

6. Get a teddy bear. Honestly, it helps. blush.gif

7. um, um, um, um, COUNT SHEEP!! (I know, I know, someone already suggested that). OR you could put up some glow in the dark stars on your ceiling and count those.

8. CHANGE YOUR BEDTIME. Yes, that would probably help. You could go to sleep later when you'll be more tired, or you could wake up earlier so you'll be tired when bedtime does come! Plus waking up early will give you time for that Nitnem!

9. Do something calm before you are about to go to sleep. Clear your thoughts.

10. I'm sorry, I know I said 10 ways to fall asleep, but I'm all out of ideas! But good luck anyways, and I wish you a good nights sleep!

:lol:

hmmm....heres all the things i do WRONG:

1/ We have dinner at 8:30pm.....first reason is that my mom is slow with getting dinner ready :lol: , and second reason my classes this semester are in the evening sorta so I dont' get home till 7:30 at the earliest.

2/I have glow in the dark stars on my ceiling. I'll be awake so long that stars stop glowing. I remember few times I even turned my light on for a few seconds to energize the stars back into glowing :umm:

3/ If I read a book from around 9ish for a few hours then my eyes get tired and I get sleepy...so I'll hit the bed at 1 or 2am. But rgiht now I have no book to read...

4/ I usually study or do some homework after dinner. So that starts at 9:30 till 12:30 am at maximum...so yeh I sleep really late!

5/ Some ideas work for me but after I've tried it up to 3 times then it doesn't work anymore :umm: ...the effect wears off and I lose my focus.