Subway Yes Or No

Kumi2

also to let the sangat know that the spicy bean burger at burger king contains egg. so does the maccies veggie grill burger, but th original veggie burger that maccies does is ok (i think grin.gif )

132646[/snapback]

Once again are they unfertilised eggs ?

Also how do you know they keep sutchem when handling the food. I have never seen anyone in maccies keeping sutchem. They touch meat products and veggie ones with the same hands. I bet they even fry the veggie stuff in the same oil as the meat products.

If you are particular about sutchem and being a veggie then dont eat out. But if you are going to eat out then stop pretending you are sticking to sutchem by only eating an original veggie burger.

Its not too hard to cook your own food. Plus who wants to eat that $hit they make in them fast food places. Over the years they have found all sorts of rubbish in the burgers these places sell, this includes rats tails in burgers and even excrement in burgers. So unless you like eating excrement I would not go near these fast food places.

132649[/snapback]

i dunno if they are unfertilised or not. but ain't all eggs the same regardless..

i don't know if they do keep sucham but most of the time at fast food places you can actually see them making the food and if you tell them of your specific preferences then they are almost always compliant. as for maccies which one have you visited. grin.gif i used to work at maccies and we always used to fry veggie patties in separate oil and use gloves for hygeine and to respect religious sentiments. so again original veggie burgers are ok (in my opinion)

i'm not amritdhari YET but i try to be careful with what i eat in regard to sucham.

and you're right, it's not too hard too make food at home, but saying that not everyone sees food at fast food outlets as sh$t. :e: also if that were the case then even eating at home is not ok. ie how do know the tildi basmati rice you have to eat was treated with strictest sucham before before packaged. where do you draw the line?

and as for finding allsorts in food, again what kind of places have you been to or heard of lolz. i think it's abit of a generalisation to talk about extrement in food, though i'm not denying that it's ever happened. i just doubt its a common occurance. but usually places with poor hygiene standards are known to the public.

thank god for environmental standards agency pray.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also to let the sangat know that the spicy bean burger at burger king contains egg. so does the maccies veggie grill burger, but th original veggie burger that maccies does is ok (i think grin.gif )

132646[/snapback]

Once again are they unfertilised eggs ?

Also how do you know they keep sutchem when handling the food. I have never seen anyone in maccies keeping sutchem. They touch meat products and veggie ones with the same hands. I bet they even fry the veggie stuff in the same oil as the meat products.

If you are particular about sutchem and being a veggie then dont eat out. But if you are going to eat out then stop pretending you are sticking to sutchem by only eating an original veggie burger.

Its not too hard to cook your own food. Plus who wants to eat that $hit they make in them fast food places. Over the years they have found all sorts of rubbish in the burgers these places sell, this includes rats tails in burgers and even excrement in burgers. So unless you like eating excrement I would not go near these fast food places.

132649[/snapback]

i dunno if they are unfertilised or not. but ain't all eggs the same regardless..

i don't know if they do keep sucham but most of the time at fast food places you can actually see them making the food and if you tell them of your specific preferences then they are almost always compliant. as for maccies which one have you visited. grin.gif i used to work at maccies and we always used to fry veggie patties in separate oil and use gloves for hygeine and to respect religious sentiments. so again original veggie burgers are ok (in my opinion)

i'm not amritdhari YET but i try to be careful with what i eat in regard to sucham.

and you're right, it's not too hard too make food at home, but saying that not everyone sees food at fast food outlets as sh$t. :e: also if that were the case then even eating at home is not ok. ie how do know the tildi basmati rice you have to eat was treated with strictest sucham before before packaged. where do you draw the line?

and as for finding allsorts in food, again what kind of places have you been to or heard of lolz. i think it's abit of a generalisation to talk about extrement in food, though i'm not denying that it's ever happened. i just doubt its a common occurance. but usually places with poor hygiene standards are known to the public.

thank god for environmental standards agency pray.gif

132838[/snapback]

Na eggs are not all the same. This is a common mistake apne people make whilst they are happily consuming milk produced in disgusting dairy farms.

Excrement was actually found in a maccies burger as was the rats tail. So there you go. These are not old wives tales but actual items found in maccies. If you do a search in google you may even find details of the cases.

I guess they must have been super clean at the maccies you worked at. I would never eat the $hit they cook. I would rather eat dry fruit than eat that stuff full of grease and all sorts of other $hit that is bad for you. Plus we all know how they treat cattle before they become beef burgers.

er...why is anyone getting stressed over another for avoiding halal as a non amritdhari?

I think its great that this person was not amritdhari but still did not have halal cos he was stepping towards become a true sikh of Guru Ji.

ANyways halal way isnt healthy, obviously we all know abt how the animal's fear at death affects us when we eat that food.

Milk: It was used by the Sikh Gurus. If in modern times the cows are treated badly then it is wrong. I and many other Singhs drink organic which is certified. The cows are treated humanely and have to have access to open pasture, etc.

Milk is a food product. Herbivores drink milk.

Eggs: This is not a food product. It is not meant to be eaten. No herbivore eats eggs. Only meat-eating creatures steal eggs and eat them.

kurtas said "Unfertilsed eggs - a chicken also produces eggs every month or so. this is a natural process of the chickens body and is not the result of breeding. these eggs do not hatch as they do not contain the male sperm."

Human women do the same thing. It's like wanting or chosing to eat the equivalent.

Sound good to you?

Guest vikramkhalsa

excerpt from "Man ought neither eat meat nor use intoxicants"

by Dr. Santokh Singh:

The yolk of an eggis the single greatest source of dietary cholesterol, a major cause of hypertension and heart disease. Eggs are just like meat in that they have the potential to become animals themselves. It is a different matter that they may not be fertilized. Moreover, why should one eat eggs that come out of the excretory organ of a hen? How many would like to eat eggs if they pondered over this fact? To some, it may seem obscene and unpleasant to talk of this. But, if just talking about this is so unpleasant, then is it not strange that people do not feel uncomfortable and repelled when they actually eat this product that comes out of the hen's excretory organs?

also..

Despite the fact that certain products used to make the actual sandwiches at Subway restaurants and/or other similar restaurants are OK for Amritdhaari Sikhs to consume, we must take into consideration the amount of sucham kept while preparing the customers's foods.

Notice at Subway restaurants that, although the employees may change their gloves for each different sandwich, for one non-veg. sandwich, they put their gloved hands into the containers that hold pieces of meat, and the very same gloved hand into the container of specific vegetables.

When preparing the next sandwich, they do not use fresh vegetables - they don brand-new, clean gloves, and pick up the vegetables from the container into which they had previously put those gloved hands that had touched meat.

Beware - all is not as simple, safe, or clean as it seems. The world has not made it easy for Amritdhaaris to dine out of the house and/or Guruduara Sahib.

It is best to cook and eat your own food, or that made in Guru Ji da langar.

Bhul Chuk Maff..

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Well to me i cant understand what the issue for????? Nobody klnows wat is going behind close doors of a cafe, or a eating shop... I am in a place where people eat nonveg all the time if u eat from outside. So what i am doing is i am cooking myself. Now the second reason comes, when i go to some research trip etc i cant take my food with me there, so i have to eat from outside coz there is no option from you. tehre it hardly matters what kinda of food it is...

if u talk of vegetarian and non vegetarian nothing is vegetarian.... every thing even water has germs bacterias etc... arnt you eating them when u drink it.... stop pretending of anything..... stop eating everything and find of vegetarian stuff....

The solution lies here.... keep yourswelf pure from inside, food hardly going to make you sinner as you are a part of food chain and there is no escape... my pointis make urself clean from inside and follow rehat from inside which takes u close to ur guru not following outside and staying sinner from inside

FATEH

wow… someone knows a lot abt the reproductive system….  :lol:

133879[/snapback]

-- unfortunately had to dissect the poor hen... and learn all that stuff, a sad but puke encouraging scene.

after that, several of my classmates became VEGANS! let alone Vegetarians...

so those who really LOVE eating eggs, :umm:

133888[/snapback]

eww... thts just nasty....... no.gif