Questions People Ask You?

UntitledSingh

To Navdeep Kaur,

Although im not fully aware of the entire convo, this is the impression that i got......

Im sure that girl that you conversed with meant no harm to you or your faith (she just didn't know how things are).

She meant well for you and you badgered her ways and insulted them (thats ignorance...even if she showed it towards you, you should not have reciprocated). You did not handle that in a SIKHLY fashion.

you can look like a sikh your entire life but until you learn to get rid of some type of hate you have built inside you (that of most probably intolerance), practicing sikhi is quite useless and degrading to image of other sikhs.

well anyways, I apologize if my constructive criticsm came off as too strong, dont take any of it to heart.

Toodles.

134840[/snapback]

Bro your entire post is based on assumption. Firstly, u say that the other girl meant well for Navdeep Bhenji, on what did u base that?

How is making statements to someone like oh u have a unibrow, that you will look much prettier if you pluck it (implying she doesnt look as beautiful as now) taken to be as support of her not meaning harm? In fact such comments are directly insulting not only to the person but their faith. Now granted, perhaps she did not have knowledge of Sikhi and should be pardoned for her innocent comments do u not think Navdeep KaurJi handled her question with the utmost of respect and courtesy?

She badgered her and insulted her? Exactly how so? By saying i would like to see how you would look in a dastaar? Then perhaps Guru GObind Singh also insulted the general population of hindus and muslim majority when he asked them to keep unshorn hair and tie dastaars in place of their regular hairdoes.

She was told she had a unibrow, something most girls would take serious offense to and instead of replying with hate and anger Bhenji politely responded that she did not notice it. She was told that it could be plucked, thta her hair could be removed. A hair so preciosu to a Sikh that he would rather be scalped alive then lose a single strand, that he would rather be cut limb by limb rather than pluck a singly hair. But what did Bhenji say, NO.

As for the comment about clown paint, i see nothing wrong in using humour in othrewise offensive remarks to a Sikh. Im sure her humour was not directed for purpose of insult but rather to raise a point that while the other person viewed her unshorn hair n dastaar as looking odd or funny, she herelf viewed people putting ariticial paint on their faces as being odd and funny. Now which of these two practices would u consider as being odd Sinister.

So rather than accusing others of practicing a "untrue" sikhi and listing their faults perhaps you would be better poised to follow the advice of your Guru and actually learn what acting in a "SIkhly fashion" actually means:

swJ krIjY guxh kyrI Coif Avgx clIAY ]

Let us form a partnership, and share our virtues; let us abandon needlessly cricizing others faults and walk on the Path.

Ive encouraged you many times before that if you wish to talk about what is Sikhi and what isnt, and wish to give advice to others about sikhi then please take time to understand Gurbani yourself and follow it. For Sikhi stems from the word of the shabad and without the shabad what kind of SIkhi are you advising others on?

With all due respect as always.

Fateh

having some one like sayin to pluck your unibrow is one thing but i have had an amrithari woman say that to me

134914[/snapback]

amritdhari...! i must admit some of their... views seem... kinda weird. It's like they want to keep SIkhi to themselves and make sure that otehrs dont haf the cahnce to achieve the same thing.

no.gif