Confused About Something Gurbani

tkkookar

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

siqgur nwnk pRgitAw imtI DuMD jg cwnx hoAw]

ijauN kr sUrj inkilAw qwry Cpy AMDyr ploAw]

This proves that other religions failed to spread the light of truth and only Guru Nanak Dev Ji was able to do it. Sikhi is the best and 100% truth. Other religions have truth but they are not complete.

Paper maybe 1500 years old but that doesn't mean no one wrote books prior to that. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Namastang,

Did you read what I wrote?  I said that Guru Nanak is the eternal Guru (and showed in Guru Granth Sahib that it is said Guru Sahib has existed in all 4 jugs).  He seems to have selected certain bhagats to give Gurmat naam too, but only in kaljug it was openly available.

Guru Nanak, (see my last post) has also been shown to be the one Guru.  If he was not, then why did he come?  If all religions are great and there are other Gurus, why did the world need Guru Nanak?  He offered nothign new then?

The fact is that no other Guru has ever revealed Gurmat Naam.  This is not just any naam, it is the highest mantar revealed in Sachkhand. 

Buddha is in Gian Khand:  how could his followers be considered to be brahmgyanis?

As for Guru Nanak being an avatar:  what is he an avatar of?  Vishnu?  I'm going to properly reply to this point because it is by far the most DANGEROUS of all thoughts coming from the RSS/Sanatanis.  But first I want to know what you think Satguru was an avatar of.  And was Guru Nanak the same being that was Ram and Krishna according to you?

136448[/snapback]

\

Singh 132,

I am quite suprised you finds Gurbani itself 'dangerous'.

You should translate Bhai Gurdas' varan more carefully since the word for each syllable of the mantr is said to be a means of 'remembering' each avatar from each yug.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji is referred to as in a lineage of avatars in Gurbani, Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwale accords to Guruji the status of avatar of Waheguru, possessing the recorded qualities of past avatars (very systematically).

Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji - Avatar of Vishnu????? Not reallyy since Ram and Krishna are manifestations of Hari or Parbrahm (Bhagvad Gita and Adhyatam Ramayan). Each bring the appropriate 'yug dharma' or spiritual teachings of that age. Guru ji is thus the same in that he is a manifestation of God who has brought the teachings for kalyug. God is the same in all yugs. There are many gurbani quotations supporting this point. It is the position of samprdas, Sants, Taksal, etc.

What perhaps is more 'dangerous' is to view Sri Guru Nanak dev ji as independent of God, and more like a prophet bringing the 'truth' that never before existed. This contradicts those quotations given before from previous yugs, it contradicts so much of Gurmat and is clearly an attempt to turn Sikhi into a more semitic tradition with 'revelation' 'prophethood' and a historically specific 'truth'.

Likewise you would expect to find such narrations in janamsakhi literature or any of the historical narratives of the Panth. One light many forms. One truth, many forms depending on the needs of the contexts.

pheena ji .. where did you get this hindi translation of guru granth sabhi ji .. is it online if so then please can you give me the link of it .. thank you

135783[/snapback]

Sorry for the late reply veer,

here is the file, It is the Faridakot Teeka

http://www.khalis.net/SikhAwareness/Text/F...nth%20Sahib.pdf

An easy way to search thru the text is to copy the Gurmukhi text that you are searching for into Microsoft Word and then convert the text to an english font. Copy those english words and paste them into the search field of the pdf.

• 14 years later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Sorry, that I feel to right something but yes I would like to put some light on some of the facts:-

1. Sikh is anyone who believes in "Ik'Oankar Satguru Prasad!", the first two Sikhs(Bala and Mardana) of Guru Nanak had nothing to do with what all you are arguing about i.e., religion. Sikh is an honourable word otherwise Guru could address them as Chellas but no, Guru aims to give you his place(Guru Angad Dev Ji earned it being a Pooran Sikh of Guru Nanak Dev Ji) so gives you respect not negligence.

a). Wah Wah Gobind Singh ape Guru Chela

b). Khalsa mero roop hai khaas Khalse mein houn karoon niwas

c). Manne tare taare Gursikh Manne Nanak bhave na bhikh

2. Guru Sahib did not segregated us from the world but removed all superstitions that people still follow because of their fears. Guru Sahib showed us the path of truth, humanity and the perfection of God? e.g., his creation that we do not even cut hair.

That's it for now.

Jo Bole So Nihal

Sat Sri Akal!