Nishaan Sahib

curious_man

d_oh.gif sangat jio plz elucidate me as u have alwys done b4 d_oh.gif

when i was in india...and used to go to gurudwara... i alwys see that ppl encircle the nishaan once then mattha tek it and they will do anything to touch the nishaan..even pushing :lol: ... iknow it becoz i have been pushed soo many times when my family used to go on gurupurabs in bangla sahib!!

so do we have to mattha tek nishaan sahib...touch it and encircle it wacko.gif

honestly speaking ... i have seen each and every person doing this in india...but not many here in canada!!

vjkk vjkf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

The link khalsa fauji added here must help u a lot overall to know a bit of Nishann Sahib. And i was going over that link, too. So i wish to add a bit of my thoughts. Its not long since i have been thinking of writing an article over Nishaan Sahib but time doesn't help. Anyhow there a lot more than the link that u must have gone over. I remeber the dated 9/11 happened and we were targeted,too. Every flag in this country was lowered to middle state to pay respect to the people who lost their lives on 9/11. Some ppl of different races went to the Gurdwaras and started throwing rocks at Nishaan Sahib co'z they were wondering why sikhs weren't paying any respect but they were explained the belief/pratice sikhs follow.

We have lost tons of singh/singhnian over time from Day One to Today. But prove me wrong if once the Nishaan Sahib was ever lowered to pay respect to those shaheeds. Every other country due respect to their martyrs but this Nishaan Sahib has an interesting part to play that whenever sikhs sacrific their lives for any cause due, THE NISHAAN SAHIB RISES HIGHER EVERY INCH IT CAN!

Every post linked in past topic proves sesible but the rising spirit provved something imaging.

Now i wish to answer Kandola!

"For your kindness Guru Gobind Singh ji called the shasters "Peer, the Guru" that meant Guru Gobind Singh ji had a guru(teacher), too. Every discipline bow to their teacher."

"SSM and Sher Panjabi already clarified that Nishaan Sahib cannot be compared to any other flag."

Our Nishaan Sahib hold way more respect than any othe nations flag the remember EVERY SHAHEED HAS CONTRIBUTED THEIR LIVE TO UPHOLD THIS NISHAAN SAHIB HIGH, NOT TODAY AND NEVER IN FUTURE THIS BE LOWERED TO PAY RESPECT TO THE MARTYRS BUT WILL RISE HIGHER TO BE PROUD OF THEM.

Thats the difference i can tell so far. May Waheguru bless this Nishaan Shaib the same contribution over time.

I think its okay to pay respect to the Nishaan Sahib any how u wish. weather its Matha Thek or Saying Fateh or encirlce or kiss the founder stone. Ultimately its all due in terms of the Sarific the Nishaan Shaib had for us over time period.

d_oh.gif :nihungsmile: :e: :nihungsmile:

:T: Waheguru,

Some say i am simple and some don't but i believe i like to twist thinking around.

LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif (JK)

I meant its ok if we take matha theking and/or says fateh coz its all to the Guru's Kindom, every time i personally kisses the founder stone to pay my respect and look up to the khanda and promise to the Nishaan Sahib that may i beheaded but will never let u down (A Vow). Waheguru plz don't test me d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

interesting, I think it's reaaally good that you asked the question to begin with.

myself, I take Prakarma of the Nishaan Sahib before entering Darbaar - but I do not bow to it. I bow only before Guru Ji Maharaj.

for me, taking Prakarma of Nishaan Sahib, is showing my loyalty to our kesri jhanda, and making a promise to fight under it may the need arise, giving allegiance to it above any other flag.

same reason i do Prakarma of Guru Sahib Maharaj.

:lol:

bhull chuk maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!