Are You Scared Of Death?

Are you scared of death? How many times do you wonder what death is? Do you fear that you will die before you can achieve everything you wanted to in your life? Does death sometimes cause you to have unsettling dreams? When a loved one dies, do you question why they have passed away so suddenly? Do you get upset, or do you accept it? The Guru Ji, beautifully answers,

icMqw qw kI kIjIAY jo AnhonI hoie ]

People become anxious, when something unexpected happens.

iehu mwrgu sMswr ko nwnk iQru nhI koie ]51]

This is the way of the world, O Nanak; nothing is stable or permanent. ||51||

All of us are going to die one day whether we want to or not. It could be today, tomorrow, in a few days, months or years. So why worry about it? Nothing is stable or permanent. It is inevitable. Before I accepted Guru Ji into my life, I also asked many questions. I feared death. I didn’t know what death was, so I dreaded it.

But, one would question, that first Guru Ji says why worry, then He goes on to say I cannot forget the fear of dying. This anxiety is eating away at me

BY mrby ko ibsrq nwihn iqh icMqw qnu jwrw ]1]

I cannot forget the fear of dying; this anxiety is consuming my body. ||1||

How can we at one end, not worry about death, and at the other, let it cause us uneasiness? But, if Guru Ji was so uncomfortable about death, then why did Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji offer his head, and welcome death? If it was the bodily death that Guru Ji worried about, then why did Sri Guru Gobind Singh, with his own hands, lead his sons into battle? If we interpret this shabad literally with the English translations without looking at the underlying meaning, then of course we can mistake it for Guru Ji being anxious of bodily death. But that is not the case. Guru Ji never thought of death as the death of the body. Then, what kind of death is He talking about? He is talking about the death of the mind.

ijau pRwxI jl ibnu hY mrqw iqau isKu gur ibnu mir jweI ]15]

Just as the mortal dies without water, so does the Sikh die without the Guru. ||15||

This is DEATH. A Sikh dies when he forgets the Guru, God, Shabad Guru. A Sikh dies when he attaches himself to the world, pondering day and night. Instead of worshiping Shabad Guru, he starts to praise the things around him. THIS IS THE DEATH THAT I AM SCARED OF. I know we are all going to die one day, by my fear is, by living in this world, I might get influenced and forget God. But with Guru Ji’s kirpa, I am able to overcome my fear.

myrI pRIiq goibMd isau ijin GtY ]

My love for the Lord of the Universe does not decrease.

mY qau moil mhgI leI jIA stY ]1] rhwau ]

I paid for it dearly, in exchange for my soul. ||1||Pause||

My love for God does not decrease. I love God more than my own life. I pray that this love for God, this thirst for Gyaan, this hunger for Shabad Guru never ends. I constantly worry that my mind will lose concentration, that the five vices may over power me. But the more I read Gurbani, the more I understand it, the less I fear this death. But, I fear my bodily death sometimes, because I wasted almost half my life before I welcomed Guru Ji into my heart, and now find that I don’t have enough time. There is so much to learn, so much to experience, but not enough time.

So, pyaare Veer Ji’s and Bhenji’s, don’t waste your time like I did and regret it. Start to experience Shabad Guru in your lives. I have only started to, and it is definitely the most amazing thing. Don’t fear death, for it is inevitable, but fear the death when you become distant from Waheguru.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Thanks for sharing and interpreting meanings.

V. helpful and penji i agree i also felt that i died thousands of death when i never knew or understand the Gurus and i had forgot God n im also afraid of forgetting God- which i hope i never do in the future or present.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

loku ]

salok ||

Shalok:

Aiq suMdr kulIn cqur muiK i|AwnI DnvMq ]

ath su(n)dhar kuleen chathur mukh n(g)iaanee dhhanava(n)th ||

He may be very handsome, born into a highly respected family, very wise,

a famous spiritual teacher, prosperous and wealthy;

imrqk khIAih nwnkw ijh pRIiq nhI BgvMq ]1]

mirathak keheeahi naanakaa jih preeth nehee bhagava(n)th ||1||

but even so, he is looked upon as a corpse, O Nanak, if he does not love the Lord God. ||1||

• 2 weeks later...

I am not scared of death at all......cant wait in fact...want to die a shaheed!!!!.....umm maybe vaheguru give me enuf time to do enuf naam japna to be in your good books..... :@ thas all me ask!

pray.gif