Girl Sent Home For Wearing Cross

Ranz_Killa

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Khalsa Ji Ki Fateh!

What a shame to all of us.

Howard Jones concisely explained the duties and responseness of one christian toward this. And when i read this...

Sikhs don't have that option and we have to be understanding. We live in a multi-faith society."

Once i have to admit that may WAHEGURU bless his "children@sikhsangat.com". d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

I wonder when Mr. Jones clarified the case why these ignorant sikhs are questioning themselves and running around newspapers to be clear about the fact! Guru Gobind Singh Ji never run around the circle of ignorant empires to clear the fact of one's practice but in return awaits to be judged by his highness (Waheguru). I will not point to anyone but still be to the point.

When Guru Gobind Singh Ji already cleared that we should wear sarbloh kara, why my fellow bro/sis's doubt the learning "cone of melted ice-cream". grin.gif

We are questioning here on forum if we can wear gold kara, gold this and gold that, bow and arrow, wood croos and if its okay wisely!

I believe ignorance is the cause of racism and they maybe doing so but what about us? I doubt not once someone ever raised any question about what type(material) be of our kara is or Guru's mat is, Size shudn't matter? Secondly why should we support someone to express their religion practice when Jesus never told his followers to wear that. I wonder we are pointing girl's mom to be ignorant but what about us.

On this forum we learn sikhi and still wonder its awareness. Please Waheguru Bless Our Childiness.. pray.gifpray.gifpray.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this offends anyone, i apologise in advance.

I think the SIKH FEDERATION should issue the documents or articles which they have as requested my myself personally 8months ago when i helped a student with her issue of not being allowed to wear a kara in school.

From there, she is know amritdhari and wears a dastar, and is a chardi kala gursikh!

point being, if they have the documents, please provide them to us, the youth who can activley take time out to help students in need if they are busy with their own agenda they work for, (8 point agenda?) sorry i dont know it off by heart but all im saying is, we have these organisations, lets use them to our advantage now.

IF ANYONE HAS THE KARA ARTICLE, PLEASE CAN YOU PM ME! i have requested a number of times to sikh organisations and have not got anywhere. this is a final benti now for some assistance so we can tackle the problem while its still small and before french ruling comes here!

138369[/snapback]

Please read am earlier thread and link provided by the Sikh Federation (UK):

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=11134&st=12

Trying to track down another thread and link with official information from the Department for Education and Skills about the right of Sikh children.

I think the SIKH FEDERATION should issue the documents or articles which they have as requested my myself personally 8months ago when i helped a student with her issue of not being allowed to wear a kara in school.

From there, she is know amritdhari and wears a dastar, and is a chardi kala gursikh!

point being, if they have the documents, please provide them to us, the youth who can activley take time out to help students in need if they are busy with their own agenda they work for, (8 point agenda?) sorry i dont know it off by heart but all im saying is, we have these organisations, lets use them to our advantage now.

IF ANYONE HAS THE KARA ARTICLE, PLEASE CAN YOU PM ME! i have requested a number of times to sikh organisations and have not got anywhere. this is a final benti now for some assistance so we can tackle the problem while its still small and before french ruling comes here!

138369[/snapback]

Trying to track down another thread and link with official information from the Department for Education and Skills about the right of Sikh children.

139193[/snapback]

Further link to Sikh Federation (UK) web site:

http://www.sikhfederation.com/news/sikh_kirpaan_affected.htm

138369[/snapback]

139193[/snapback]

Further link to Sikh Federation (UK) web site:

139194[/snapback]

Found it from April 2005:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guidelines have been issued by the Department for Education and Skills (DFES) regarding the RIGHT of Sikhs to wear the Kirpan in schools. The guideline gives a range of options, but specifically states a Sikh can wear a Kirpan in school with a blade of up to 5 inches and a handle up to 3 inches. This has been quoted in many cases. Often teachers, including headteachers are not aware of the DFES guidelines.

About 5 months ago it was rumoured schools would introduce new guidelines that may impact on us. The Sikh Federation (UK) immediately took the matter up with the DFES and they confirmed they stood by the guidelines relating to the Kirpan. A press release was issued by the Sikh Federation (UK) - see direct link below:

A Sikh schoolboy in Leicester then experienced difficulties. We sent the guidelines to those concerned and the headmatser was forced to apologise and restore the Sikhs right. Feel free to contact the Sikh Federation (UK) or other organisations, such as the British Sikh Federation or Sikh In England, that are willing to take up such issues.

The link to the DFES web site for the guidelines regarding the Kirpan is:

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/schoolsecurity/dwtannexf.shtml

Please judge the Sikh Federation (UK), Young Sikhs (UK) etc. by our actions and support us if you think what we are doing is right.

Feel free to share this message more widely.