For A Successful Happy Life

Fateh,

I have seen many of the sangat on this forum post that they don't know where to start by improving their life, they are unsure of things, a lot are suffering from 'depression'. Questions come up on how we can become closer to living a Sikhi Jeevan. It won't come without devotion. The more you devote yourself to something, the easier it becomes. Remember there is no such thing as a free lunch!

I have adopted ten things in my life that have helped me to become an overall better person. We should all strive to live a virtuous life, but, we are all living in this material world, so we have to adapt to it as well. Hopefully this will help you as much as it has helped me. (note: order is not relevant to importance)

FOR A SUCCESSFUL HAPPY LIFE

1. Practice morality, humility and compassion.

2. Manage your mind.

3. Manage your time.

4. Manage your money.

5. Look after your health.

6. Make conscious decisions.

7. Stay focused to your life goals.

8. Patience and perseverance are crucial for success.

9. God helps those who help themselves and others.

10. Do not harm or hurt others physically, mentally or financially.

Thankyou penji for sharing,hopefully i can learn from you

d_oh.gif

138943[/snapback]

Fateh Bhenji

Please don't thank me. It is Waheguru Ji's kirpa. Thank Him continuously. Without Him, I am nothing. Praise Waheguru Ji continuously because He is the only one we can all learn from.

Acru crY qw isiD hoeI isDI qy buiD pweI ]

If one eats the uneatable, then he becomes a Siddha, a being of perfect spirituality; through this perfection, he obtains wisdom.

pRym ky sr lwgy qn BIqir qw BRmu kwitAw jweI ]1]

When the arrow of the Lord's Love pierces his body, then his doubt is eradicated. ||1||

myry goibd Apuny jn kau dyih vifAweI ]

O my Lord of the Universe, please bless Your humble servant with glory.

gurmiq rwm nwmu prgwshu sdw rhhu srxweI ] rhwau ]

Under Guru's Instructions, enlighten me with the Lord's Name, that I may dwell forever in Your Sanctuary. ||Pause||

iehu sMswru sBu Awvx jwxw mn mUrK cyiq Ajwxw ]

This whole world is engrossed in coming and going; O my foolish and ignorant mind, be mindful of the Lord.

hir jIau ik®pw krhu guru mylhu qw hir nwim smwxw ]2]

O Dear Lord, please, take pity upon me, and unite me with the Guru, that I may merge in the Lord's Name. ||2||

ijs kI vQu soeI pRBu jwxY ijs no dyie su pwey ] vsqu AnUp Aiq Agm Agocr guru pUrw AlKu lKwey ]3]

Only one who has it knows God; he alone has it, to whom God has given it - so very beautiful, unapproachable and unfathomable. Through the Perfect Guru, the unknowable is known. ||3||

ijin ieh cwKI soeI jwxY gUMgy kI imiTAweI ]

Only one who tastes it knows it, like the mute, who tastes the sweet candy, but cannot speak of it.

rqnu lukwieAw lUkY nwhI jy ko rKY lukweI ]4]

The jewel is concealed, but it is not concealed, even though one may try to conceal it. ||4||

sBu ikCu qyrw qU AMqrjwmI qU sBnw kw pRBu soeI ]

Everything is Yours, O Inner-knower, Searcher of hearts; You are the Lord God of all.

ijs no dwiq krih so pwey jn nwnk Avru n koeI ]5]9]

He alone receives the gift, unto whom You give it; O servant Nanak, there is no one else. ||5||9||

did u make them up? :lol:

139123[/snapback]

Nahi Bhenji,

I actually was having difficulty trying to raise my spiritual level. I met an Uncle Ji, who teaches about spirituality and who I found very inspiring. He had given me this guideline. He said if you can manage this in your life, not only will you become a better person spiritually, but also become closer to Waheguru Ji. I discussed with him how youth these days, such as myself, are confused about Sikhi Jeevan, how can they obtain it? How can they increase their spirituality? So, he gave me this guideline to follow each day, and told me to share it with others.

Along with my nitnem, I follow this guideline. Ever since I have implemented it into my life, I can see a difference. No day really seems to go to waste, it becomes productive. Many have already reached the stage of humbleness, compassion, and sewa, but there are a few that haven't. So give it a try!!!