Is Abortion Against Sikhism?

randip singh

Well I personally belive that abortion is wrong. As my bro n sistaz mentioned before, the innicent child has nuthin 2 do with anything. He/She are totaly inocent. No 1 haz the right 2 murder. That;s in Guru Ji's hands.

So many people in the world actually die to have children, those who are unfortunate and can't have children are asking, and those who can, just feel that it's ok to get rid ov a child in 2 secz n it wont make n e differens.

In the cases of rape maybe I understand you don't want the child. BUT WHY? You don't have to keep the child if you don't want to, there are options of adoption and fostering. Make someone else's life happy rather than making urself a murderer.

Sorry these r jus my view. Bhul Chuk Maaf if I offended n e 1 ...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's all about faith.  You can put your trust in a worldly doctor, or you could invest all your faith in the Doctor of all doctors like the example I gave earlier.

The "what ifs" are endless.  What if I follow the worldly doctor's advice and get an abortion?  I can get it done to save my own life, but what if I meet my death the very next day?  We can temporarily take life and death into our own hands, but we don't know if we're going to even get another breath, so what good is it?

If I put my faith in the Doctor of all doctors, I would juggle with neither my life, nor that of my unborn child.  I would let Guru Sahib take whichever life he needs to take rather than thinking I'm wise enough to make that decision on my own.

Essentially, once we allow exceptions under X and Y circumstances, how can we condemn those who get abortions because they don't want a girl-child, or if they find out their child will be handicapped?  We can't play the role of God, ever.  We are neither wise enough nor far-sighted enough.  We see only the benefit/cost of our decisions in the here and now, but Guru Sahib sees our past, present and writes our future accordingly.

141193[/snapback]

WJKK, WJKF,

Hanjee, I agree with the fact the Doctor of Doctors is Guru Sahib, everything happens according to THEIR deicison. I mean my Pabhi Ji was told that her unborn child is disabled, they found this when she was about 4/5 months pregnant and as my Pabhi Ji was weak herself it was danger to her to. so the doctor said it's best to abort. (My Pabhi Ji and Brother both are Amrit Dhari) My brother thinking about my Pabhi Ji said that she should go ahead with the abortion but she had full faith in Guru Ji, she came to a decision where she said she'll give birth to the baby even if it means her lifes at risk. She left everything in Guru Ji's hands.

About 5 months ago now she had a baby boy completely healthy, she wasn't too well herself at first but now she has recovered slowely. The doctors were amazed at this too. Had she went and done the abortion she may have got it done for no reason relying on the doctors words. BUT NO she relied on the DOCTOR OF THE DOCTORS, GURU SAHIB ! pray.gifpray.gif Both my Pabhi Ji & nephew are in Chardi Kala ! pray.gif

What I'm saying is that everything happens according to Guru Sahib, we got no right to take any life.

Bhullan Chukan Dhi Maafee Jio

WJKK, WJKF,

There is no compromise, abortion is an absolute No No.

It will totally and utterly oblitorate every bit of Naam Simran you have.

Think of a field where you have beejed Naam, not think of it totally descemated, that is what happens if you abort a feotus.

ok well do we not consider what stage of pregnancy the woman at?

as in if she takes the morning after pill then has she killed a kid or has she simply stopped one from being made?

really getting into when soul enters body.

what bijla singh's sister in law did was prob what i would do in that situation.

if kid gonne be disabled etc then i wouldnt have the guts to give birht to the kid and God help me that i dont have to go thru any of that.

there are ltd circumstances where i would consider abortion at the earliest stage and perhaps one at a later stage, it takes guts to give birth and perhaps thats what i lack in certain situations.

ok well do we not consider what stage of pregnancy the woman at?

as in if she takes the morning after pill then has she killed a kid or has she simply stopped one from being made?

really getting into when soul enters body.

what bijla singh's sister in law did was prob what i would do in that situation.

if kid gonne be disabled etc then i wouldnt have the guts to give birht to the kid and God help me that i dont have to go thru any of that.

there are ltd circumstances where i would consider abortion at the earliest stage and perhaps one at a later stage, it takes guts to give birth and perhaps thats what i lack in certain situations.

141298[/snapback]

Penji....i agree grin.gif

noone really knows what they would do if they ever (God forbid) are in such a situation, its easier to talk in hindsight (whatever that word means.... :@ @ )!

"if kid gonne be disabled etc then i wouldnt have the guts to give birht to the kid and God help me that i dont have to go thru any of that."

With all due respect, are you 100% perfect yourself? Who are we to decide how "imperfect" one has to be in order to decide if you're a "keeper" or if you should be aborted? This essentially means that you're saying disabled people have no right to live.

This is the same as those who commit female infanticide. They see the "burden" she will be for them, just like you see the "burden" of a disabled child. When will we see the burden of the paap accumulated from such acts?

The stage of pregnancy is a non-issue in abortion. Once you're pregnant, you have a child within you. Getting rid of that child is nothing but murder. If you don't want to or are unable to raise the child, there are other options which are not sins. Why opt for a painful, dangerous, disgusting, maha-paap option when others are available?

no bhenji gosh i shud have phrased it differently or explained myself, when i say disabled i mean someone who needs a nurse 24 hres a day.

i meant that, eek

and abt that which u too oppose, im saying it takes guts and really it does, to give birth to and love and take care of and give all ur life to a very disabled child.

but well done to those who do.

One day, we too will become like those who can't care for themselves.

At any rate, all I'm saying is that if you can't care for a child, under whatever circumstances, there ARE options available besides murder. After aborting a child, there's no going back. It's final. The child won't even have a chance at all.

singhni84 ji, please do not assume that those who support abortion in some cases (including myself) do not have "full faith" in Guru Sahib. I believe in Guru Ji. maybe I misunderstood your post. I strongly believe that a baby does not have right to life over mother's life. Mother's life comes first because without her the baby would not exist. If she knows she would die while giving birth and we tell her she has no right to get an abortion, should she wait for her death? I don't think so. If she wants to then it is her choice but if she gets an abortion it would not be wrong. Safety of her life comes first and once she gets pregnant she does not lose the right to life. She is also a human being who is also innocent. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh