Why Japuji Sahib Has Thirty-eight Pauris?

WJKK, WJKF,

Sangat Jio, I've just recently joined Sikhsangat and I've like browsed through so many threads and I've realised and seems funny how 'us' as Gursikhs start to question Gurbani, Start to question our Guru's to why things were done in certain way ?

Instead of setting up assumptions and questioning Guru Ji with all these WHYS? It's best to gain the importance in the Gurbani our Guru Ji's set. You never know you may find your answer in Gurbani.

Now as said before by Sangat Ji, instead of counting up the Pauri's in Jap Ji Sahib, try to analyse and figure out what Guru Ji is trying to say, what the importance is of one and each Pauri...

Bhullan Chukan Dhi Maafee Jio

WJKK, WJKF,

I thought it was a good Q.

like there is likely to be some relevance to this and if no one knows then so fair enough.

i mean if there is a reason that someone aware of then great tell us, its all good to learn about Gurbani and everything related, or not?

Sat Sri Akal:

All that is missing now is a Sant Ka Nindak reference...please do provide...you will not be the first to give me such honored title.

You want an answer? Guru Sahib is perfect so the perfect number of pauris was picked to enlighten those living in this world. Gyan comes from contemplation of the Shabad, not counting them.