Xmas Party

jagjit_waheguru

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, I returned to work today after spending 4 days at the UK North smagam. My work collegues shared stories about what happened over the last 4 days. Friday was the Office Xmas party, in which the company paid for all workers nationally to spend days on a large yacht with free alcohol. I have never attended any Xmas party, but from my mona days can guess what happens there.

So all morning in the office, my collegues have been sharing stories about how drunk they got? who had an affair with who? whos eyebrows were shaved off? and so on.

I remained quiet in the corner working in my department, doing stuff on the computer, while listening to sukhmani sahib on my iRiver. Until one of my friends asked me, what I did over the last 4 days, because I have been on annual leave. I told them I spent them in spiritual bliss at the smagam. They know what smagams are from previous conversations in the office about meditation, life and Sikhi. They find it hard to comprehend how people can spend hours meditating on keertan.

The subject changed to what we were doing over Xmas and New Years. They all said, they will get drunk and legless. I said I will find other Gursikhs, and get "laha of Naam and Bani". After this we had a discussion on what I get from meditation and what they get from alcohol. In the end they all agreed, that getting drunk beyond the point where they cannot remember what they did, is not really having a "good time". When they thought about they were not really sure why they do it, other than because everyone else does it.

Anyway, now that we all doing work again. I was just thinking, most of these people are older than me, and have more life experience. But I am so glad, that my Guru chose me to put me on his path. If he had not, that is what all of us would really be doing at weekends. Instead we have just spent a "laha filled weekend".

Isn`t it great being a Gursikh!

Pyare jio, I returned to work today after spending 4 days at the UK North smagam. My work collegues shared stories about what happened over the last 4 days. Friday was the Office Xmas party, in which the company paid for all workers nationally to spend days on a large yacht with free alcohol. I have never attended any Xmas party, but from my mona days can guess what happens there.

So all morning in the office, my collegues have been sharing stories about how drunk they got? who had an affair with who? whos eyebrows were shaved off? and so on.

I remained quiet in the corner working in my department, doing stuff on the computer, while listening to sukhmani sahib on my iRiver. Until one of my friends asked me, what I did over the last 4 days, because I have been on annual leave. I told them I spent them in spiritual bliss at the smagam. They know what smagams are from previous conversations in the office about meditation, life and Sikhi. They find it hard to comprehend how people can spend hours meditating on keertan.

The subject changed to what we were doing over Xmas and New Years. They all said, they will get drunk and legless. I said I will find other Gursikhs, and get "laha of Naam and Bani". After this we had a discussion on what I get from meditation and what they get from alcohol. In the end they all agreed, that getting drunk beyond the point where they cannot remember what they did, is not really having a "good time". When they thought about they were not really sure why they do it, other than because everyone else does it.

Anyway, now that we all doing work again. I was just thinking, most of these people are older than me, and have more life experience. But I am so glad, that my Guru chose me to put me on his path. If he had not, that is what all of us would really be doing at weekends. Instead we have just spent a "laha filled weekend".

141554[/snapback]

Really Bro iz the only way and the only life.....i discovered this quite recently on my cinema trip over the weekend......Never Again.......curious paji knows...its on this section of the threads, entitled hmmm. check it some time and youll see why i believe sikhi iz 100% amaaaaazing!......Vaheguroo! :@

141554[/snapback]

d_oh.gifd_oh.gif TRU, ITS BRILLIANT BEING A GURSIKH :@d_oh.gifd_oh.gif

VAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

141554[/snapback]

WOW...U R LUCKY...

KASH MAIN VI HUNDI... :@

... d_oh.gif TUSI THIK KEHNDE HO...BEING A GURSIKH IS GREAT!!! d_oh.gif

FATHE!

Pyare jio, the conversations are progressing in the office today. Yesterday afternoon, one person in the office brought a Daily mail newspaper. In it was an article about binge drinking. They had a woman reporter binge drink every day for 30 days and tested the effects. They have the "before" and "after" photograph on it. The 39 year looked quite young in the first picture, but looked over 50 in the second picture. The article was quite shocking on the health effects of binge drinking, anything from memory loss to diahorea, stomach problems, etc.

Then there was the programme on TV yesterday called "what is in your christmas dinner". This showed the poor treatment and condition of turkeys. The factory farming thing is a complete scandal. Then you have the vegeatrians who say I do not eat meat, but eat fish, yet the still call themselves veges. A normal salmon has 6% fat, but a factory farmed one has 21% fat.

In fact, the only healthy thing on the Xmas plate was the brussel sprout. So now, so far in the office they have reached the conclusion, that the Sikh lifestyle is the most healthy and forward looking lifestyle. However many of them said they would find it really hard to give up meat and booze.

This is quite amazing, as I only pointed out a few things, but said very little. I allowed them to come to their own conclusions. But with Guru Maharajs kirpa, he is bringing some realisation to them.