Old Kara

curious_man

Sinister (yes, i figured out your lil code)

is it not possilbe it's outta RESPECT? it's funny, you think just as black and white as you probably accuse "fanatics" of thinking

it's like, if someone wishes to respect something dear to them, automatically it becomes WORSHIP

i suppose you WORSHIP your brother and sister?

you WORSHIP your car?

you WORSHIP your cell phone?

no one said a damn thing about worship so don't try to belittle or downgrade curious_man's question

SIkhs do not worship and hold material objects as sacred.

i know we dont worship anything else than VAAHEGURU...

but i feel tht kakkaars r sacred.... i dunno but long ago in this forum...

thre was a massive discussion...on how to respect a pugh...like...some of the members here said...dont put it in mouth while tying the pugh...cuz its not respect..

so i was just curious..abt kara too...

:@

THe question is: How often one changes the Kara? ONly when it gets smaller or starting to loose it's grace or somethin rite?

Kara is a reminder for doing Goods. When we use our hands, it reminds us that we should only be doing good deeds. It's a continous reminder of Waheguru. It's a continous reminder that we are "Sikh'" so we should live like Sikh's.

Well i have most of my kara's from old times. if u get like 50 years old. And we don't change Kara's everyday or do we? once in two yearS? may be? so by the time we grow 50 years old .. we can have atmost 50 kara's only if we change it every year. Is it hard to keep the 50 kara's in ur big house when you are old?? then u can give the nishani to ur grandchildrens... lol

My whole point is: do we really need to throw it? We can always keep it some where in the house. It's woul dbe only 10-20-30 kara's all together by the time we get older.

just a thought...

khima for wierd n stupid thought.. lol

baarik : )

Sat Sri Akal:

You have people holding onto gifts their parents gave to them with the fondest memories and yet the Guru's gift is so cheap that it can be disposed of so readily? If a person can maintain 1 Kirpan until their death, can not a person maintain a Kara?

Where's the love?

Curious Singh Sahib, keep it...pass it onto another young Sikh...do not simply throw it away. You paid for Sikhi and the Kakkars with your head. If your head that worthless?

As per the changing of the Karas...don't worry, you will stop growing. It is only in the youth that a Kara has to be changed due to physical growth. You aren't going to have 50 Karas lying around.