One Pound 25 P To Mathatek

raju123

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Please may I ask a question.

I have never asked why before, but why do we give £1:25 to do mathatek…

I really don’t know please explain ……………..

but when parents were around they said that i could give anything i wanted even 1 penny or even nothing if i had no money on me. ( when i had no money i would make it up the next time i went).

but on special occasions they would give me £1 25p to do matha tek i wished i had asked why ? is there any thing linked to £1:25..

any comments........

I’m so sorry but now I am really confused . I’m so sure that £1.25p has a special reason behind it.

I just wish I had asked my parents why.

As there is no one left I was wondering if any one here could tell me.

i have copied this from another forum hoping that the people here might help.............. d_oh.gif

hmmm, I'm not sure if it has a speacial reason behind it, but on my birthday my mum buyz a Rumalah & on top of the Rumala she would usually put £5.25 ! (Suvaah Panj Pohnd)

I duno the significance myself ! :@ (if ther iz 1)

its like... a box of chocolates. might be priced at £1.99 (or $1.95 in the states) but why not call it even at £2.00? Its a mental thing... proven statistics, because the human psychee thinks its UNDER £2, the person is more likely to buy the product because it feels its getting a bargain for under £2 whereas if it was £2, the persons less likely to buy. Its like that with people giving donations too - they feel they have done more by being able to say "i gave over £20" rather than i "gave £20" because humans have a have a thing for rounding things to the nearest 5 or 10.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, no one donation is bigger than another.

It is what is the heart of the giver that matters, no how big it is.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

142479[/snapback]

Vaheguroooooo pray.gifd_oh.gif

Gurfateh!!

The actual reason why we never give money in round figures but always just above eg, £1.25 or £101 is because once we start doing something good we should never stop so that 25p or that £1 is the begining of the next £1 or £100 donation we give, if you understand what im saying?  blush.gif

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

142504[/snapback]

The actual reason its always sava pound dates back and is primarily an indian superstition. It is deemed to be bad luck to give a round number.

singh sandhu

could u pls ask you mum to explain why .....

also does she do £1 25p mathatek?

khalsa fauji

this seem the most likley reason, because it makes so much sense.

i have asked people in india and they dont understand what i,m geting at,

i think that in england there is a lot of people that give £xx plus some pennys e never to make a round figure .....

any thoughts........may be we need to ask the older generations.... :@