Alcohol

Ishna

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I'll pretend I didn't read that question, and I'll give a general statement.

Alcohol isn't against our religion (as a chemical functional group, you have tons in your body as we speak). Its drinking it for the sake of pleasure, intoxication, drunkeness, and loss of control that is against our religion. So beer = bad, shampoo = good but don't drink it. OK?

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

154792[/snapback]

Most sensible post I have read all day.

Remember things start off small, like your grand-dad giving you a small measure of brandy because he thinks it will protect you from colds. Slowly the measures increase and before you know it you can drink half a bottle of Bacardi in one go and 12 pints in an hour. You not only mess your body internally but you get big beer belly.

Alcohol casues a lot of misery. It is not kewl as all those silly bhangra songs claim about ek hor glassy etc.

I know of many cases where due to alcohol families have split or people lost loved ones. Just last year I heard of someone who had married and had a young child, he passed away due to him being an alcoholic. His poor widow looks seriously depressed and is just withering away, his son was not even one and he has no father figure. Please avoid this unnecessary evil.

155800[/snapback]

Agreed 100%

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I'll pretend I didn't read that question, and I'll give a general statement.

Alcohol isn't against our religion (as a chemical functional group, you have tons in your body as we speak). Its drinking it for the sake of pleasure, intoxication, drunkeness, and loss of control that is against our religion. So beer = bad, shampoo = good but don't drink it. OK?

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

154792[/snapback]

Most sensible post I have read all day.

Remember things start off small, like your grand-dad giving you a small measure of brandy because he thinks it will protect you from colds. Slowly the measures increase and before you know it you can drink half a bottle of Bacardi in one go and 12 pints in an hour. You not only mess your body internally but you get big beer belly.

Alcohol casues a lot of misery. It is not kewl as all those silly bhangra songs claim about ek hor glassy etc.

I know of many cases where due to alcohol families have split or people lost loved ones. Just last year I heard of someone who had married and had a young child, he passed away due to him being an alcoholic. His poor widow looks seriously depressed and is just withering away, his son was not even one and he has no father figure. Please avoid this unnecessary evil.

155800[/snapback]

Agreed 100%

155822[/snapback]

Wahguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waguru Ji Ki Fateh.

umm..

i just have one point to make...

why would we do something while not knowing the outcomes (or thinking that its ok cuz theres just a lil of something you cant have???)

if no one has proof which would conclude that something isnt allowed in Sikhi, but on the other hand someone knows that there could be a chance of it being something that our Guru jis dont allow us to do/have/say ect.... i think its safer not to get into it.

first think...can you live without it?.....

i dont think any of us really need champaign....

just something to 'think' about...literally :lol:

peace...

Wahguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waguru Ji Ki Fateh.