Kirtan Darbar Tonight

Singhstah

The vigil was good to raise awareness Im glad the keertan darbar went well. wish I could have come to.

I hope sangatan will also attend next week at Southall for keertan darbar.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=16636

THE FIRST YOUTH KIRTAN OF THE NEW YEAR!!!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

"The Lord Waheguru prevails in the Sangat, the Holy

Congregation; reflect upon the Shabad and understand."

(Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee)

Saturday 28th Keertan Program at Sri Guru Singh Sabha Southall PARK AVENUE

Youth keertan from 7pm till late

http://boss-uk.org/#dusk2dawn

dusk_2_dawn_poster.jpg

Join us, as London Sikh students and youngsters in Guroo Sahibs Hazoori for singing of Gurbani Keertan

All Youth Student Kirtan Darbar!! Sat 28th January 2006-

7.30pm-L8.

Park Av. Southall

Anyone wishing to do Kirtan please contact :

Text/Ring: 07940431925

Email: lovesikhi@hotmail.com

Also

anyone free at 7.00 pm please come to the Gurdwara to

help setup the stage and start the programme.

Time: 7.30pm- Late

Southall

Nearest Train: Southall (Paddington)

Put your name down NOW!!

I know your intentions are good, but i have to ask.......what is their to celebrate?

last nights Kirtan was amazing as we heard the treatment of Sikh brothers in jails, brothers who are in jail for us, for sikhi.

you have a programme where we all celebrating news years together!

i got nothing to celebrate.....what u celebrating?

maybe the students(sikhs) should be told some reality for once.....why dont we do a talk and documentary on human rights? why not tell the celebrating students about REAL life as a Sikh?

sorry not pointing finger at you only (dont even know you)....its just i thought it was inappropriate to write 'celebrating' .....i know u were not at the kirtan last night but you seem to know what the Vigil was about.

msjskb the keertan program has firstly not been organised especially to celebrate the New Year. It’s a monthly program that happens on last Saturday of every month. It just so happens it’s the first one of this year and we are just posting to let sangat know. The sevadar who made the email just added that as it’s the first program of 2006. East London isn’t far from Southall that is why I have posted the email on this thread.

Secondly many youth and members of London Sikh Societies, Sweet Sikhi, and BOSS (British Organisation of Sikh Students) including my self went to the protest may they be in Westminster, East London or up north.

I have attached one photograph of some of the students at Westminster protest.

Talks on Human rights abuses happen every year. I think you should first have a look at the situation before judging.

As far as the word “celebrating” in the above post that’s an over look on my part. I did not read the email thoroughly before I posted. I apologise for that and have now edited it.

If you would like to contact the London BOSS Sevadars please email: sikhsoc@gmail.com and/or boss@#.

Monthly keertans are youth programs organised by the youth for the youth.

Guroo Anng Sang

Pull Chuk Maff

post-4441-1138000303_thumb.jpg

I didnt post so that i should start arguing with you. You admitted an error which was you didnt read the post before putting it on, for which you apologised.

I think you see my point.

Its interesting we say talks for human rights happen every year. then do we ignore them? or do we not take them seriously? i dont know maybe i heard something i had never heard before, but i got nothing to celebrate anymore. next time there is a human rights talk picture your own family being tortured, you will probably understand.

bhul chuk maff