Think Before You Post…

Sat1176

I understand you are saying but there is nothing wrong with veechar... if you are reffering to the pohewala thread then i can somehow understand.. but if they are talking about issues such as panthic maryada ar multiple akhand paats i dont see anything wrong with that... but however i do believe another thread should have been started... however i dont see anythign wrong with talking about some things.. if someone might have some doubts you do not just hide them behind the curtain and say dont diss sant jee or baba jee or so on.... you answer them with respect and do not swear at them.... please when someone does answer do not answer and say you do no have respect for so and so ans they might not have the knowledge that you might htink you have gained or have gained from your time in life..... if someone does have doubts please do not hesitate... i do not find it apporpriate to swear at them as some of the members have taken that route..... the word nindya i think has been taken out of context.... i think we need too all look at the word nindya and the word sach...

maaf karna jai galtee ho gayee

i don't think i's so much of 'discussing'... but more of a matter of 'discussing' MATURELY.. most threads where we have 2 (or more) views on a topic, turn into pure ruckus.. and i don't think anybody can deny that.. many times we see things get personal with personal attacks on ones beleif or on a person themselves... there's nothing wrong with discussing or debating.. its the way we do it thats the issue... (and i'm including myself in the 'immature' section of this as well)... many threads will turn into 'jattha' bashing, regardless of the topic... so i think we need to think bout HOW we're discussing or debating...

bhul chuk maaf

Vaheguru Jee Kee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

I am not saying don’t discuss issues or ask questions. But just because you don’t understand something doesn’t automatically make it wrong. Some of the issues being discussed are highly complex are probably beyond our comprehension and level of understanding. Just because we might not get a satisfactory answer that convinces us, doesn’t mean we are now right or give us the right to attack a person, jatha or dera of Sikhi. Each has something unique to offer us. Not all of us have the same likes and dislikes and what we receive from one we may not receive from another. At the end of the day we will all agree that we are all under the same umbrella of Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj! pray.gif

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Here is a classic example of the point I was trying to illustrate. In another thread they are discussing Favourite Kirtannias.

Some Guru ka pyara quoted that they liked listerning to

COVENTRY - BHAI NAVREET SINGH

Obviously by listerning to this kirtannia this pyara is gaining something.

Now check out the response:

lOl

4giv me but.. u should try choosing someone who actually keeps within rehat and who has a bit of positive jeevan.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I am not saying don’t discuss issues or ask questions. But just because you don’t understand something doesn’t automatically make it wrong. Some of the issues being discussed are highly complex are probably beyond our comprehension and level of understanding. Just because we might not get a satisfactory answer that convinces us, doesn’t mean we are now right or give us the right to attack a person, jatha or dera of Sikhi. Each has something unique to offer us. Not all of us have the same likes and dislikes and what we receive from one we may not receive from another. At the end of the day we will all agree that we are all under the same umbrella of Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj! 

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Veer Jee Sat1176's last two posts nailed it again. :) :T:

Let's learn to discuss and debate in a respectful, constructive and a mature way. Always criticise with humility and with the intent to be constructive. Always have the fear not to to hurt anyone else's feelings maliciously. Be very careful not to hurt the Aatma of Waheguroo that resides in them as well. Your criticism may not be so valid as you might think, as you may be wrong.

Bulx AMdir sBu ko ABulu gurU krqwru ]

bhulan a(n)dhar sabh ko abhul guroo karathaar ||

Everyone makes mistakes; only the Guru and the Creator are infallible.

This is what Gurmustak Singh Khalsa, aka MrSikhNet says on his blog:

My purpose of this post is not to start a debate about yoga and Sikhi. I wanted to show one example of a situation where Sikhs do something a little different from the rest, and people start condemning/criticizing, without seeking to understand or accept differences. We all hear about different Sikh groups or "Jathas" who have certain practices which are different. As with my previous example, some can be quick to judge them. It is not that you have to agree with or practice in the same way. It is just that if Sikhs are to be more united we have to learn to be more accepting and open hearted. Why would any young person want to stay a Sikh if at every turn they are judged, criticized, and all they see are people fighting about every little thing. It's no wonder many chose not to stay a Sikh.

The next time you come across someone and a critical thought comes to mind, be aware of it. Recognize that you are thinking like that. Try to shift how you are thinking and attempt to give the benefit of the doubt. No one has the right to judge others. We are all on a path trying to be better people, and no one is perfect. We all make mistakes and learn through the hands of time.

I have found in my personal life that when I have negative thoughts towards other people, it is generally a reflection of anger or irritation IN ME and that it's not really about the other person at all. I see the world based on how I feel and what is going on in my life. [Emphasis in original] I remember coming to this conclusion and it was like a lightning bolt hit me. I was like "WOW! so this is why I feel that way and why other people do weird things". This awareness gave me even more understanding and acceptance towards others. So, when I see someone who shouts with anger "Go back to Iraq you $%$#" or does something hurtful, I can be more understanding and compassionate rather than reacting.

A Katha of Sant Singh Jee Maskeen:

swJ krIjY guxh kyrI Coif Avgx clIAY ]

saajh kareejai guneh kaeree shhodd avagan chaleeai ||

Let us form a partnership, and share our virtues; let us abandon our faults, and walk on the Path.

This is a Katha I heard from Sant Singh Jee Maskeen, about how he tried to implement the above Pankiti into his Jeevan. It's not exactly word for word translation, but it contains the essence of what he was saying.

"Sometime ago, I received a long letter from somebody ... it must have been about 2/3 sides. I can imagine it took a long time for him to write it up. In the letter, they wrote about all the people, Jathas, Gurudwaras with whom I have associations, and where I have done Katha.

They went through all these people and told me why I should not associate with them, or do Kathaa at their Asthaan. This left me dumb-founded. They did not even leave their name or number for me to contact regarding all the stuff they had written about each person. If I listened to every fault with every person he had written, I would hardly have any places where I could do Katha!!!

I decided to ignore this letter. How can I go around picking out faults in others, when I don't have a single virtue myself?

siB Avgx mY guxu nhI koeI ]

sabh avagan mai gun nehee koee ||

I am totally without virtue; I have no virtue at all.

hm Avguix Bry eyku guxu nwhI AMimRqu Cwif ibKY ibKu KweI ]

ham avagun bharae eaek gun naahee a(n)mrith shhaadd bikhai bikh khaaee ||

I am overflowing with sins and demerits; I have no merits or virtues at all. I abandoned the Ambrosial Nectar, and I drank poison instead.

Guroo Jee tells us to take the good virtues from people and leave behind their weaknesses. This is the only way we can improve ourselves. If we spend our entire lives looking at the weaknesses or de-merits of others, we'll end up collecting and being full of those faults. If we learn to collect the virtues of others and implement them in our lives, then we ourselves will become a greater person and progress on the Gurmat Maarag."

swJ krIjY guxh kyrI Coif Avgx clIAY ]

saajh kareejai guneh kaeree shhodd avagan chaleeai ||

Let us form a partnership, and share our virtues; let us abandon our faults, and walk on the Path.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo