Daarbaar

Guest grandcannon

WJK WJKF

This is a verse in the SGGS which says something about the 'Daarbaar' of his court. What is Daarbarr? What does the verse mean.

PS By the way, I know I've been making a lot of posts, so sorry to bother everyone, I just am so excited to have found the truth, and really want to know more.

148816[/snapback]

Gurfateh!!

Veer Ji, im not sure but i think you are referring to this shabad:

hm kUkr qyry drbwir ]

I am a dog at Your Court, Lord.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

148876[/snapback]

is kookar really a dog??

148898[/snapback]

Gurfateh!!

Most translations will equate it to dog, but in bani this isnt a literal translation, what Maharaaj Ji is referring to is a person who goes around shouting with no knowlegde and sense,rather like barking so it is a metaphor. Thats probably the best definition i can give.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

148914[/snapback]

Gurfateh :)

Yep i think this is a bit of a misinterpretation in the translation. It may be a metaphor but kookar is more hen that clucks clucks clucks. Kookar... kookari. Its isnt a dog. Thats a kuttha...

But yeh, the message is more or less the same.

Sat Sri Akal:

Nope...there are two words:

ku`kV - Kukarh (rarrha) is a chicken.

kUkr - Kookar is a dog. The above means dog. While dogs are vilified in Indian society (it is a curse word), dogs have many positive attributes...undying loyalty and willing to do the master's bidding at will. Such should be the inner behavior of a Sikh to the Guru as well.

ms514 is my best friend, so he's right

148997[/snapback]

gal kise Best friend di nahi hai...Darbar is Guru ji val mukra karna, kyeoky Guru sarab veapak hai...JE SUKH DE TAI TUJE ARADYE, DUKH VI TUJE DEAAII...Kukar apne Malak nu sda hi pyar karda hai, bhave us da malak us roti vi na deve...Bule Shah di ik kafi vi hai jis vich kehnda hai kye Bullea tere to <admin-profanity filter activated> hi chaunga hai ...

Muhoo ke bolan bolie jit dise DARBAR, phir Guru Nanak dev ji kehnde ne AMRIT VELA SUCH NAO, VADEAI VICHAR...