Havent Got A Clue! :o)

Guest natural disasters

A FRIEND OF MINE RECENTLY SAID THAT SHE DOESNT BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY TIDAL WAVES AND SUFFERING IN THE WORLD, WHAT DO I SAY TO HER?

153641[/snapback]

You ask: Does God exist? How can there be so much evil and corruption in the world if God exists?

God is a mythical word, a mumbo-jumbo word that is the invention of the priesthood. Actually, to ask whether God exists is absurd. For those who know, God is existence, or existence is God.

Things exist, not God. A chair exists because a chair can go into nonexistence. To say that the chair exists is meaningful because its nonexistence is possible.

God is existence, the very isness. When we say God exists we create something out of the word God, then God becomes a thing. But God is not a thing, nor is God a person. That is why you cannot make him responsible for anything. Responsibility only comes when there is a personality, when there is someone who can be responsible.

God is not a person, he is pure existence. The word is misleading because the word personifies. It is better to use the word existence. The totality of existence is God.

So it cannot be asked whether God exists. That is like asking whether existence exists. Put this way—whether existence exists—the question becomes absurd. Obviously existence exists; there is no question about it. The question cannot even exist if there is no existence, nor can the questioner.

I would like to make it clear that when I say God, I mean existence as such.  God is not a thing among other things, God is total thingness. To say that the table exists is the same as saying that the table is God. To say that you exist is the same as saying that you are God. God is the existence. God is isness, the quality of isness, the quality of existence….

A Muslim friend came to visit me. This was his question too. He said, "The biggest question I feel is that if God is, then why is the world so evil?" He is right, because there can be no relationship between God and evil. How can there be?

I told him, "Let us remove all evil from the world for a moment. Can you visualize what the world will be like then?" The moment you remove evil, the good also disappears from the scene. Good cannot exist on its own. It is because of evil that good exists. Remove darkness and light disappears together with it.  Light exists because of darkness. Remove the cold, and the heat is automatically lost. Heat and cold are different variations of the same thing. If we try to remove death, life too will be lost. If there is no death, how can life be? Or, if there is no life, how can death be?

The universe exists with the help of polar opposites. The world's existence is brought about by the music between opposites. If the opposite is removed, both are removed. Remove the male, and the female is lost. Remove old age, and youth is lost. The young person always wishes to prolong his youth because he does not know that youth and old age are so closely combined that if one is removed, the other is lost.

We all wish ugliness to be removed from the world; but if ugliness is lost, beauty will also disappear. If you wish for a world without ugliness, be prepared to face a world where nothing is beautiful.

I told my friend, "If you wish for a world where evil is banned, good will flee from such a place immediately. Then this world will be a big prison house; because where there is no freedom to do evil, there can be no freedom at all.

In fact, the word "freedom" contains the freedom to do evil also. If a man is told that he is free only to be good, what meaning does such a freedom convey? This freedom has no meaning. Rather, it implies bondage. It would be proper to say; you are condemned to be good—not free to be good. When we tell a person he is free to be good, the freedom to be evil enters along with the freedom to be good. God is the totality and yet he does not control anything. This means that God creates, but He creates freedom.

A man is free to be good and free to be bad—as bad as he wishes—when God is the Lord of everything.  This is because true freedom exists only if there is freedom to do what one wishes, be it good or bad.  When no such freedom exists, man is not man but a machine which does whatever it is made to do because it is insentient.

Man is sentient; he possesses consciousness. Consciousness is not possible without freedom.

For tantra, everything is holy.  One Christian missionary was with me a few days ago and he said, "God created the world."

So I asked him, "Who created sin?"

He said, "The devil."

Then I asked him, "Who created the devil?"

Then he was at a loss. He said, "Of course, God created the devil."

The devil creates sin and God creates the devil. Then who is the real sinner—the devil or God?

But the dualist conception always leads to such absurdities. For tantra God and the devil are not two. Really, for tantra there is nothing that can be called "devil", everything is divine, everything is holy. And this seems to be the right standpoint, the deepest. If anything is unholy in this world, from where does it come and how can it be?

there once a story of a barber and a guy who went for a haircut.

the haircut guy (whatever we call them...im kinda lost for words right now in this moment in time) was having his haircut done when the topic moved onto god.

"i dont believe in god" said the barber

"how can you say that?" said the haircut guy

"answer me why there is all this suffering in the world?"

the haircut guy fell silent and came out of the hairdressers.

it was another few weeks when he was on the same road and saw a tramp whose hair was uncut, a huge untangled beard and with some poor clothes opposite the barbers.

the topic went onto about god again after the haircut guy comes back to have his haircut....

"there is no such thing as barbers or barbershops" said the haircut guy

"what am i in front of you?" said the barber in a sarcastic way

"if there were barbers, then why is there that poor tramp outside? if there were barbers then that person outside would not be in such a bad state" said the haircut man

"haha thats easy, the reason why he is like that is because he hasnt come to a barber such as myself, hence the reason why he is in such a state"

"exactly!" exclaimed the haircut guy, "the reason why there is suffering is because people havent turned towards god...hence why they are in this state".

Bhul Chukke Muaff

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

geeza its simple man, y do ppl complicate fings?

the bad fings in life happend cz its either a test or a punishment, simple, there u go, ur answer

the reason y ppl dnt beleive dis is cz of its simplicity.

ppl say this is 1 of the most toughest question religious ppl face, how is it? its so simple

wjkk wjkf

geeza its simple man, y do ppl complicate fings?

the bad fings in life happend cz its either a test or a punishment, simple, there u go, ur answer

the reason y ppl dnt beleive dis is cz of its simplicity.

ppl say this is 1 of the most toughest question religious ppl face, how is it? its so simple

154134[/snapback]

its simple because you have something that others don't. Everyone absorbs information in their own ways, most people want a rational answer to their question, what you have prescribed can only be taken with Faith(Trust) and Faith(Trust) is something that doesn't come easily to the curious mind. They seek a logical explanation for such event, a more indepth answer to satisfy themselves.

Teaching a child who is willing to learn and has complete Trust in his Master can be easily taught thought such simplicity, but those who create a resistance and want to learn things on their own terms will have difficulty accepting such answers instead require different methods such as trying to explain to them the laws of Karma, and the works of nature with a divine perspective. They must be molded though strikes of a different nature, they are not easily bendable.