Why Isnt That Against Sikhi?

Guest guest

Guest guest

i wanted to ask this question and im sorry if this question is already repeated before...

i was asked this question by a person which did make me think about it...

sikhi says that wearing make up and doing stuff that makes you look attractive is wrong huna...

but what about braces, as they are used to make your teeth go in and make you look better...... isnt that wrong as it does come down to looks at the end and as it says in sikhi to stay natural and stick to what guru ji has given us?... :cool: @

therefore is that wrong in sikhi aswell :@

sorry if i have offended anyone by asking this question,

hope i could get peoples opinions on this... thanks :wub:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Kool question penji/paaji... its got me thinking now!

I've thought (for 5 mins) and ive tried to think of an argument for wearing braces...

And all i can think of is the fact that you are not actually changing your teeth to unatural... coz your teeth are still how God made them and your not actually changing them physically but they change by themselfs by the braces naturally arranging them slightly differently- not too sure on that making sense- unlike for example if your had a plastic surgery you would be actually changing the face unaturally coz its not how God made you.

And you could make your teeth more effiencient (if that makes sense) if you straighten them... and you wear braces for them purpuses instead of wearing them to look better- So it could be acceptable for taht reason.

Lol, i know it doesnt make sense but thats all i can think of to ware braces.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh !!!!!!

braces are to heal or correct teeth that have come in the wrong way.

it is the same thing as if you got into an accident and your finger was bent backwards. if you could have surgery to fix it you would.

those things could be a serious interference with your life. if you have a broken hip or a sprained ankle, etc. you need to get them healed.

and doing so is allowed in gurmat because it does not interfere with rehit.

however most people do not use makeup for that reason. they use makeup to be more attractive. for kaam reasons. and because of low self esteem.

please forgive my mistakes

vaaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaaheguroojeekeefatheh !!!

I'm not against braces... but i feel its the reason behind getting one that matters... some get them as they might be unable to eat, probably after an accident.... but most use it for cosmetic value... even with thir crooked teeth they can eat but they have low self esteem and want to get better good looking teeth. Its just like ppl are born with wrong teeth or bad skin, they might have to use stuff to correct that cosmetically.... to me its the intetion with which it is done that matters.....

bhul chuk maaf

Guest kully khalsa

sikhi does condemn make up, for example there is no need to wear make up it is only used to increase 1s self esteem and to become more attractive, this is not the real you how guru ji wanted you to be.

bhul chuk maf

Guest .....gupt.....

surmwidk iSMgwr nihN nihN pr qrunI sMig

suramaadhik shi(n)gaar nehi(n) nehi(n) par tharunee sa(n)gi

Do not wear make-up or jewellery. Do not commit adultery.

thought it will point out the obvious :wub: @

There really is no reason for braces, other than to make your teeth look nice. And I don't get how you can justify it by saying things like "braces are to heal or correct teeth that have come in the wrong way" How are they being healed? And why would one consider it to be a 'wrong way'. Its just the way it is. Some people's eyes are spread too far apart, some people have more body hair, and some people have crooked teeth. That's just the way they came in, and really there is no purpose to getting them straight. I guess they came in that way because thats the way god wanted them to be. That almost sounds as ridiculous as saying you are getting the hair off your back removed and then transplanted to get a moustache. You're only "arranging them slightly differently" Yeah, sorry if that sounds twisted. I'm not saying its wrong for you though. I'm not amritdhari or anything, just wanting to know stuff. I just think that society is pretty twisted. Putting metal into your mouth to move your teeth so they look straight. Think about it, its sounds almost as twisted as those people who grow cats in boxes. But cats in boxes isnt accepted in society ....yet.

Guest _Mandi_

I totally agree with the last post. Very few people require braces to improve their dental health. Generally braces are for cosmetic reasons. Why do people want straight teeth? Because straight teeth are thought to be attractive.