Ardas & Hypocritical

When ardas is done at the gurdwara, our gyanis ji tend to say "bin bolian sub kuch janda," after that they say that this person donated this or this persons ardas for health ....etc. this seems so hypocritical or is this a way to make more earnings. this happens throughout the world....i see if you say such things what was the purpose of ardas....people just showing their hunkar.

Yeh it annoys me too. Sometimes ure there for ages just listening to the ardaas where they go on about who donated what for about 5 minutes! not a complaint, but its just annoying. But i can see where the Gurdwaras are coming from. Look, we have some very successful and beautiful Gurdwaras here in the UK and they need an organisation behind it running it which is where the comitees come in. And they have been doing quite well raising the cash for all these many years so what they are doing is proven to work. I think if they stopped giving into peoples ego's, they would lose out on a lot of maya.

On the other hand, it states that the comitees dont seem to have faith in Maharaj because He, inevitably, is the Provider and the Giver.

And although (most) commitees know how to raise the maya... they sure dont know how to spend it properly!

bhul chuk maaf

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGRUU JI KI FATEH

Why dont they while doing ardas just say who donated instead of saying how much ppl donated... coz that can make ppl feel down and make others more proud that they gave alot more than the rest of the sangat. And that might of stopped other poorer Sikhs from giving aswell... so by not mentioning how much ppl give this can make poorer Sikhs feel better aswell that they are contributing to Sikh societies since this will encourage them to give even if it is only a small amount.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

• 2 weeks later...

i have thought about that quiet a few times and then came to the same solution that they just do it so the person that donated it feels proud. i think sayin all that in ardas is not to tell guru ji who has donated what, its so the donations can be advertised to the sangat in the gurdwara at the time.