Smethwick Gurdwara To Give £1100 To Makkar

what are the birmingham singhs doing to put pressure on the committee - i hear they are wuite heavy handed usually - lets get them into action!

159329[/snapback]

I personally know Bhai Mohan Singh who is from the Statford Road Gurdwara He does alot for the youth, and he's encouarged english lessons in Gurbani. Now we need more people like him.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But now the Sadh Sangat told the committee not to give so much, as SGPC and It president has enough already, BUT out of Guru Ji's Golak £1100 is to be given.

159070[/snapback]

It's the sangat who select the committee, let them make sure the don't allow it to happen, But i'm sure it's all agreed with the appropriate members before hand.

nonono.gif

what are the birmingham singhs doing to put pressure on the committee - i hear they are wuite heavy handed usually - lets get them into action!

159329[/snapback]

I personally know Bhai Mohan Singh who is from the Statford Road Gurdwara He does alot for the youth, and he's encouarged english lessons in Gurbani. Now we need more people like him.

159347[/snapback]

Ignore my ignorance but what makes Mohan Singh any different ?

Did he not employ the same builders who totally bodged up work on a new building at Duncan Street (Wolverhampton) to work on the new Statford Rd Gurdwara ? This despite Mohan Singh being made aware of the builders reputation (overcharging, increasing costs, never finishing work, bad quality work). The building at Duncan Street is still unfinished several years on.

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_959.shtml

Avtar Singh Makkar, President of SGPC has flown over to the UK. He landed on the 6th April and his visit is expected to last until the 12th of April. Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Smethwick has sponsored the costs of his visit. During his visit he will be attending Gurdwaras, holding meetings with representatives of Sikh interest groups, Councils and NGOs, as well as holding interviews with mediapersons.

The Programme of Events of his visit are as follows:

Friday 7th April

Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha, Handsworth, Birmingham.

Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Edward Street, West Bromwich, Birmingham.

Guru Har Rai Gurdwara, West Bromwich, Birmingham.

Meeting with representatives of Respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji group at Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Smethwick.

Saturday 8th April

Seminar with representatives of Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council, Oldbury. Reception of Guests by dignitaries from Birmingham City Council, Birmingham. Program of events held at Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Smethwick, Birmingham.

Sunday 9th April

Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Southall, London and Nagar Kirtan opening ceremony. Attending Nagar Kirtan at Leicester organised by Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara, Guru Nanak Gurdwara (Holy Bones) and other Gurdwaras.

Interview with Raaj Radio - listen on http://www.raajradio.co.uk/

Monday 10th April

Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Southall, London.

Interview with Panjab Radio - listen on http://www.panjabradio.co.uk/

Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Slough, London.

Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Barking.

Tuesday 11th April

Guru Arjan Dev Gurdwara, Derby.

Guru Nanak Parkash Gurdwara, Coventry.

Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara, Wolverhampton.

Wednesday 12th April

Events by Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Smethwick and Smethwick Youth Community Centre followed by departure.

Feel free to make your views known at the appropriate events.

Unfortunately Kurtas, you are wrong in something. It was not the fault of the builders when it comes to Duncan St Gurdwara in Wolverhampton - it was the fault of the corrupt commitee... the one that was in term last. A certain contract was conveniently "lost" by a member of the commitee which entitled the Gurdwara to get compensation off the builders for each week they went over the agreed time limit. It seems this particular commitee member was in on a scam - funnily enough has never returned to the commitee.

As for Bhai Mohan Singh, well get Bhai Mohan Singh running all Birmingham Gurdwaras, and you would have a much more pleasant Birmingham. Ive seen what that guy does for the local community and he is fantastic.

As for Smethwick Gurdwara... im sick of the stupidity of this Gurdwara being brought into scrutiny all the time on the forum. Theyre stupid. You're stupider for making it worse on a forum. And im probably the stupidest for writing this reply when all i mean to say is ... KEEP IT OFF THE FORUM IF YOU AINT GOT THE BALLS TO FORM A PANEL CAPABLE OF SORTING THE ISSUE OUT FACE TO FACE WITH THEM.

Unfortunately Kurtas, you are wrong in something. It was not the fault of the builders when it comes to Duncan St Gurdwara in Wolverhampton - it was the fault of the corrupt commitee... the one that was in term last. A certain contract was conveniently "lost" by a member of the commitee which entitled the Gurdwara to get compensation off the builders for each week they went over the agreed time limit. It seems this particular commitee member was in on a scam - funnily enough has never returned to the commitee.

159435[/snapback]

That contract was written up a long time after the builder had messed everything up. Love them or loathe them, it was not the committee who did substandard building work and left everything unfinished. That was down to the builder. It was only after the builder failed to turn up to finish the work that the contract was drawn up. The sad thing was that this was an "apna" builder and the man had such low morals that he thought it ok to increase costs etc on an agreed fix price build. The committee were stupid for going along with everything but the builder was not the innocent party in all of this.

Mohan Singh knew this and employed the very same builder. It does not inspire too much confidence. If your neighbour employed a builder who left things half finished you would never employ the same builder to do work on your own house.

The money thats being wasted for flying him over here and showing his dirty face could be put to better use, ?1,000 could feed alot of hungry people in India

159491[/snapback]

Good point. But the SGPC would waste the money on junkets anyway so at least this way we can see where 1000 has gone.

Seriously, I think all such visits are a complete waste of money and time. Lets take the numerous secret visits of Vedanti to the UK. The sangat are not invited to meet him to let him know the problems we are facing.

The same will happen with Jathedar Makkar. It would be nice to know what was to be discussed by the R4GJ people with Makkar. Will he help highlight the problems of beadbi in the UK and the growth in party halls funded by sangats money to the Akal Takht ? I think not as soon as he jets back to India he will soon forget who he met and what issues were raised.