Noticed :| Some Thing At Nagar Kirtan..

Rocky_Singh

yesterday i was at a nagar kirtan a lot of sangat which was good..

i noticed some thing which got to me :wub:

girls ... the way dey dressed minor majority in suits but come on ur taking party in a nagar kirtan how do slevless top n chunni reflect this. ...

and another thing okay they gonna do it where do parents stand on dis who surely came with there children ....

another thing that got to me was hats :@ n hoods by "liccle 50 cent " wanna bes ...

where they hell is the noo to that especially in nagar kirtans ..

the only thing i dont get is yea youth are vulnerable but common the rents were busy

gossiping bout next aunties boi n girl etc ... where the <admin-profanity filter activated> is the sense there ? your in a nagar kirtan ...............

i seen more sense in non community members taking part ... remember a lot of people non sikhs look at us think yea thats wat they are they are community only we know what is wrong with us ... but then again ......

we here to do things for our selves but remmeber ... we aint gonna get no where if we are individual we got o be a brother hoooooooooooooood

long live

True say veerji..

i noticed that more females are getting away from Sikhi than males.

THis might be due to the fact that sikhi parchaar is focused more on the macho side of Sikhi. As in first introducing the Soldier side of Khalsa then slowly getting them inot the Saint side from there.. which i quite like as a technique.

So, it seems like the females are left out of all this.. There should be more parchaar for females.. as much as males.

Until we take this issue seriously, as a nation, we will continue to learn about more and more stories of how "sikh" girls are converted to Islam etc.

Guest lowest of the low singhni

maybe the girls need some encouragement from the singhs around them. most places you go, you're bombarded by pressure to look pretty and hairless. it's a big problem globally, but if singhs treated the girls with as much respect as they would like to have themselves even in everyday life maybe it might help. small steps could be the beginning of something bigger. these girls need to be helped, not shunned. otherwise many girls end up feeling rejected and dejected and it leads to the problem that our "proud to be singhni" bhenji highlighted recently in another thread. i know some girls from my area who have been shunned by the majority of the sangat because of the way they dress etc - but the girls don't think there's anything wrong with it, and the sangat's attitude has driven them further away from sikhi. the same happens when singhnis are not encouraged by their brothers or are treated as if they're worthless by the singhs they respect.

having discussion groups at the gurdware for bibian would help too... i've heard some of these coming into place in some English gurdware.

just some thoughts.

~l~

Daas was saddened to witness certain things in the Nagar Kirtan. Rab Rakha! Some suggestions of how we can IMPROVE things:

1. Awareness to Parents

- On Sundays Committee Sewadaars need to address these issues and get across the grim reality to the parents and compare it to what is expected by Guru Ji. Hopefully parents will think twice and ask their children to dress appropriately.

2. Awareness to Youngsters

- SIMPLE and SHORT flyers on key points of protocol and purpose of Nagar Kirtan.

- Before Easter holidays getting the local secondary schools to discuss and do a workshop on Vaisakhi Nagar Kirtan.

That's daas' vichaar.

Bhul chuk maaf.