Naam simran in Kirtan?

akjforever

In response to "bhanji's" post.

Simran in keertan is not a new thing. I am sure its been done for a long time since guru sahib's time. to your answer of why there's no dhuni allowed at Darbar sahib I'll answer that questoin with questions...

1. There's no jakara done at darbar sahib. Are you gona stop too?

2. There's no Pothi allowed at darbar sahib. Will you stop other people from using it at other places too?

3. Bibian are not allowed to do keertan in darbar sahib. Are you gona follow that too?

4. There's no 5 baneeya Nitnem done at darabar sahib. Only rehras and sohila. You gona stop doing nitnem in the morning too?

5. Guru sahib's saroop is brought in half way thru asa di war. Should that be done too at normal asa dee war programs?

If Guru sahib wanted to us to say waheguru when reading a shabad in keertan roop, then Guru sahib would have placed the shabad waheguru there.
well then I suppose the Raagis who do keertan in raags and do alaaps and sargams like sarey ga ma .... they are all wrong because guroo sahib could have put it in the gurbani if he wanted them to do that.
When keertan is done in raag, no dhunee is done, and it is said that that is how gurbanee ucharan keetee geyee se

e, so why would someone come and want to change how Akal purakh uttered Gurbanee through our Guru's?

Just because you haven't heard anyone do simran in raag keertan doesn't mean that there has been no simran done in the keertan done in raags. And I suppose you should always do keertan in RAAGS since guroo sahib wrote it in raags. wat do u think about that?

there is no reason that one should separate the beautiful Gurbanee Akal Purakh Himself gave us ,with our own matt.
I didn't know my guroo 's banee was so fragile that it could be broken and seperated with doing naam simran in between tuks.
Do you think we can make a shabad already so rich more beautiful by repeating waheguru in it?

yup! wubb.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. There's no jakara done at darbar sahib. Are you gona stop too?

2. There's no Pothi allowed at darbar sahib. Will you stop other people from using it at other places too?

3. Bibian are not allowed to do keertan in darbar sahib. Are you gona follow that too?

4. There's no 5 baneeya Nitnem done at darabar sahib. Only rehras and sohila. You gona stop doing nitnem in the morning too?

5. Guru sahib's saroop is brought in half way thru asa di war. Should that be done too at normal asa dee war programs?

Good questions ....

If Guru sahib wanted to us to say waheguru when reading a shabad in keertan roop, then Guru sahib would have placed the shabad waheguru there. We are to do gupt naam abhyaas (svaasaa naal) as often as we can, ideally all the time....

Bhenjee just a question how about using other baani de tukh in the shabad that ur singing.. loads of ppl does alaap with other baani de tukh (that has the similar meaning with the shabad that is bein sung) .. so is this considered wrong... :)

Bhul CHuk Maaf Karni

Hanji bhainjee what about alaaps that almost all ragis do, they are not in shabads, but I think they are read/sung to make the meaning more clear by giving other examples from bani so that a moorakh like me can understand it better. I personally think doing naam simran while singing shabads is really good for the sangat that is listening to kirtan. first of all dhan siri guru granth sahib ji maharaj is about one and only akal purakh di ustat and updesh to us (je

ev) to repeat His name (waheguru) again and again---

"Jo saas giraas dhiaaye mera har har so gursikh guru mann bhavay"

and

"Jann nanak dhoor mangay tis gursikh kee jo aap japah avarah naam japavay"

so kirtanis, when doing simran in shabad are doing what above pankti says. especially in akj kirtans when everyone in sangat is singing along and doing simran. I personally like kirtan in pure raags, but I really like going to akj kirtans because they do simran. and they are doing good job of getting the youth to come to samagams. it encourages singhs and singhnees to learn kirtan and more about sikhi. kids get exposed to doing naam simran and gursikhs and they want to be like them.

I believe there is no better place to do naam simran than in sangat. Bhai rama singh ji, in his book, said that if 100 people are doing naam simran together its ‘Fal’ is 100 time more than just doing it alone ( not saying that simran should be done for ‘fal’ alone). Because then you get to hear it 100 more times besides doing it yourself. Also, tell me guys who have been to akj keertans, doesn’t it feel like you are in sachkhand when kirtanis do simran in shabads and everyone in the sangat is doing it too. Guru sahib ji must be so happy to see his bache/bachiaa get together as sangat and do waheguru simran.

“Sat sangat kaisee janiai jithai eko naam vakhaaniai”

I have actually decided to limit my going to Gurdwara because all of the politics. Because everytime I go, I am criticized, and I come back angry :) @ . I think it is better to do kirtan at home or in GurSikh sangat.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I know what you mean akjforever, i have had the same experience here at gurudwara sahib. we used to do keertan everyday in sangat roop, but it hurt so much when after a week or so i found out that one of the committee members said we do it for money and we have nothing better to do. i decided not to go but thought i am not going to let these manmukhs stop me from going to gurudwara sahib and do keertan. wubb.gif guru sahib's watching everyone and if they think that way then its not my fault . i will just let them do their job and i will keep doing mine. i feel bad for people who criticize gurbani and keertan that they dont have sense to even realize how lucky we are to have guru granth sahib jee as our guru in kalyug and listen to gurbani keertan in the gurudwara sahib. well, i

will suggest you ignore these people and keep going as much as you can. and as you said you'll rather do it home, come on, we know it is not the same at home as it is in guru kee hajoori and in guru kee sangat.