Naam simran in Kirtan?

akjforever

before this arguement goes on!......letz all ask out self! :T: .......how much of banee do i read everyday? :@ how much of simran do i do everyday? :@ .........why are we even fighting about it?........if u get anand from it...GO ON! :@^_^ .........and if it doesn't suit u!....don't do it then! :@ .......BUT U HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL OTHERZ TO STOP REMEMBERING THEIR GURU THE WAY THEY LIKE AND LOVE!! :@:@

^_^ i am sorry if i offended u! ^_^

I second that. :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

If its a question of showing utmost respect for Gurbani or not, then it should be discussed.

IF ITS A QUESTION OF PRINCIPLE - WE ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO DISCUSS AN ISSUE AND IF NECESSARY TO STATE THAT A PERSONS BEHAVIOUR IS NOT IN CONSONANCE WITH GURMAT!

By mixing and matching Gurbani tuks in Kirtan, a person is breaking apart the Angs of Guru Sahib - that is a valid point of view which I have heard. To take a tuk from one Shabad and put it with another can give a totally different message from that which Guru ji wanted in composing the original Shabad. Who are we to judge which tuks are suitable to be mixed with which? Lets leave that to Guru Maharaj!

BTW I do ask myself all day how much bani I am doing, what thoughst are wandering in mind whilst in the office and out and about, why certain thoughts arise whilst attempting to do Naam Simran.

By mixing and matching Gurbani tuks in Kirtan, a person is breaking apart the Angs of Guru Sahib - that is a valid point of view which I have heard. To take a tuk from one Shabad and put it with another can give a totally different message from that which Guru ji wanted in composing the original Shabad. Who are we to judge which tuks are suitable to be mixed with which? Lets leave that to Guru Maharaj!
If its a question of showing utmost respect for Gurbani or not, then it should be discussed.

IF ITS A QUESTION OF PRINCIPLE - WE ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO DISCUSS AN ISSUE AND IF NECESSARY TO STATE THAT A PERSONS BEHAVIOUR IS NOT IN CONSONANCE WITH GURMAT!

if they are happy with how they remember guru sahib..........then what is wrong with u??.........veer jee...i have attended many akhand keertan programzz...IF THEY WERE WRONG THEN MAHARAJ HAS SAID SO.....BUT WHEN AKHAND KEERTAN IS OVER....THE HUKAMNAMA IS JUST......... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif ....makes the sangat nihal!!....maharaj had said nothin......who are u??? :T: ...... :@ :nihungsmile: :@:@^_^:@

Guest SikhForLife

veerji Guruvah i think ur missing the point.. i dnot think u need to condemn his opinions..

all he is stating is that breaking of Gurbani tuks should not be done.. as the meaning of the shabad isnt completed

quote from sandeep kaur's post

keertan is a form of naam as well...a form of kamayee...and although the message may say "naam jaapo" at that moment we are there to connect with bani...there is so much anandh in bani...we have to connect with the bani in keertan...it's easy to get into simran...but...we have to understand bani as well...

personally...i feel that when i started concentrating on the bani itself...and stopped doing simran in keertan...i feel that i've starting having more piyaar for bani...i'm not saying in any way that simran was taking me away from that..but in the keertan ...i would emphasize so much on the simran...i would make the simran make the keertan...and now...i allow the bani to make the keertan...and i personally feel that i get anandh from it...because of the bani itself...

i dun know...i can't explain it...but keertan is a form of naam...we should concentrate on the bani...there are deeper meanings to bani...besides just doign simran...there are life lessons...so much that we need to learn from bani...simran is number one...but there are also other messages in bani that are by-passed...that we need to start concentrating on while doing keertan...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I am not fighting about anything. The point made by bhenji about doing Naam Simran has not been responded to. I was also making the point in relation to tuks.

As regards Hukamnama's - how could you actually read negativity into any Shabad? Guru Granth Sahib ji is about Prem Bhagti - its not going say 'STOP DOING THIS TO ME!' Guru ji assumes his Sikhs will treat him with the respect that is due.

As regards,

Simran is remembering Waheguru 24/7, doing Kirtan is simran, as is katha, as is Naam simran, as is Muul Mantar simran, as is Guru Granth Sahib ji's paath (Sehaj and Akhand), as is Sukhmani Sahib paath.......

Who is telling you not to simr????? :@

Waheguru....

Admin Note: Confu Singh, so far up until this point you've shown yourself to be a clean debater. In this post you purposely tried to cause harm to the AKJ. (In words now edited out) Please be more careful of the words you use.