Going, Going...nearly Gone!

We have only got ourselves to blame. This problem stems from early 1990s when kar seva wale destruction teams moved in to start "renovation" work inside Baba Atal.

Rather than what we would consider renovation they thought it a great idea to get cheap nasty bathroom tiles and a few buckets of whitewash and give the interior a quick makeover.

The SGPC are mute spectators. It is ALLEGED that kar sewa wale pay backhanders to the SGPC bigwigs to get kar sewa projects.

Chief Deconstruction Baba Amrik Singh claimed in 2002 that "... the murals in Baba Atal would be repaired with colours and material used by the original artists". This destruction baba has still not done these repairs. So please be aware that these deconstruction mobsters tell blatent lies.

We must stop giving them any money and instead bring them to account for all the damage they have done. These baba have done more damage to our heritage than anyone else.

These people are out of control philistines without the slightest bit of intelligence or sense about our heritage. Who needs enemies when we have such blockheads and vulgar people amongst us? What an offence against the artistic heritage of Sikhs.

Replacing beautiful art of Sikhism with toilet tiles!

DISGUSTING!

These people are stupid crude and vulgar ignorant people. Have you ever heard of Catholics replacing the Sistine Chapel with toilet tiles?

What an slap to the face of Sikhs and our cultural and artistic heritage!

I bet this is the work of some overseas jathas who have more money than intelligence or sense - they just want their ego boosted and if they destroy Sikh art, in their philistine and stupid mental capabilities, they just see it as nothing to worry about. Toilet tiles over hundreds of years old paintings of Sikh art that is lost forever! So that a Birmingham or Toronto sangat can get their egos boosted and said we did seva! Their seva was to destory Sikh art and heritage!

What a joke! The Vatican protects its paintings in the Sistine Chapel - Sikhs spend money to scrape our paintings off the walls and cover them up with toilet tiles!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

It's very easy to blame the "KarSewa-Wale Babas". It is true that some heritage sites have had a botched job done to them, but that does not mean the whole KarSewa institution or its Sevaadaars can be maligned.

Where KarSewa do undertake Sewa, it is with the full co-operation of the SGPC. After all, legally, it is the SGPC that has responsibility for all historical Gurudwaras in India. And where they cannot maintain or upgrade these sites, the SGPC pass responsibility to KarSewa.

I've just come back from India about a month ago, and some of the KarSewa the "Babas" and their Jathas have done and are continuing to do is truly astonishing. They lead exemplary and inspiring GurSikhi jeevans - we can learn a lot of good virtues from them.

If we are not satisfied with the respect of Sikh heritage, primary responsibility lies with the SGPC, and on a wider Panthic level, with Akal Takhat.

It is easy to criticise KarSewa-Wale for the few things that have gone wrong, but their wider contribution to the Panth should not be ridiculed. I will write entries in my Blog about the historical role of their Seva and some of the Mahapurakhs in that institution when I have more time.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

It's very easy to blame the "KarSewa-Wale Babas". It is true that some heritage sites have had a botched job done to them, but that does not mean the whole KarSewa institution or its Sevaadaars can be maligned.

Where KarSewa do undertake Sewa, it is with the full co-operation of the SGPC. After all, legally, it is the SGPC that has responsibility for all historical Gurudwaras in India. And where they cannot maintain or upgrade these sites, the SGPC pass responsibility to KarSewa.

I've just come back from India about a month ago, and some of the KarSewa the "Babas" and their Jathas have done and are continuing to do is truly astonishing. They lead exemplary and inspiring GurSikhi jeevans - we can learn a lot of good virtues from them.

If we are not satisfied with the respect of Sikh heritage, primary responsibility lies with the SGPC, and on a wider Panthic level, with Akal Takhat.

It is easy to criticise KarSewa-Wale for the few things that have gone wrong, but their wider contribution to the Panth should not be ridiculed. I will write entries in my Blog about the historical role of their Seva and some of the Mahapurakhs in that institution when I have more time.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

160456[/snapback]

Please enlighten me and give me good examples of kar sewa. The only proper kar sewa I have seen over the last few years has been done to the Kalein Bein by the Seechan wala baba who is very aware of the environment etc. From such baba we can learn but from these ones bent on leaving their own mark everywhere there is nothing to learn.

Just a few weeks ago Amrik Singh got his kachara in a twist as his truck was not allowed to pass down a road, so rather than take a detour (as other drivers had to do) he staged a sit in on the road.

Give me details of good work done by Amrik Singh. He has a history of bodging work up. Just a few weeks ago we had posts on his replacing old paintings with comic book pictures at Darbar Sahib (Tarn Tarn). The man is a one man heritage destruction robot. Who needs enemies when we have Amrik Singh.

Just as you would not get a dustman to come and rewire your house we should not allow these concrete and white wash loving kar sewa wale undertaking any renovation work.

Go to Haryana and see the work of these kar sewa wale. Visit DamDhan Sahib Gurdwara and see how due to jealousy and rivalry they built their own langaar hall. Soon their was friction and accusations of corruption between themselves and another langaar hall was built. So this one historic Gurdwara now has three langaar halls all built out of squabbles between the kar sewa wale.

Kar seva is big business. When a site is opened for Kar Seva the person behind it can start to wave the "kar seva" flag and the sangat dutifully responds with donations.

As a result the "KAr Sevaks" have to demonstrate that they have done something that was worth donating to, hence the need to replace the modest and artistically intricate and valuable buildings of the past with monstrous and ostentatious modern structures.

The SGPC doesn’t just hand over the keys to any kar sevaks to do a job. They want a cut too, so the Kar Sevaks effectively bid for the premiere sites with cash. That is how the economics of the process works.

In all this the real victim is our priceless heritage and also the whole concept of Kar Seva. It is far from a selfless act of service .. it is a business proposition.

The key to turning this around is education. Sangat must not give money to those destroying heritage and Kar Sevaks have to understand that they must only do work with guidance from heritage bodies.

After all, the priceless heritage of the Sikhs belongs to all of us, it is not the property of any statutory body to pass off to the highest bidder.