Jhatka Meat

Fateh Ji

it shudnt matter how you kill an animal, eating flesh is eating flesh, killing is killing, everything in this world which we eat has life.

i read on a sikh website once ....(this is in my own words, ill try to find the real article) each and everything we eat ,we take on ther karams of that thing, vegitation has very little karams, unlike animals who have bigger karams , so eating meat will mean u take on more karams upon your head.

but i think , ppl eat meat to satisfy there taste buds, and these are excuses so that they feel they are not doing wrong.

but i think that if we can survive without meat then we shud............. why shud we all these animals be killed across the world just for our taste buds, do these ppl not hav any feels for all of the Gods creation being slaughtered? Check out thePETA website for more info.

i also think that the quotesfrom gurbani tell us that we shudnt eat maas............... however it also says that we shudnt argue over this..........with my last point being that , why not try to control ur attachment and live healthier lives eating vegetables................everything like protien is found in vegetables, and we can survive with out meat........

One or 2 new ideas may come out of yet another discussion but the fact is that starting the whole thing again only adds to tensions on the board and most people get excited over this.

Best to do a search on this site to find the discussions that have already taken place, you will find it is usually just repeating itself over and over.

It isn't really an issue that is dividing the panth, yes it is a big issue, but it is not something that leads one brother to keep awar from the other brother. Most people have learnt to accept the difference in opinion.

In my opinion there's isn't anything wrong with eating meat and I also don't believe our guru's did either.

What people don't seem to understand is that a vegetarian diet is infact more harmful to the earth than a balanced diet. In order to grow grains and vegetables you need large amounts of land which require large areas of forests to be cut down. This automatically kills whole populations of the many different wild animals which would have lived there. One of the main reasons animal species are endangered today is loss of habitat because us humans want everything for ourselves and if we were to solely live on vegetarian diets the rate of habitat loss would greatly increase. Secondly the domestic animals such as cows and chickens don't really serve a purpose in the earth's ecosystems as they are bred by man to basically be our slaves unlike wild animals each of which is needed to keep the environment healthy. And it is these animals that are killed so that land could be set aside to grow crops. They may not be killed directly but nonethless they do die as a result.

ok i think i found u a solution to the "meat" problem.....do this - do lots of naam simran and get an avastsa like rom rom simran......then when u get to this state eat some meat and if ur avasta goes down the toilet u'll knw not to eat meat.  :TH:

160798[/snapback]

haha nice one!! LOL.gif Everyone try it! Every Gursikh i know does not eat meat... i dont think you can develop any spirituality if you eat meat. How can you love God and at the same time murder & eat his creatures?

In my opinion there's isn't anything wrong with eating meat and I also don't believe our guru's did either.

What people don't seem to understand is that a vegetarian diet is infact more harmful to the earth than a balanced diet. In order to grow grains and vegetables you need large amounts of land which require large areas of forests to be cut down. This automatically kills whole populations of the many different wild animals which would have lived there. One of the main reasons animal species are endangered today is loss of habitat because us humans want everything for ourselves and if we were to solely live on vegetarian diets the rate of habitat loss would greatly increase. Secondly the domestic animals such as cows and chickens don't really serve a purpose in the earth's ecosystems as they are bred by man to basically be our slaves unlike wild animals each of which is needed to keep the environment healthy. And it is these animals that are killed so that land could be set aside to grow crops. They may not be killed directly but nonethless they do die as a result.

160886[/snapback]

i think more animals are endangerd by hunting rather than farmlands rite? Look at how many people eat fish!! I think a few years ago they had a shortage of fish in the east coast of Canada because of so many fishers! So many people eat meat, i really doubt farmlands are causing most of the decrease in population of animals.

Mod: Topic Closed.