Sant Word

For me bhai kahn singh nabha mahan kosh being approved from jathedar of takth don't matter much considering the sad state of panth these days(UNLESS off course SARBAT KHALSA IS CALLED AND THEN DECIDED), i mentioned stamp of sri akaal takth so people who are more influenced by sgpc can also see this text is quite credible because the organization they seem to follow they themselves proved it.

I have never been influenced by the SGPC. This is quite evident in my posts concerning the SGPC. I have always considered them as a sort of cancer which hopefully will one day be destroyed.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the prof, I want to know what he has to say about that too. It is supposed to be a fact so I guess he secretly respects sants?

Repspectig person is different from what is Gurmat. Someone could be wrong about a point or two about Gurmat but there is still respect. Also there has been no one with the label of Sant before 1880s.

Regarding the prof, I want to know what he has to say about that too. It is supposed to be a fact so I guess he secretly respects sants?

Also there has been no one with the label of Sant before 1880s.

you forgot Sant Sadharan named by Guru Amar Das because of his devotion. It is in Mehima Prakash by Sarup Das Bhalla, reprinted by Bhasha Vibhag.

Also bhagat ramanand ji was also labelled as Sant in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Also there has been no one with the label of Sant before 1880s.

you forgot Sant Sadharan named by Guru Amar Das because of his devotion. It is in Mehima Prakash by Sarup Das Bhalla, reprinted by Bhasha Vibhag.

Also bhagat ramanand ji was also labelled as Sant in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Maybe you fotgot that that granth is written how many years later?????????

Maybe you don't know but even in Mahan Kosh it doesn't mention him being given any Sant title. Who is more authentic Bhai Kaan Singh Nabha or saroop dass bhulla? I take Bhai Kaan Singh Nabha!

Regardless if bhai kahn singh nabha gave or didn't give any title in Mahan Kosh, that's not the point the point is he proved that sant title is state of mind and anyone can get to that state of mind, sant title is not limited to Vahiguroo only...do you not agree? If yes, then whats wrong with people calling people "sant" who have reached that state of mind because direct spiritual expereinces they go through in the sangat of those gurmukhs.

Now your query on how come there were no sants before 1900's ..it be very childish to think there were no sants before 1900's ...they were by god's grace were loads of sants right from the beginning to benefit human kind..however i agree with you, offically sant title which is not a degree but state of mind title became more offical when "Cheif Khalsa Divan" with members like- Bhai Vir Singh Ji and your sgpc /tat khalsa gave "Baba Attar Singh Ji Mustaneywaley" title of - Sirimoni Sant ..now at this point- only thing happened was that Sant title became more offical ..people have been using that title from beginning but in a different for example- so on and so baba ji has a sant avastha..only diffference after cheif khalsa divan gave this title to baba attar singh ji mustaneywaley that now shardlu's can use title- sant so on and so forth to show the respect and pay the full respect these naam abhyasi individual which mind you they fully deserve.

You want to blame someone regarding sant title given out, how about you start with blaming your sikhi institutions like- SGPC, Cheif Khalsa Divan and Tat Khalsa? stop being hypocrite.. clean up gand under your bed before blaming someone else.

Here is excellent audio lecture by baba jagjit singh ji harkhowale on people who have allergy on word "Sant" or "Sants" in Khalsa Panth:

Download link: http://www.khalis.net/SikhAwareness/Audio/...0on%20sants.mp3

Listen to The Khalsa Fauji, you will learn something new today. You have to understand, sikhi is not based or revolve around your usual prof sahib singh translations, prof darshan singh or sgpc, missionary parchar ONLY.

How about this for a suggestion...

People say the word sant was either never used, or very rarely used in the past.

And they then say that in the past gursikhs had titles like 'Bhai' and 'Baba'.

Well to fuel the fire of revolution how about claiming back the titles of 'Bhai' and 'Baba'??

If we say that gurikhs like bhai mani singh ji were given the respect they deserved with the additon of the word 'bhai', then are we not (using the language of the people who dont like the word sant) insulting them by referrring to so so many sikhs today as 'bhai xyz' etc. Every guy with a vaja is a 'bhai'. Every keertani doing vaheguru simran is a 'bhai' are we therefore suggesting that they are on the same level as bhai taru singh ji etc?

Any thoughts on this? This is a topic different to the use of the word sant and yet also related, just thought it would add a bit of dimension to the usual ramblings!