nanaksar.org

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:TH: Anjaan Ji, thanks for the reply.

If I am not mistaken is there not a Gurdwara two minutes walk from the park on Newhampton Road (edit. just checked using the Gurdwara GPS POI file and there is a Gurdwara very close by). Why not end the Nagar Kirtan there instead of taking Guru Ji to a park where the exact things we get upset about when people want to take Guru Ji to hotels take place. The organisers of this Nagar Kirtan and especially the mela have a lot to answer for. They are fecilitating beadbi. Shame on those involved with the Sikh Council of Gurdwara in Wolverhampton.

I am not surprised those caterers continue to make money at our expense. Next thing you know these Wolverhampton wale will ask some naraqtharis to run the langar tent.

yup you're totally right Kurtas ji, there is a Gurdwara right near the park, it would be ideal to end the nagar kirtan there; to see the organisers of this event in all their glory please see front cover of this week's 'awaze quam'; they talk about waking the youth up maybe it's time they did too!

If I am not mistaken is there not a Gurdwara two minutes walk from the park on Newhampton Road (edit. just checked using the Gurdwara GPS POI file and there is a Gurdwara very close by). Why not end the Nagar Kirtan there instead of taking Guru Ji to a park where the exact things we get upset about when people want to take Guru Ji to hotels take place. The organisers of this Nagar Kirtan and especially the mela have a lot to answer for. They are fecilitating beadbi. Shame on those involved with the Sikh Council of Gurdwara in Wolverhampton.

I am not surprised those caterers continue to make money at our expense. Next thing you know these Wolverhampton wale will ask some naraqtharis to run the langar tent.

yup you're totally right Kurtas ji, there is a Gurdwara right near the park, it would be ideal to end the nagar kirtan there; to see the organisers of this event in all their glory please see front cover of this week's 'awaze quam'; they talk about waking the youth up maybe it's time they did too!

LOL.gif Waking the youth up. Appears to me that the organisers need waking and help to understand that commerce does not take precedence over Sikhi & its teachings and more importantly they should stop the beadbi.

Awaze Quam is always touted as a panthic paper so why are they giving the time of day to these organisers who not only do beadbi but allow people who follow a human Sat-Guru to have food stalls at the mela ? I suppose their office is not too far from the mela and it gives them a chance to get out and have samosa and barfi.

MS Nijjar Ji, you appear to have links to the Sikh Council in Wolverhampton can you please ask them why these Namdharis are allowed a stall every year and what steps they going to take to stop the beadbi.

LOL.gif Waking the youth up. Appears to me that the organisers need waking and help to understand that commerce does not take precedence over Sikhi & its teachings and more importantly they should stop the beadbi.

Awaze Quam is always touted as a panthic paper so why are they giving the time of day to these organisers who not only do beadbi but allow people who follow a human Sat-Guru to have food stalls at the mela ? I suppose their office is not too far from the mela and it gives them a chance to get out and have samosa and barfi.

MS Nijjar Ji, you appear to have links to the Sikh Council in Wolverhampton can you please ask them why these Namdharis are allowed a stall every year and what steps they going to take to stop the beadbi.

Veer Jee, I do not have any direct connections with the Council of Gurdwaras (Wolverhampton) but have an idea on how to get in touch with them, all sangat in Wolverhamton should do this. This 'Naamdhari issue' should be dealt with seriously and not just left on forums then forgotten (I never even knew they had such stalls :shock: ). They should be informed and advised directly as they won't really find out from here, this is just to inform the sangat of whats going on who come on here. I'm sure the council will take note of suggestions for future events (Hopefully).

d_oh.gifVaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

Veer Jee, I do not have any direct connections with the Council of Gurdwaras (Wolverhampton) but have an idea on how to get in touch with them, all sangat in Wolverhamton should do this. This 'Naamdhari issue' should be dealt with seriously and not just left on forums then forgotten (I never even knew they had such stalls :shock: ). They should be informed and advised directly as they won't really find out from here, this is just to inform the sangat of whats going on who come on here. I'm sure the council will take note of suggestions for future events (Hopefully).

d_oh.gifVaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

Here the Namdharis just have a food stall, what about Southall Nagar Kirtan where they have a float giving out anti gurmat parchar? What about Vaisakhi in the Trafalgar Square where they are the kirtanis and giving out the langar? What about Raj Academy where Namdharis are the "Ustaads" of Raag? What about recent concerts like Music of the Sikhs?? When did Namdharis represent Sikhs!!!

I really hope Wolverhampton Council of Gurdwaras stop this Mela!! Then Namdharis can sell their Channe at Ek Niwas :lol:

"I really hope Wolverhampton Council of Gurdwaras stop this Mela!! Then Namdharis can sell their Channe at Ek Niwas "

hehehehe.....

hmmm... i no longer see the point in the mela....its just turned in2 a circus....when we have such a great nagar kirtan here, y do we need the mela???

VJKK VJKF,

Vaisakhi Nagar Kirtan and Mela tomorrow (30th April) in Wolverhampton starting from Guru Nanak Satsang Gurdwara, Cannock Road, Wolverhampton and then passing all Gurdwaras in Wolverhampton reaching West Park and Approx. 1pm.

A feature of this years Mela in West Park is the "Sikhi Tent" for the youth aimed specifically for our youngsters. The Tent will include:

* multimedia presentations

* Lectures

* Sikhi Arts

* Martial Arts and Gatka Displays

* Sikhi competitions

and lots more.....

The aim is to reach Sikh Youth at the mela who are otherwise unreachable....ie never come to the gurdwara etc.

They should really have one nagar kirtan from cannok road past sedgly and then onto west park instead the Gurdwaras pointlessly have two seperate nagar kirtans rolleyes.gif

VJKK VJKF,

Vaisakhi Nagar Kirtan and Mela tomorrow (30th April) in Wolverhampton starting from Guru Nanak Satsang Gurdwara, Cannock Road, Wolverhampton and then passing all Gurdwaras in Wolverhampton reaching West Park and Approx. 1pm.

A feature of this years Mela in West Park is the "Sikhi Tent" for the youth aimed specifically for our youngsters. The Tent will include:

* multimedia presentations

* Lectures

* Sikhi Arts

* Martial Arts and Gatka Displays

* Sikhi competitions

and lots more.....

The aim is to reach Sikh Youth at the mela who are otherwise unreachable....ie never come to the gurdwara etc.

They should really have one nagar kirtan from cannok road past sedgly and then onto west park instead the Gurdwaras pointlessly have two seperate nagar kirtans rolleyes.gif

I think there is a reason for that. The people at Sedgley Street do not want to be seen participating in a mela where beadbi takes place and where those who laugh at the words Guru Manoa Granth are allowed Samosa & Kulfi stands.

From what I hear the Sikh Council in Wolverhampton is mainly the preserve of a few people. They like to have the mela as it raises their profile. Maybe if they invite enough MPs and council wale they may get on to the honours list. They are proper 100% pansies. They allow Guru Ji to be taken for a short time to a park where there is drinking, smoking and even dog$hit. The whole thing is a sham and just an excuse to have a party.