Nagar Kirtan And Mela

nanaksar.org

No meat, drinking, smoking has or ever was allowed at Wolverhampton. You may be confusing this with other mela's

Maybe.

Instead of putting the Mela down we should be getting more involved so that we can educate our youth in Sikhi. Do you have any other ideas on how to make it better?

If you think a mela is going to help educate our youth then you are mistaken. We have Sikhi camps for that and they do a fine job of educating the youth. This mela is just an annual knees up and for the old pradhans to get on stage with a few council wale and one or two MP.

What I do know about the funds is that every year they struggle to raise enough money for the Nagar Kirtan/Mela. I will ask for a full audit of accounts for this years event and post it here. If you want more then feel free to attend the next Council Meeting. Contact me for further info.

Whats that the Council of Sikh Gurdwaras in Wolverhampton ? Is there not a Mandir included in that grouping ? I would rather sit in a bath of vinegar than attend one of those meetings.

I have a few ideas. Stop all the commercial exploitation stalls at the site. I am sure the bibian in Wolverhampton could make a few thousand extra samosa for the event which could be served in the langar tent. Stop all sales of those Kesri flags with khanda in them, that the youth buy and missuse for the after mela bhangra parties. Organise the stage better. I doubt you will take any of thee suggestions up as the mela has become a commercial event, just like xmas.

Several years ago I was taken aback at the sight of some namdhari caterer from Birmingham allowed to sell samosa and kulfi's at the Wolverhampton Mela. How can the organisers allow people who openly disregard the teachings of Guru Ji to make money at a mela organised to celebrate the founding of the Khalsa ? Whatever next naraqtharis being allowed to run a few stalls ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL the dudley road thing is soooo truee...there was a bit of an "uproar" Lol a few weeks back cuz dudley road was shut haha..& they thoguht it wouldn't b reopened in time 4 them 2 act like a bunch of bhandhars in their cars. :lol:

Same as usual then. I see the population of the dudley road monkeys has been inflated by lots of fauji (illegal immigrants). Some of the monkeys are still wearing armbands with Khanda on them. The manmohan waaris wannabe even has a Khanda on the back of his kurta.

I would love to spar a few rounds with these monkeys wearing 18oz gloves

post-2624-1146568729.jpg

post-2624-1146568745.jpg

post-2624-1146568755.jpg

this dudley road thing happened after the mela; the park where the mela was hosted is a couple of miles away; the guy making the film didn't focus too much on the cars on dudley road, there was a few Gursikhs there taking all the flags down off of cars whose owners were smoking etc

man im embarassed... blush.gif

idiots... that monmohan warris wannab needed a salp...i saw him at the mela...actin like a HERO chekin out the girls... :lol:

there was alot of fights as well after on dudley road.. no.gif

Ohh yeah...a couple of them are freshies...dancing infront of the "APNA PUNJAB" club..says it aaaalll no.gif

Thats why the mela is a huge waste of time and resources. The same is true of the Birmingham mela. The event is used as a gathering point for these badmash gangsta lafange, who then go on and block roads and generally give Sikhs in the UK a bad name.

These monkeys do not care about the Sikhi tent or what Vasaikhi means to Sikhs. Why waste money and make an effort for these idiots. The whole money spent on the event could be used to help improve the living standards of our neglected Sikilgar and Vanjara brothers in India. This would be great sewa and also help us truly increase the number of Sikhs who genuinly want to come back to into the Sikh fold.

Pinku Sikh did mention the police were taking no rubbish this time but once again these monkeys have got away with it. I think it is time the Sikh Council of Gurdwara to sit down with the police and tell them straight that any disturbances/ anti social behaviour should be dealt with strictly. I think the police are afraid to take action as then some of the so called leaders will accuse them of being racist etc.