• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

akj rehat maryaada is closest to gurmat

3 baniaa nitnem?

where did tht come from?

certainly not guru ji

rehit and gurmat has been distorted ova the years, so tht ppl strt thinkin raagmala is gr8 and kes is the 5th kakaar.

kaljug is scary

its funny isnt it.even though its stated by quite a few people...(akj's) that akj rehat maryada is the closest to gurmat, still these same akj's continue to debate and go agaisnt the panth.bhai randhir singh would never go against the panth.

it may be the case that akj maryada is the closest to gurmat, but to be honest veryones gone so far away from gurmat and orginial akj maryada that its become impossible to distinguish amongst other branches-i.e tapoban, who believe they are the proper akj's

i guess we should just follow what it says in gurugranthsahibji, read up on history and when weve got the basic understanding of gurugranthsahibji and gurmat, then i guess its easier to see which maryada is based most on gurmat and which one we should follow

yeh rehat and gurmat really has been distorted so much so that people seem to focus so much more on arguing about very minor things, rather than just getting on with their own sikhi.

the kaljug is that we are all confused-we all think we are on the right path....that is kaljug.in fact i believe were all way off the path altogether, in fact i think were in the wrong garden all together, forget the wrong path.

d_oh.gif

(but what is panth? cos "panth" goes meat is ok, bhai sahib sed no)

Bhai Randhir Singh was involved in the discussion of the Rehit Maryada. If you've got the authority to say no to that..then go to SGPC and ask them to remove his name from the maryada.

The "true" Maryada is that of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, which his Khalsa has full right to make decision over.

He has given the Khalsa full authority, sicne he made the Khalsa Panth and Guru Granth into Guru.

Bhai Randhir Singh was involved in the discussion of the Rehit Maryada. If you've got the authority to say no to that..then go to SGPC and ask them to remove his name from the maryada.

The "true" Maryada is that of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, which his Khalsa has full right to make decision over.

He has given the Khalsa full authority, sicne he made the Khalsa Panth and Guru Granth into Guru.

Yes I concur.

Even Guru Gobind Singh ji bowed to the will of consensus (Gurmatta) of his Sikhs. That has been demonstrated in history. True democratic values in practice in a faith some 300 years before the USA enshrined it in their constitution!!!

The Rehit Marayada issue goes to the very heart of being a Sikh....if you cannot accept the will of consensus (Gumatta) within Sikhism....a fundamental condition then you must question your beliefs in Sikhism!!

akj rehat maryaada is closest to gurmat

3 baniaa nitnem?

where did tht come from?

certainly not guru ji

rehit and gurmat has been distorted ova the years, so tht ppl strt thinkin raagmala is gr8 and kes is the 5th kakaar.

kaljug is scary

its funny isnt it.even though its stated by quite a few people...(akj's) that akj rehat maryada is the closest to gurmat, still these same akj's continue to debate and go agaisnt the panth.bhai randhir singh would never go against the panth.

it may be the case that akj maryada is the closest to gurmat, but to be honest veryones gone so far away from gurmat and orginial akj maryada that its become impossible to distinguish amongst other branches-i.e tapoban, who believe they are the proper akj's

i guess we should just follow what it says in gurugranthsahibji, read up on history and when weve got the basic understanding of gurugranthsahibji and gurmat, then i guess its easier to see which maryada is based most on gurmat and which one we should follow

yeh rehat and gurmat really has been distorted so much so that people seem to focus so much more on arguing about very minor things, rather than just getting on with their own sikhi.

the kaljug is that we are all confused-we all think we are on the right path....that is kaljug.in fact i believe were all way off the path altogether, in fact i think were in the wrong garden all together, forget the wrong path.

d_oh.gif

(but what is panth? cos "panth" goes meat is ok, bhai sahib sed no)

Bhai Sab said he accepted the will of the Paanth or Gurmatta........ but he said that Vegetarianism for HIM was the right choice....and that is/was a totally acceptable point. ....he did not condemn meat eaters as being anti-Sikh..........or condemn that followed the Sikh Rehot Marayada....Sikhism does not impose a certain diet.....it has a set of certain core values that are the Rehit Marayada.

Good stuff guys! Keep it up. Make Guru Ji proud by preaching the true maryada.

what is the true maryada

:lol: :@ :wub: :wub: @ :wub: @ :wub: @ :@:):)grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

The one published by Gurmatta....and is available on www.sgpc.net.......Khalsa Fauj has pointed this out.

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

'http://www.damdamitaksal.com/lit_rehat_18.htm'

Radha Soamis and other groups whom claim themselves to be the Guru and do not accept Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as the Guru. These groups are not to be

associated with, married into or meals taken with them. If they take Amrit from Panj Pyare, keep the Khalsa Rehat and accept Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as their Guru then they can be associated with and they are our brothers and sisters.

Christians, Muslims, Hindus etc do not accept Sri guru Granth Sahib ji as their Guru, should we not associate or take meals with them too?... Radha Soami is not a part of the Sikh faith, and they openly say it. They do not plocaim to be successors of Guru Gobind Singh Ji or Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

^^^

im talking about Radha Soami of Beas, i dont know much about the other groups.. maby the site is refering to other rs groups that do claim to be Sikh Guru's in which case would make my above comment null and void :lol: @

Vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

from what i understand the difference arent that big, only on certain issues:

meat issue: all maryadas ban it apart from SGPC and maybe some nihung sects

keski as kakaar: only akj and i think 3HO accept this, rest of the panth say kes is kakaar

5 bania as minimum: most of panth say 5 bania but SGPC say 3

Where bani is read up to (namely chaupai sahib)

Naam dhrirh: not entirely sure about this but i think again, akj and 3HO say you only get gurmanter from the punj if u have naam dhrirh...

Thats the main difference really. lol.

Hi Munjoth I thought I'd doctor you post a bit.....

from what i understand the difference arent that big, only on certain issues:

meat issue: all other sect maryadas ban it apart from SGPC ( which is the SIKH Marayada derived from consensus of all Sikh groups) and maybe some nihung sects.

keski as kakaar: only akj and i think 3HO accept this, rest of the panth say kes is kakaar (as per Sikh or sgpc marayada)

5 bania as minimum: most of the sects of the panth say 5 bania but SGPC (which is the Sikh marayada derived by consensus from all Sikh groups) say 3

Where bani is read up to (namely chaupai sahib)

Naam dhrirh: not entirely sure about this but i think again, akj and 3HO say you only get gurmanter from the punj if u have naam dhrirh...

Thats the main difference really. lol.

Regards :@