Im Lost

Guest som1

Guest som1

i used to be a really good gursikh..

i woke up at amritvela everyday and did bani, would never even consider considering the idea of cutting my kes or eating meat..

etc, etc...

but recently things hav changed and i barely do mool mantar once a month......

ive made a LOT of stupid mistakes and ive screwed up really bad

i dont know what to do and i have know idea whats going to happen now

i need to fix my life and get back on the path to god but everytime i try to do bani, my mind wanders to stupid things and i cant concentrate....its so frustrating!

ive even almost considered cutting my kes!

this is really getting bad and i need help now...before its too late

Guest Guest

bhenji/bhaiji.... Guruji is testing you.... everyone has to go through tests to reach him....however one should be strong and have faith in God as he is the only one who could help you at this moment...do suchee ardass to guruji and He will listen to you...u'll hear this nearly from everyone but trust noone will able to help you or understand you more than guruji...

...everyone makes mistakes as we are human...i mean ive done soooo many mistakes wouldnt even know where to start from :lol:

but you should always learn from your mistakes... i beleive that " guruji helps those who help themselves"...therefore you need to keep you rehit.. even if you cannot concentrate while reading bani...theres always hope .... also it does not mean you have a choice to get your kesh cut...this will make things even worse and obviously you dont want things to get worse as you have come hear for help and to get back on track huna? blush.gif

anything that will help you to get back on track, doing sewa reading and listenin to kirtan + bani..whatever that helps do it!! every effort you put in counts :TH: ..however you should neva think too much of yourself (as that happens with me sometimes)..."oooooo i have read this much bani today, guruji will be happy" your not doing it for guruji but for yourself and everything that you do happens under his will, every concentration that is put in its all because guruji has blessed you to read his bani etc...

sowie if theres alot to read lol blush.gif

may guruji bless you!

bhul chuk maaf

fatehjee

Gurfateh ji

thank u for sharing. atleast u realized that u r lost! people dont even realize that. am no good sikh myself but yes i do wish become one. we need to do ARDAS first n foremost before Guru ji right n HE will show us the way........ keep doing paath........ as much as u can. even doing simran for 5 mins can make a world of difference.... if u have the will u wont wander.....

u mentioned u had a beautiful life..... got up at amritvele.... well u can have it again ji.......... when u do Benti before Guru Maharaj HE will surely answer ur prayer....have FAITH. and plz plz i beg of u dont spoil the saroop Guru Maharj has blessed u with.... dont even think of doing kesa di bedbi ji... just a request is all i can do. we sikhs are very lucky & blessed to have this beautiful saroop Maharaj gifted us........ we have to keep HIS LAAJ!

Guru rakha

INSPIRATION

thats what you need

you need to feel inspired by sikhi n ur guru

get some positive sangat.

stay around those people who are rehitvaan n have genuine love

hopefully they will inspire you

i have a particular sangat who i always contact or think of when i feel like quitting

or when i dont see the point nemre.

do things out of love

BE INSPIRED!!!!! :nihungsmile:

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

yeah, i think sangat makes a real difference, i u can enroll yourself in any programs where u can meet other youth. go do seva at the gurdwara everyday...rem, we take one step towards God and God takes thousands towards us....it's a test, now show us you can pass it.

i woke up at amritvela everyday and did bani, would never even consider considering the idea of cutting my kes or eating meat..

etc, etc...

i need to fix my life and get back on the path to god but everytime i try to do bani, my mind wanders to stupid things and i cant concentrate....its so frustrating!

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

Veerjee/Bhainjee, making mistakes is nothing to be ashamed off jee. I think many of us have to make a seris of mistakes to get where we are today, and that is on the paath to gurujee. When we are born, we start off at the bottom of the spirtuall staircase(as i call it), and as we progress or get older we want to climb higher on the spirtual staircase to reach the door, but many of us cant, becuase there are barriers.

For example, on the 10th step there is a big rock, and for one to continue on the staircase one has to figure out how to remove that rock. Thats what you are doing jee. Removing the barrier from your staircase. Gurujee has put a major test on you.

He starts his children off, with the grace of reciting baani with the mouth, hearing baani with the ears, doing sewa with your hands, etc. However he then wants to see how much devotion and love we really do have in us, or is it all ego?

You test has arrived jee. He is testing your love, your faith, your pyaar, your devotion, your surrender towards him.

When one's mind wanders reading baani, that means ones mind is not continiuosly abosrbed in the beauty of gurbani. No matter if i 'think' i know the meanings of baani, i always sit with a gurmukhi/english gutka. Which means, the gurmukhi on one side of the page, and the english translations on the other side. This makes me sit there while reciting the line, read the meaning. It helps you concentrate more, and your not just saying it, without.. knowing what your saying. When you recite baani with your mouth, but dont hear it with your ears, your not concentrating.. Understand what your saying, and you will find the answers jeeo.

Alot of the time, we dont do enough simran to make our minds become one-pointed and focused on guru sahib.

Without simran, one does not meditate on the lord, and one does not gain concentration.

Even if you feel your not gaining much, you are.. so keep on trying, and keep on doing ardaas jeeo.

Pitaa jee, is listening, you just need to realize your being heard, and that he will answer your prayers in due time. However in the mean time, dont loose faith that he will help you. Beucase jee, he will

When you realize the divine beauty of sikhi, you will not want to or even desire the slightest bit of cutting the beautiful gift of hair that guru sahib has presented forth to you.

Tell me this, if guru sahib were to come knock on your door, and you had cut your kes, what would he think?

Your a singh/singhnee! You have to be strong about your faith jee.

I know you can get through this, and so does gurujee.

Take care

Bull chaak maaph karnee jee.

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

etc, etc...

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

yo panji/veerji.....i can seriously understand wat u goin through.......cuz at first wen ur jus startin this wonderful rehat.....it seems simple.....but then after ur used to it kinda....its hard to keep up wid....it happens....cuz i goin through same thing.....all da other posts are excellent! :TH: ....like written in one uv da posts....be inspired!....cuz it was becuz uv inspiration dat ima here in this position.....lookin for da path to guru ji........u understood ur mistakes though......keep doin ardas......at least do simran durin da dai....then do ardas.....ur growin farther apart from guru ji becuz uv HIM.....you'll go bak to HIM becuz uv HIM.....hope dat made sense blush.gif .....HE knows how u growin farther apart from HIM....HE's jus waitin for you to realize this fully and soon u'll be back to ur normal self......shyt......i found a gurbani slok on a site b4 and it fits perfectly wid wat ya goin through....yet i dun rememeber da site blush.gif ....LOLz....sorry.....and heart is very correct......probably all uv us here did some sort uv mistakes do be where we are todai....i know i sure did....like someone told me from da sangat here....no one's perfect...if we all wer perfect then we would be in so much chardi kala that soon we would have hankaar in ourselves no.gif (this is somethin someone told me,i myself know nunn blush.gif ).......but make sure u get back on da path soon......cuz my panji told me.....it takes three daiz to stop doin good habits.....while it takes 3 years to stop doin bad habits.....so jap naam pray.gif ...i know its hard....especially wen u cant concentrate....or atleast listen to simran/keertan from radio,tv,cd's,etc..but dun become like me cuz i jus get way too depressed....dun take tension to heart panji/veerji.....it'll work out....its all guru ji's doings :e: ....u wanna be dat good gursikh.....then das wat u will be......as long as u keep faith in guru ji :TH: bhul chuk muaf ji....

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh