Is It Right For A Husband 2 Tell His Wife 2 Cut Her Hair?

4RR

WGJKWGJF

Somthing is really bugging me big time. You see, my puwa recently got married a few months ago. Her husband is a really nice person, but he obviously doesn't share the same beliefs which my puwa follows. You see, he's told her (not asked) to cut her hair for him. He doesn't think about our religion, otherwise he wouldn't think as though he could just tell my puwa what she has to do.

My puwa values Sikhism, and is proud that she has never once cut her hair. She's under a lot of pressure from her in-laws as well, and really do feel for her. She shouldn't have to be in this situation!!!!!!! :@

Does anyone have any similar stories which has happened to them or any advice which they could give me please. I think my puwa would definitely appreciate the support...

Oh, by the way her husband is from India...You'd think he would have more Ukkul wouldn't you!!!

Cheers, 4RR

My puwa values Sikhism, and is proud that she has never once cut her hair. She's under a lot of pressure from her in-laws as well, and really do feel for her. She shouldn't have to be in this situation!!!!!!! :@

no she shudn't have do be in this situation..... she's never cut her hair once....y should she hav 2 now?? especially seein as she kept it for religious reasons. grin.gif

(nope ppl frm india dont hav moore akkal then us...)

i hope it works out 4 her..

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

Speak to your puwa and tell her about reasons of keeping hair and stuff, but i agree with k

she's never cut her hair once....y should she hav 2 now?? especially seein as she kept it for religious reasons.

That is true and i agree with that statement

VJKK VJKF!

Forgive me if i have made any mistakes or offended anybody!

WJKK WJKF

i agree.....she shouldnt have to cut her hair.....and wow her husbands from india and he's telling her to do so....wow......btu why would he tell his wife to cut her hair?.....shouldnt he be happy that his wife is a good person and she follows her religion well.....try tokin to him maybe....jus be calm and tok about sikhi and wat kes are for a sikh.....jus dun start argueing.....keep ur kool and try explaining.....good luck! bhul chuk muaf

WJKK WJKF

GuruFatej Ji

i dont think this is at all fair with ur friend.if her husband is a nice person as u stated, he'd have respect for her beliefs, accept her for the way she is! i dont think ur friend should come under any pressure from her husband/in-laws for treating her so insensitively ji.

Guru meher karan & i really hope ur friend comes out of this problem smiling.

Guru Rakha pray.gif

That's true, maybe Guru Ji is testing my puwa. But it's so easily said than done. She knows too well that she wants to keep her hair long, but she knows (and we also know) that her husabnd and her in-laws will only keep on pestering her. He asked her to cut her hair a month after their marriage, which was about 5 months ago, and he still keeps on asking her.

I'm not being desrespectful to her in-laws, but they are a meannn bunch. They think that they're modern, and so they dye and cut their hair. The husband, like I said b4, is alright, but it's mainly the women who don't really follow our religion. In my opinion, I reckon that the masa ji is being pressured by his cousins and so on, about how his wife isn't in with the fashion and so on... ohmy.gif

the husband needs to listen to sant jee speeches and learn who he himself is

Veer, it mostly happen wid gals .. i know a girl who was of religious belief ,... her family is gursikh she got marry to a nice guy.. as i know that guy very closely .. he is a nice guy his nature is good but he is not on the path of sikhi didnt care for our sikh value he cut his hair ..then that girl told me that i m very upset in tension coz my in laws go to sum baba and that baba give me any naam but i didnt care for that baba or naam ... .. now she is strong every day read gurbani her in laws wants to cut hair of her daughter but then she said dont ever think of that my daughter will cut her hair for ur stupid baba .. coz i wanna make her gursikh ... now her husband is changing and comin on the path of sikhi ....bro jus do one thing go to gurudwara sahib and do ardas and take Guru ji's hukum..and belive me u will get the right way from guru ji