Khalsa Colours And Chola/bana

KH4L1$T4N1

Kesari or Basanti? I have not read any written reference in support of adopting one colour or the other. (Also I do not claim to have more knowledge of history about how and why diffirent colours were adopted.). However, I have seen old picture/ paintings of old murals showing Nishan Sahibs. They (Nishan Sahibs) seem to be yellowish - more like Basanti rather than Kesari. Chardi Kala is one of the Piri aspect of the Sikhi. Sikhi promoted positive outlook of life rather than fear of deities as was promoted by the Hinduism of the days of Gurus. Adopting “renunciation” as a way to spirituality was discouraged . Guru Nanak was not happy with Baba Siri Chand for this reason. So Jathedar Vedanti “MAY” be right in bringing this to our attention.

Regarding the blue colour, it certainly signifies the warrior aspect (ONE of the Miri aspect) of Sikhi. Nihangs always had this as their favorite colour. (My grand uncle was a Nihang. He wore basanti with blue turban, or blue with blue and basanti turban, or white with blue and basanti turban . (The basanti part of his turban used to be only one or two “laRh”).

Blue was also adopted by the Akalies, during their struggle to free the historic gurdwaras, as the distinguishing colour of their turbans (though many Akalis also wore white turbans).

I'll check with my texts but I am pretty sure the colours chosen deliberately were saffron and blue. We do not wear saffron by itself because that would mean gaining spirituality through asceticism. We always combine it with blue to remind us of the Temporal. You could say we are ascetics in our hearts, in so much we are surrounded by the 5 thieves but don't become subject to them. Wheras the ascetic fears the five thieves and so tries to hide from them We as Sikhs do not........we confront them head on.

The key here is the combination of saffron and blue and not seeing the two colours as seperate.

On a side note I think the colour Besant has more to do with the Indepence movement more than Sikhism.....thats just my personal view. There are nationalistic songs at the time that talk of "Rang le Basanti" etc.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

""""""Than why are you here???

And you still havnt answered my question...""""""""

I said any true BabaJi. That is the only thing you said revealing that you asked a question.

I am here to make sure all your lies, slander and back biting gets exposed to all the people who you show a two faced additude to, and I want to share with people the info or oppinion that I know. Why? are you going to cry about it? I see on discoversikhi that you backbite me and smear your filth onto that site also. what nerve you have to lie and slander and back bite yet jump into conversations and pretend you know what we are talking about in order to jump in with an echo from another site.

And your blog is just a continuation of what other people say on forums.... just to let you know you cant trick your way through life. After seeing your blog I see that what others debate on forums is what you pretend to post as your original thoughts.

You should spend more time learning rather than debating. You cant learn for 5 min and debate for 5 hours.

I said any true BabaJi. That is the only thing you said revealing that you asked a question.

I am here to make sure all your lies, slander and back biting gets exposed to all the people who you show a two faced additude to, and I want to share with people the info or oppinion that I know. Why? are you going to cry about it? I see on discoversikhi that you backbite me and smear your filth onto that site also. what nerve you have to lie and slander and back bite yet jump into conversations and pretend you know what we are talking about in order to jump in with an echo from another site.

And your blog is just a continuation of what other people say on forums.... just to let you know you cant trick your way through life. After seeing your blog I see that what others debate on forums is what you pretend to post as your original thoughts.

You should spend more time learning rather than debating. You cant learn for 5 min and debate for 5 hours.

thanks for answering my question...

You know what? we are both slanderers... we go around debating and then telling others what to do and what is right/wrong. Thenw e spam the forums to get our post count higher, yes i do that too. Then we have double standards (that a swell, trying to kick it).

Same here, i try to speak my opion, that is why ioften put "IMHO" to tell others that this is an opion, rather than a command or trying to tell others what to do. Ifpeoplestill can'tfiqure it out, than that's there problem.

Sure go ahead and expose me, go and paint me wrong, go and tell other people about me... this is just a test from guru ji, to see if i pass it, oddly, it comes from my own sikhi brothers. Well i will not convert or back out from sikhi, as i almost did a while back. Go ahead to do your damage to me... it on;y makes me stronger.

And yes i do need to learn more, but just because i don't know as much as you, doesn't make meany lower than you, or unable to debate topics.

I wish best time for you pritam, i do not want to harm you... i just like to ask questions and try to help you like others would...

-LC

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

You dont know what "Slander" means.

Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation

My statements arent false but yours are.

I dont paint you wrong I just take still shot pictures and thats enough for me, I dont need to explain the pic tells the whole strory.

I never say im higher than anyone. I just remind you that you dont know enough to speak on the bullhorn.

These are the khalsa colors white black blue and orange

thank you, but i think anyone can wear whatever colors they want. in certain situations, it'sbest to keep modest and keep with local customs, if that means wearing orange or blue, overall, it's not something we should be debating over.

Walla Walla Ding Dang.... just because the people in that picture are wearing those colors doesn't make them Khalsa colors dude. And so you basically posted the exact same thing as others.

Not trying to beat on you Walla Walla, but a lotta people post stuff which has already been posted, it's kinda annoying... wacko.gif