Baana Over Baani

Guest G.Kaur

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

its rehat to eat less, therefore you will need to go toilet less. the body needs to be trained to go toilet before you have ishanaan, i wouldnt call ways you dont agree with weird. its peoples own satkar levels. bana is such a great thing so in my eyes it should be treated exactly how said in the first post. n the thing with smoking, jus keep away from people when smoking, this duznt make you a vampire. i know alot of people who aint singhs who will move away from smokers due to the smell.

sory if offended n e1

I said its "wierd, because it is. If I dont agree with something doesnt make it wierd, and when I think its wierd whether I agree with it or not means I think its wierd. I dont agree with Sikhs who cut their hair but I dont think its wierd. This means you cant use the restroom at the Gurdwara or your having "dirty" bana? This makes no sense. This sounds like some of the hindu stuff whispered from a brahmin trying to mislead people to not wear bana. Having bana has nothing to do with using the restroom unless in the restroom you disrespect it. What would happen at war when you had to use the restroom on hot days where you need to hydrate yourself by drinking up to 64 ounces{8- 8oz cups} of water a day? You would have to strip down just to pee? or you can only go the other way once a day and before ishnaan? Most people go the second they just ate and other digest and then go. Your body is constantly exchanging the watse for the new food intake. Agreeing with this "changing your bana to use the restroom" sounds like some made up "wierd" thing that some misleaders have infultrated into some Sikhs of today. If you get too tech like people are then we are going to start thinking that if you dont do this like that at this time of the day while standing on one leg holding a cup of water etc is the only way to do things, when the Gurus broke this auspisious stuff, because most of this "wierd" stuff bear no fruit and make no sense so it had to have been brought in by someone misleading gullible Sikhs and now its spread further into and now is here to show to kids here. Blah Blah but this sounds suspicious.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such silly nonsense people have, cloths is cloths is cloths, get over it... the gurus did wear it, yet it is not mandatory, however sikhi is mandatory. Trying not to bash anyone, but we shouldnt be trying to focus more on substance than outward appearance.

Siksh can wear any cloths, talk any language and be from any culture/background/race.

d_oh.gif

so you say its ok to take a crap, n then do mahraajs seva??? i gues its to do with your own respect levels for mahraaj. like i ses, you train your body to go toilet less during the day, and go before ishanaan, its rehit to eat less so therefore if wearing banaa, rehit must be being practiced meaning you will be eating less anyway.

no one said anything about what cloth a sikh should wear but the matter of keeping it clean. if wearing banaa, singhs should be tyar par tyar. therefore redy to do mahraajs seva. personally i wouldnt find it suitable to do mahraajs seva if jus bin toilet.

if you was to ask any of the older generation singhs, no matter what jata bandhi, whether AKJ, Taksali etc most will give the same view that if been toliet, mahraajs seva shouldnt be done. this has nothing to do with hinduism, or brahmanism or wat eva, its to do with sharda for mahraaj.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Such silly nonsense people have, cloths is cloths is cloths, get over it... the gurus did wear it, yet it is not mandatory, however sikhi is mandatory. Trying not to bash anyone, but we shouldnt be trying to focus more on substance than outward appearance.

Siksh can wear any cloths, talk any language and be from any culture/background/race.

d_oh.gif

A person is seen right off the bat as what they reflect. A turban is an outside apearance so you dont need to wear it because its just a cloth is a cloth. No need to change your appearance because I know you wernt born with a turban and a turban dont grow out your head. If you quit wearing a turban I could maybe understand what your saying, but until then its only a contradiction. You can speak what ever language but you must read SGGS in the original language and then you can translate it in the Sangats main language

so you say its ok to take a crap, n then do mahraajs seva??? i gues its to do with your own respect levels for mahraaj. like i ses, you train your body to go toilet less during the day, and go before ishanaan, its rehit to eat less so therefore if wearing banaa, rehit must be being practiced meaning you will be eating less anyway.

no one said anything about what cloth a sikh should wear but the matter of keeping it clean. if wearing banaa, singhs should be tyar par tyar. therefore redy to do mahraajs seva. personally i wouldnt find it suitable to do mahraajs seva if jus bin toilet.

if you was to ask any of the older generation singhs, no matter what jata bandhi, whether AKJ, Taksali etc most will give the same view that if been toliet, mahraajs seva shouldnt be done. this has nothing to do with hinduism, or brahmanism or wat eva, its to do with sharda for mahraaj.

You cant have sex earlier in the day and then do Maharaj seva. You the only SIkh I know who has a remote control button to use the restroom. Your one out of 700 trillion. Ive senn GranthJi in the restroom at all the Gurdwaras Ive ever been to and the just wash their hands for 5 mins. You sound like a hinduized Sikh from what your saying.

post-5391-1152569998.jpg

lol yeh rite. childish comments man. bhai sahib, like i said, its down to your own satkar levels. nufing to do with hindusim. if u feel its fine to take a crap n then do mahraajs seva, that up to you. i personally think thats beadbi and feel that utmost levels of cleanliness should be maintained around the king of kings. akaals puraks form. and who said anything about a remote control button. your obviously totally missing the point on what is being said, or may be im just not explaining properly.

bhaji your entiltled to your view but please dont start with the childish your a hinuized sikh blah blah blah.

Gurfateh

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo ji kee Fateh.

The email from which this post is taken was just to say that if we can stop disrepect from hapening towards Guru Ji's baana then surely we should be tying to do this. Its not to say anyone is wrong its just to highlight the importance. If any offence was taken then apologies, it was not intended.

At the end of the day it comes down what we as individuals see as beadbi or disrespect and to what extent, as we all have different views. So it's up to ourselves how far we want to take stuff, or to what extent we believe it should be taken. We shouldn't be starting conflicts between ourselves in saying what we believe right as we all consider different aspects of sikhi or rehit at different levels of importance. We shuldn't be pushing others o believe the same.

Its whatever sohjee or understanding we have been given by Guru Ji.

I didn't really know how to put this into words as i don't feel comfortable writing about it as i'm a singhnee but.. the not wearing baana to the toilet issue is for when people stand up to urinate and splashes get on to the baana therefore some people believe this to be a huge beadbi and would try to avoid it by taking the baana off.

Bhul chuk maaf

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo ji kee Fateh

d_oh.gif

A person is seen right off the bat as what they reflect. A turban is an outside apearance so you dont need to wear it because its just a cloth is a cloth. No need to change your appearance because I know you wernt born with a turban and a turban dont grow out your head. If you quit wearing a turban I could maybe understand what your saying, but until then its only a contradiction. You can speak what ever language but you must read SGGS in the original language and then you can translate it in the Sangats main language

You cant have sex earlier in the day and then do Maharaj seva. You the only SIkh I know who has a remote control button to use the restroom. Your one out of 700 trillion. Ive senn GranthJi in the restroom at all the Gurdwaras Ive ever been to and the just wash their hands for 5 mins. You sound like a hinduized Sikh from what your saying.

GurFateh jio.

yo i hate it when people say stuff like that to others on the board... "you sound like a hindunized/muslimized" (whatever you wanna call it)..

like thats so rude.. just cuz of one little thing ..like honestly... i know this is gonna sound rude now..but like i dont think you have the right to judge who a sikh is, and who aint. (and i meant that in the nicest way possible. i know it sounded rude though. sorry)

ultimate paapi is correct yo...

just think abt it...

do you really think its ok to have a shyt and then do Guru jis seva afterwards, without showerin?? :| @ like i mean youre RIGHT BESIDE/BEHIND Guru jis saroop.

this really has nothing to do with braham stuff ya know... it has to do with cleanliness.

in sikhi..sucham is very, very important. some people see it more important than others

aapnee shardaa hundee rolleyes.gif

some people dont eat from Gurudwaras cuz they say "some people touch their unclean hair while doin seva at the Gurudwara, or little kids dont have Suchai cuz sometimes parents dont tell them and say it ok just cuz they young, so therefore i wont eat from the Gurughar."

some people dont even eat/drink at someones house, be it their family relative or someone they dont know. but they wont eat/drink from there cuz the person may have meat and stuff in the house and they wish to not have food/drinks from the same fridge as where the meat is or where alcohol is.

once i went to an Akhand Paath and someone asked me to Chor Sahib... i didnt do it cuz of the fact that i hadnt taken a shower before goin to the Akhand Paath.

and sometimes, after my Gatka class, my mom decides to take my sis, bro and i to the Gurudwara (which is right beside our Gatka akhada) ..and i dont feel like goin cuz im sweatin and stuff...it just feels so uncleanly for me to do that.

but as i said before: aapnee shardaa hundee rolleyes.gif

and also... its your personal opinion, and what youve grown up with

peace...

GurFateh.

:

[ultimate paapi is correct yo...

just think abt it...

do you really think its ok to have a shyt and then do Guru jis seva afterwards, without showerin?? :| @ like i mean youre RIGHT BESIDE/BEHIND Guru jis saroop.

Maaf Kar _/|\_ but I fell off my chair because I was laughing so hard when I read that. No one ever put it so bluntly before. LOL.gifLOL.gif